Marcus Gilbert re-signed

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
depending on this guy in any way shape or form or thinking this alleviates the need for a RT seems like Old Cardinals thinking. Last 3 years he's played in 12 of 48 games. Dude is Mr. Glass. Hope they didn't give him anything more than Vet Min.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
depending on this guy in any way shape or form or thinking this alleviates the need for a RT seems like Old Cardinals thinking. Last 3 years he's played in 12 of 48 games. Dude is Mr. Glass. Hope they didn't give him anything more than Vet Min.
What it makes me wonder is if he got an offer from another team, and while we would have liked to wait until after the draft to bring him back, we have to be proactive.

I'm a little grumpy because I think we're going to skip investing at OT now, but at least we're not solely relying on Justin Murray anymore.

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
Keim is really having a good offseason hopefully that continues into the draft. Seems like a smart move keeping a good player when health allows, granted he hasn't been healthy as much as I'm sure he would like but maybe be gets some luck and a chip on his shoulder

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We really won't know how these moves pan out until the season but it really seems like they have attempted to fill almost every hole prior to the draft. Early on WR, LB, DL and OL were probably the biggest glaring holes. Now it seems as if they have added 1-2 pieces at each spot. Also locked up Drake for at least a year.
A lot will depend on health of some of these guys coming back from injury (Alford, Gilbert, Garcia, etc...). The draft really will be a situation where any production we get will be icing on the cake.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Credit to @Cuozzo for posting in another thread.

I didn't see this coming. What does it mean at #8?
It means no RT, possible trade down or BPA. I've said it many times. We can get by in 2020 with Justin Murray & Marcus Gilbert at RT. Didn't know for sure we would resign Gilbert when I first said it but I mentioned the possibility. If he can even get to 75% of his pro bowl form it will be great.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
None of these moves have any effect on the draft pick depending on the guarantees.

Considering we paid Gilbert 6m for doing nothing and his injury history I'm guessing his G's will be low.

So if a tackle they like falls to them then it's fair game but same with most positions.

I do however think Keim would like to trade back and get the 2nd back.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Is it possible they would want to start Wirfs out at Guard and then slowly ease his transition to RT?

I thought I read somewhere we could cut Sweezy and save some cash.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA