Let’s Talk About Lamb

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Like I wish you guys would stop reiterating that “Always take BPA over Need” as if Lamb is levels above Wills as a prospect.
Agreed. Here are how he ranks the non-QBs.

1-Chase Young
2-Isaiah Simmons
3-Derrick Brown
4-Jeffrey Okudah
5-Mekhi Becton
6-Javon Kinlaw
7-CeeDee Lamb
8-Jedrick Wills
9-Jerry Jeudy
10-Henry Ruggs
11-Tristan Wirfs

So...

1-they are all very close in terms of grades
2-need and positional value is an accepted way to separate players

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Something else to consider...Derrick Brown is a top 4, non QB prospect, for Jeremiah, Kiper and Tony Pauline.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The bottom line is nobody knows which of these prospects will have the better career. None of us on this board truly knows and most NFL teams don't know (or there wouldn't be so many busts each year with high picks).

If Lamb and Wills will have the same great career - 10 year starters and some pro bowls mixed in. I would take Wills.

If Wills/Becton/Wirfs/Thomas is the next Levi Brown and Lamb is the next DHop (and there isn't another player on that level when you draft)...you take Lamb.

The fun part of this is we all get to debate and promote our favorite player or potential strategy.
The frustrating part of this is people act like they know with 100% certainty that this player is going to better than that player and tell other people they are wrong.

Let's have fun.

Here's Matt Miller's big board. Not only are Wills and Wirfs above Lamb but Lamb is WR3.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...test-2020-big-board-with-1-month-to-go#slide1

That's not to say Miller is right, but it's certainly not the case that Lamb is BPA at 8.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Here's Matt Miller's big board. Not only are Wills and Wirfs above Lamb but Lamb is WR3.

I am not sure what that proves?

Here was his final big board from 2017:

Rank Player Pos. School
1 Myles Garrett EDGE Texas A&M
2 Leonard Fournette RB LSU
3 Reuben Foster LB Alabama
4 Jamal Adams S LSU
5 Solomon Thomas EDGE Stanford
6 Malik Hooker S Ohio State
7 O.J. Howard TE Alabama
8 Jonathan Allen DL Alabama
9 Quincy Wilson CB Florida
10 Marshon Lattimore CB Ohio State
11 Gareon Conley CB Ohio State
12 Mike Williams WR Clemson
13 David Njoku TE Miami (Fla.)
14 Mitchell Trubisky QB North Carolina
15 Corey Davis WR Western Michigan
16 Haason Reddick LB Temple
17 Charles Harris EDGE Missouri
18 Joe Mixon RB Oklahoma
19 Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
20 Forrest Lamp G Western Kentucky

Mahomes was his #37 ranked player

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am not sure what that proves?

Here was his final big board from 2017:

Rank Player Pos. School
1 Myles Garrett EDGE Texas A&M
2 Leonard Fournette RB LSU
3 Reuben Foster LB Alabama
4 Jamal Adams S LSU
5 Solomon Thomas EDGE Stanford
6 Malik Hooker S Ohio State
7 O.J. Howard TE Alabama
8 Jonathan Allen DL Alabama
9 Quincy Wilson CB Florida
10 Marshon Lattimore CB Ohio State
11 Gareon Conley CB Ohio State
12 Mike Williams WR Clemson
13 David Njoku TE Miami (Fla.)
14 Mitchell Trubisky QB North Carolina
15 Corey Davis WR Western Michigan
16 Haason Reddick LB Temple
17 Charles Harris EDGE Missouri
18 Joe Mixon RB Oklahoma
19 Christian McCaffrey RB Stanford
20 Forrest Lamp G Western Kentucky

Mahomes was his #37 ranked player

Deshaun Watson? where is?

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Deshaun Watson? where is?

Watson was his #22 ranked player and DeShone Kizer was #41 (4 spots behind Mahomes).

I can't blame him for that...I liked Kizer and thought we were trading up in Round 2 to draft him vs Budda. Thankfully, I was wrong again. :)

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really don’t think we are taking Lamb. Kyler has hinted he’d like Lamb. Keim went one step better and got him Hopkins.

There are 3 players we simply can’t pass on. Young, Okudah and Simmons. If one of these players are still on the board we simply take him. I don’t think they will be.

Many will argue Brown, Wirfs , Wills , Becton should be on that list. But these 4 players gives us an option to trade down and get a player in that position if desired.

if I had to guess I think Brown will be the guy still available. There may be a team or two willing to trade up and grab him. But I’m telling you now I would demand to be overpaid or I would just take the guy we want.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Yes if we can’t get by the daily moaning of Solar for the following 9 months! Lol.
I'm not going to spend any time moaning because it's not gonna happen. All certainty of that aside, if in the outrageous scenario that it did, I like Lamb a lot overall, so I'd reserve my complaints for the time that this offense isn't the dynamic force everyone is expecting when Kyler has no time to throw or the defense gives up 50 points a game (yes, hyperbole, I know) and we don't win the shootouts.

And if we draft Lamb and the Cardinals become the most prolific passing offense in the NFL, you can all rub my nose in it.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to spend any time moaning because it's not gonna happen. All certainty of that aside, if in the outrageous scenario that it did, I like Lamb a lot overall, so I'd reserve my complaints for the time that this offense isn't the dynamic force everyone is expecting when Kyler has no time to throw or the defense gives up 50 points a game (yes, hyperbole, I know) and we don't win the shootouts.

And if we draft Lamb and the Cardinals become the most prolific passing offense in the NFL, you can all rub my nose in it.
I really don’t think we are drafting Lamb... but it’s sure been fun getting you fired up!

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I really don’t think we are drafting Lamb... but it’s sure been fun getting you fired up!
I'm just really shocked at the volume of people who genuinely want or think we're taking Lamb. If it were a few people, I'd probably dismiss the whole thing, but it makes me wonder what I'm missing. I just fundamentally can't understand the argument.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm just really shocked at the volume of people who genuinely want or think we're taking Lamb. If it were a few people, I'd probably dismiss the whole thing, but it makes me wonder what I'm missing. I just fundamentally can't understand the argument.

Not surprising when you start an argument with a conclusion followed by endless backstopping, with no heed to other views.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Not surprising when you start an argument with a conclusion followed by endless backstopping, with no heed to other views.
I've heeded other views, but researching the topic, the draft, and the state of this team, I've felt the answer is pretty clear in what will make this team better.

Just to be clear - this is all "in my opinion," but my English teachers drilled into me never to use that phrase, since it's obvious if that's something you're writing.

I feel there are multiple directions for the team to go and try to become a winning team, and one that is a luxury. But it's no secret I'm not a fan of the GM or coaching staff on this team, and it was going to take a lot to change my opinion. They've had about as great of an offseason as I could have possibly hoped for, and I'd hate for my increased optimism to be ruined because I don't like the draft.

Not a lot of other things to look forward to (or even talk about) in my world right now, unfortunately.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The thinking is that Kingsbury and Murray are all about winning with a dynamic passing game, making that the strength of the team. They are also saying that Fitz and Kirk are hovering just above irrelevant, and Hopkins needs a couterpart.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The thinking is that Kingsbury and Murray are all about winning with a dynamic passing game, making that the strength of the team. They are also saying that Fitz and Kirk are hovering just above irrelevant, and Hopkins needs a couterpart.

Whose thinking?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I think Kirk has just had bad luck, and Fitz can still really contribute. I would like to see Murray ascend into the QB many said he'd be, a pretty transcendent talent, and see how the young guys we already have in the room can develop before we bury them on the depth chart or cut them.

I also think it's really easy to find a contributing WR in other spots in the draft, even if that means the 3rd or the 4th this year. It's a draft lauded for its depth at the position - let's play to that strength.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very big difference between want or think.