DJ traded to the Texans for DeAndre Freaking Hopkins

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So from this Nuk will get everything he wants and keim wants to fre up some cap space...

Which FA is still out there that we could sign?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I don’t see the point in extending him before the season. He’s got 3 years and the cap hits are 1-2 mil more than Fitz.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
I don’t see the point in extending him before the season. He’s got 3 years and the cap hits are 1-2 mil more than Fitz.

I'm sure throwing in some guaranteed money and giving a little extra more per year will help appease him. Bill O'Brian just let possibly the best wide receiver walk out the door. Crazy.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I'm sure throwing in some guaranteed money and giving a little extra more per year will help appease him. Bill O'Brian just let possibly the best wide receiver walk out the door. Crazy.

Just referring to the idea that it creates cap space that we need right now. Getting him locked in eventually is obviously smart.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Clowny sounds good on the cheap,
Griffin too hm
Clowney's current asking price is 17m. Wonder if we can work some cap magic to get him on a one year deal without all that money going against the cap.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I would probably do it. It gives us another athlete to throw at SF and Seattle and LA. Both Seattle and SF like to run the ball and Clowney is great vs the run. It enables us to rotate Chandler a little bit more to keep him fresh. Also, Clowney can run from the interior which would give our interior DTs a break as well.

Also, he would translate into a potential compensatory pick moving forward.

I am a big believer in mindset and momentum, and what those things can do for a team moving forward. Adding Clowney sets an expectation to the team that it is time to win. It changes the mindset of the team. It creates even more momentum. It helps our secondary. It helps Kyler by hopefully taking a little pressure off of him.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Do we want the Cardinals to throw a Brinks truck at a guy who doesnt even get 10 sacks a year?
Previous injury issues aside..... that comment doesn't even come close to the on-field impact he has. Not only is he an elite run defender on the edge, he would compliment Chandler very nicely.

And of course..... it would weaken the Seahawks. Which I would personally love.

Can it happen? Probably not. Should we try? Maybe.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Texans' Bill O'Brien stands by trade, says DeAndre Hopkins wanted raise

In his first public comments since trading DeAndre Hopkins, Houston Texans head coach and general manager Bill O'Brien cited the wide receiver's desire for "a raise" as one of the reasons for his trade to the Arizona Cardinals.

Last month, Houston traded Hopkins, a reigning three-time All-Pro selection, and a 2020 fourth-round pick for running back David Johnson, a 2020 second-round pick and a 2021 fourth-round selection.

"I would say the deal with Arizona was a deal that we felt was in the best interest of our team," O'Brien said on Friday in a roundtable for Texans season-ticket holders. "DeAndre Hopkins was a great football player here. He made so many plays for us. We love DeAndre Hopkins. But he had three years left on his deal and he wanted a raise. And we weren't going to be able to go in that direction. We felt like we had a great offer from Arizona that involved picks. That involved an excellent three-down running back who is hungry and humble and just can't wait to get started. David Johnson is going to be a great addition to our football team.

"There's a lot of things that go into trades. Lot of thoughts that go in. How much are you going to take on contractually? How much does it take to buy that second-round pick, that No. 40 pick? What type of player are you bringing in? What type of player are you losing and what is in the best interest of the team?"

Texans CEO Cal McNair and executive vice president of football operations Jack Easterby also spoke on the call, both praising the moves made by the team during the NFL's free-agency period.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...tands-trade-says-deandre-hopkins-wanted-raise

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Still pumped bill o brian is a god in cardinals fan eyes!!!!

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I would probably do it. It gives us another athlete to throw at SF and Seattle and LA. Both Seattle and SF like to run the ball and Clowney is great vs the run.
unfortunately, the time for this move was before giving Derek Kennard $7mm a year

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Clowney isn’t going to get anywhere near 15-20 that he wanted. If he ain’t signed by now that tells you everything you need to know.

he’s going to get around 10.

I wouldn’t mind kicking the tires on Suh

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
upload_2020-4-4_10-32-33-png.31648

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Wide receiver relocations: DeAndre Hopkins to soar on Cardinals

• You must be registered for see images attach
  • By Nate Burleson
  • NFL.com Analyst
  • Published: April 3, 2020 at 11:52 a.m.
  • Updated: April 3, 2020 at 12:53 p.m.

You must be registered for see images attach

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Projecting 2020 production for four notable RBs starting fresh

• You must be registered for see images attach
  • By Maurice Jones-Drew
  • NFL.com Analyst
  • Published: March 30, 2020 at 11:10 a.m.
  • Updated: April 3, 2020 at 06:48 p.m.

You must be registered for see images attach