Who do we draft now at #8?

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Had a dream, last night, and in it I was allowed into the Cardinals' War Room and a look (30 seconds) at their Big Board. This is what I saw and was told that there were no QB's.
1. Young, Edge
2. Simmons, LB
3. Okudah, CB
4. Brown, DT
5. Thomas, OT
6. Lamb, WR
7. Kinlaw, DT
8. Becton, OT
9. Ruggs, WR
10.Wills, OT

And SK told me (speaking through a mask) that he expected the top three to be gone, along with three QB's by the time Carolina makes their pick, but we should be able to get our fourth or fifth rated player. And when I woke up a couple of things became clear to me. One, DL is our greatest position of need. And two when drafting in the Top Ten ALWAYS go LT over RT. When the Season ended most experts had Thomas as the top rated OT, but that changed with the Combine. But, I'm glad to know, not for my Cardinals.

So, with the eighth pick, Arizona selects ........ .

Unfortunately, SK asked me not to say. :)

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Andrew Thomas 36 1/8
Mekhi Becton 35 5/8
Jedrick Wills 34 1/4
Tristan Wirfs 34
Josh Jones 33 7/8

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I have a tough time with Wills over Becton. I understand that Wills is more polished, but IMO they both are best run blocking and I rate Becton as the more athletic of the two. I think Becton has the potential to develop into a significantly better pass blocker.

If you asked me...Simmons, Wills or Becton? It is pretty close at this point. I do believe Simmons is gone by the time the Cardinals pick, but if they did select him, it would be interesting to see how they used him defensively. Campbell was signed to start and is a pretty good player. Starting S spot would be the most apparent opening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson