Rumor: Cards have made a trade

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Diggs and Chris Jones would be considered big trades IMO but unlikely

Calais Campbell would be amazing

Sounds crazy but we would only get a 2.4m hit to cap if we trade Humphries for Trent Williams (7 time pro bowler). Is that the reason we didn't give him a big signing bonus? The Redskins need a LT. Grassy knoll stuff...I get it.

Trading Reddick wouldn't be big IMO but trading him and/or David Johnson would be.

If PP21 said I am absolutely not re-signing here, that could be the trade but I expect he will sign a new deal here. If not, a #1 pick in this years draft would be awesome.
lol

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Early predictions...

Cards trade DJ
Cards trade Reddick
Cards trade for Stefon Diggs
Cards trade for Christian McCaffrey (I had this as a long shot but no longer think it would be)

Long shots...

Cards trade for Allen Robinson
Cards trade for Geno Atkins

Murray to McCaffrey. M&Ms. Yeah that's cheesy.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Seems pretty unlikely. That would require at least a 1st but hey Reddick played for Rhule and D coordinator Snow at Temple so might as well throw him in too while we are fantasizing.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Seems pretty unlikely. That would require at least a 1st but hey Reddick played for Rhule and D coordinator Snow at Temple so might as well throw him in too while we are fantasizing.
The Panthers are selling. Trai Turner was an amazing player and they got rid of him. McCaffrey has one more year and an option year before he is scheduled to be a FA. Cardinals need a RB and have a history of valuing the position more than others. If the Panthers are not interested in McCaffrey long term, why not trade him while his value is high?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The Diggs move makes the most sense as the Vikings almost have to trade him. He won't take a pay cut, Zimmer wants to add defensive players, and they don't want to throw the ball. Diggs is essentially what we want Jeudy to be so he makes sense for the Cardinals.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So if it's any of these 3 I would be really happy

Trent Williams for DJ

Diggs

McCaffery - I would gladly trade our first for him, I think he is the best non qb offensive player in the league

Trading Reddick for cap room or just dumping DJ to Tampa don't qualify as a big trade to me.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ah ok, big for the impact of the salary
Yes but I think even with a trade there will be a cap hit moving him

Don't know maybe is something about p21
At one point they should let him go and getting some compensation
Depends on how much of his salary a team is willing to take on? All of it, then we only take on his 6 million signing bonus. Either way we have to pay the bonus. We would net 4.2 million off the books if traded. I was thinking the same as you about PP21. If the trade is big like Buckybird said, that's the only one I can think of. PP21 to the Chiefs for Chris Jones straight up maybe?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll believe it when I see it. There was 30 of us here that predicted Kyler was our guy...and then it happened.

Williams for Humphries, ridiculous.
McCafferty , never going to happen now.
Reddick? No big deal.
Diggs? Talk about salary cap. So we trade a pick and add ??M to our cap. No

Peterson. Hmm. If we knew Okudah was going to be there at 8 I could see it. In return we get a first and a 4th? The only thing is if it’s a team like K.C. We know where they are drafting so it’s like a second round pick. I guess we could parlay the extra picks to move back into the first round and still get Lamb?

Bottom line, I don’t think anything is going to happen.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Hmmm...I think Keim trades KM and KK to Cincy for their 1st and Dalton, Picks Tua and 1 then trades Dalton to NE for Billicek....and a glazed donut..to go! (Can anyone name that reference? Lol)

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I have a good source outside of the organization that has said he’s be informed by a friend inside the organization that a trade between the Big Red & another team have a trade.

He was not told most of the details by this person, pending finalization. No idea whom the teams or players/picks involved, but he said his source said its “big”. I was told it could get done in the coming days or possibly even when the new league year begins on FA kickoff.

I trust this person. Last season I was told 3 weeks before the draft they were drafting Murray #1 & shared that info with a select few. Then it happened lol :)

Let the speculation begin.

I don’t think it will happen on Wednesday but I guess it could lol

Not that I doubt you, but to be fair, 50% on this board "knew" the Cards were drafting Murray #1, as soon as he declared for the draft. lol

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Diggs and Chris Jones would be considered big trades IMO but unlikely

Calais Campbell would be amazing

Sounds crazy but we would only get a 2.4m hit to cap if we trade Humphries for Trent Williams (7 time pro bowler). Is that the reason we didn't give him a big signing bonus? The Redskins need a LT. Grassy knoll stuff...I get it.

Trading Reddick wouldn't be big IMO but trading him and/or David Johnson would be.

If PP21 said I am absolutely not re-signing here, that could be the trade but I expect he will sign a new deal here. If not, a #1 pick in this years draft would be awesome.

Things I've read and heard make it seem likely that Campbell is a salary cap casualty...

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I’ll believe it when I see it. There was 30 of us here that predicted Kyler was our guy...and then it happened.

Reddick? No big deal.

Peterson. Hmm. If we knew Okudah was going to be there at 8 I could see it. In return we get a first and a 4th? The only thing is if it’s a team like K.C. We know where they are drafting so it’s like a second round pick. I guess we could parlay the extra picks to move back into the first round and still get Lamb?

You may be right.

Diggs getting traded is something I think happens, and the Cardinals match up as a potential partner because they need a WR. It isn't really an issue cap wise because we would be paying him about the same as we are paying Fitz. Also, I won't be shocked if the pick would be a 2021 pick vs a pick this year. The Vikings don't really NEED a pick this year and the Cardinals need all the picks they have this year.

One possibility would be the Cardinals trading the #8 pick for Stefon Diggs and the #25 pick of the Vikings. This would enable the Vikings to free up 13.5 mil in cap space by trading Diggs and cutting Riley Reiff and be in a great position to draft an OT at 8.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You may be right.

Diggs getting traded is something I think happens, and the Cardinals match up as a potential partner because they need a WR. It isn't really an issue cap wise because we would be paying him about the same as we are paying Fitz. Also, I won't be shocked if the pick would be a 2021 pick vs a pick this year. The Vikings don't really NEED a pick this year and the Cardinals need all the picks they have this year.

One possibility would be the Cardinals trading the #8 pick for Stefon Diggs and the #25 pick of the Vikings. This would enable the Vikings to free up 13.5 mil in cap space by trading Diggs and cutting Riley Reiff and be in a great position to draft an OT at 8.
I hope not.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Early predictions...

Cards trade DJ
Cards trade Reddick
Cards trade for Stefon Diggs
Cards trade for Christian McCaffrey (I had this as a long shot but no longer think it would be)

Long shots...

Cards trade for Allen Robinson
Cards trade for Geno Atkins

Why on God's green earth would Carolina do this?

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Reddick? No big deal.

Not Williams for Humphries - Williams for David Johnson - we can fit his salary if they would take David's.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I have a good source outside of the organization that has said he’s be informed by a friend inside the organization that a trade between the Big Red & another team have a trade.

He was not told most of the details by this person, pending finalization. No idea whom the teams or players/picks involved, but he said his source said its “big”. I was told it could get done in the coming days or possibly even when the new league year begins on FA kickoff.

I trust this person. Last season I was told 3 weeks before the draft they were drafting Murray #1 & shared that info with a select few. Then it happened lol :)

Let the speculation begin.

I don’t think it will happen on Wednesday but I guess it could lol
Trent Williams?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA