Things that make me say "hmmmmm"

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
so for the last week, Ron Wolfley --

smash-mouth, old school, blood sport Ron Wolfley has been advocating strongly for the Cards #8 pick to be used on …………………………..

Henry Ruggs, WR Alabama

not to go conspiracy theory, but I believe the Cards telegraph to their fans if there will be a pick that the fans aren't ready for, and, Ron Wolfley is a trusted media guy employed by the team

I guess I did go conspiracy theory...…..

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd be incredulous if this happened. It'd be like drafting a John Ross.
Except he can actually catch/high point & runs way better routes without having durability concerns with also being in a historic WR class.

John Ross was the opposite in all of that.

Dig into context.

That being said, no WR period.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Except he can actually catch/high point & runs way better routes without having durability concerns with also being in a historic WR class.

John Ross was the opposite in all of that.

Dig into context.

That being said, no WR period.
I'm not making a direct comparison to a player, just the concept that Ross skyrocketed up boards because of his elite speed and has been a #3 at best, contributing a whopping 49 receptions over three years. Even if Ruggs is great, he's still going to be sitting at little to no playing time because of the guys already on the roster.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

smash-mouth, old school, blood sport Ron Wolfley has been advocating strongly for the Cards #8 pick to be used on …………………………..

Henry Ruggs, WR Alabama

not to go conspiracy theory, but I believe the Cards telegraph to their fans if there will be a pick that the fans aren't ready for, and, Ron Wolfley is a trusted media guy employed by the team

nope

na

no

hell no!!

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Henry Ruggs, WR Alabama

would not be surprised at all if we go Ruggs at 8; he fits extremely well in KK’s offense.

wolf is just filling up airtime tho

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Except that Ruggs ran a very diverse route tree, while Ross only ran go routes at UW.
If the argument is that we need someone to go over the top of the D, what else is he going to be running?

I'm not saying he can't be good. I still think he's the third best WR, but I don't want any of them.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If true, I think this further supports the Cardinals are looking to trade down from #8.

It's hard to believe Keim will not seize upon the opportunity to add a second round pick. Of course if an unexpected player falls, things can change.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Except that Ruggs ran a very diverse route tree, while Ross only ran go routes at UW.

If the argument is that we need someone to go over the top of the D, what else is he going to be running?

I'm not saying he can't be good. I still think he's the third best WR, but I don't want any of them.

Ruggs, Isabella, K1 & Drake on the field at the same time is super scary. That's even before we get to our #1, 2, or 3 WR.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
NFL is about creating mismatches. We would have three special weapons in DHop, Ruggs and KM that would put fear in every DC. How many teams have a second CB that can run with Ruggs? He impacts how defenses will align. He can make an impact without catching the ball. No safeties in the box creating more space for RBs and Kyler to run as well.

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I know they love Wolfley but there is no way they are trusting someone with that many concussions to be the secret messenger of their intent.

ha

look -- its probably nothing

but i find it so interesting that Mr. Smashmouth doesnt want to go OL or DL -- but a speed WR

its just so out of character

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Who is scared of Isabella?

I guess if 40 times on paper scare you, yes... but in that case you don't even have a number for Kyler.
His speed scared everyone. Hell..... a few of the times he touched the ball it was electric.

The K1 throw and Andy's catch and run (1st rounder to 2nd rounder) may have been the play of the year IMO. Even more than KD's run in Seattle.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
His speed scared everyone. Hell..... a few of the times he touched the ball it was electric.

The K1 throw and Andy's catch and run (1st rounder to 2nd rounder) may have been the play of the year IMO. Even more than KD's run in Seattle.
They will be once he part of the system and utilized properly.
Man, with this kind of defense of the guy, you'd have to think there's no reason to draft a WR at #8...