Jeudy or Lamb for Cards??

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m not interested in doing a poll just want thoughts on who would be a better choice for the Cards at #8 if they picked a WR; Jeudy or Lamb? I know there has been some discussion already on this buried in some of the threads but I would like to just have one focused on this question. Jeudy seems to be considered a little better by most of the draft so called experts. He is faster, has faced tougher competition and runs outstanding routes. Lamb appears to be slightly better after the catch and has strong ties with Kyler who really wants him. He could start on day one as he already knows the system as its similar to the one used in Oklahoma.
Appreciate you input on this. Many thanks.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lamb. From everything I’ve read he has better hands. He can improve route running. The chemistry is undoubtedly a plus. They say his split time ( first ten yards) was crazy fast.

I think between the two of them we are splitting hairs.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Neither, with all the comments this front office has made I don’t think they’ll even take a WR in this draft and they shouldn’t

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think Jeudy had more weapons surrounding him that made coverage tough and freed him up a lot. Ruggs alone is a luxury Lamb didn’t have to take pressure off. I think the chemistry with Murray wins out.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Jeudy had more weapons surrounding him that made coverage tough and freed him up a lot. Ruggs alone is a luxury Lamb didn’t have to take pressure off. I think the chemistry with Murray wins out.
Lamb had the luxury of playing against much worse secondaries than Jeudy did.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Why draft Judy when Cee Dee played with Murray? I don’t think we even draft a WR.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I like both, but prefer Oline.

I think Kyler's chemistry with Lamb is important. However, if Keim/Kliff feel Jeudy or Ruggs is the best WR thats who they should draft.

If Kyler is what we hope then it shouldnt matter who he played with in college. A good QB makes use of a really good WR.

Again I still prefer Oline though.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
I very slightly prefer Lamb, but think both with be successful in the NFL. Something about Lamb's ability to win in one-on-one situations that I think will translate to the pros. Jeudy's route running is top notch, and leads to him getting consistently open.

I wouldn't be disappointed with either choice.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lamb by far. You can’t put a price on a QB and WR being in sync.
Agreed. I say if he's good enough for the little guy, give him what he wants! You rolled the dice on him.. trust him. Imo of course.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Maybe I need to go watch more Jeudy tape, but none of his plays "wow" me. He's a great route runner, which I think gives him a higher floor, but Lamb just has that extra special football talent that makes me excited. Plus the chemistry can't be understated.

That said, we should probably go OL.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Maybe I need to go watch more Jeudy tape, but none of his plays "wow" me. He's a great route runner, which I think gives him a higher floor, but Lamb just has that extra special football talent that makes me excited. Plus the chemistry can't be understated.

What is wow about Jeudy is how he cuts. He shifts his hips so effortlessly. If you have paid attention to the draft over the past few decades, we literally havent seen someone as smooth as he is.

There have been several articles on this....top NFL WRs watch tape of Jeudy...his routes are that good.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
What is wow about Jeudy is how he cuts. He shifts his hips so effortlessly. If you have paid attention to the draft over the past few decades, we literally havent seen someone as smooth as he is.

There have been several articles on this....top NFL WRs watch tape of Jeudy...his routes are that good.
Trust me, I understand, but he just doesn't look like he breaks a game open the way Lamb does.

I don't want this to sound like a knock on Jeudy, he will probably end up being fantastic. Lamb just stands out more to me.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
100 percent lamb go with the wr Murray is use to will make it easier when season begins than hopefully he became fitz replacement in 1 or 2 yrs

Man already sooooo anxious for draft and fa

legend

Veteran
Reaction score
For me it's more Wirfs or Lamb. Both make sense.

Do we add the feisty receiver linked with K1 for the next ten years?
Murray to Cee Dee Lamb has a nice ring to it.

Or, bookend that front end with a talented tackle to take it to defenses . . run at will and have the protection to "launch
the crowd to their feet" strike downfield.

I think MB wants sizzle and excitement. We take Lamb.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Keim doesn't want to risk and the safest pick is lamb
We can take a good tackle in round 2

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yea, you have to.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ceedee all the way, he just has that DeAndre Hopkins WR1 vibe to him. We want a superstar here not just a supreme route running technician or speedster, it’s about intangibles, passion, and desire to be great too. After that no drafting WRs for at least 2 yrs unless in the 6th/7th lol. I think we will find a way to keep Gilbert and beef up the D in FA so won’t be necessary to cave into need hopefully.

Last edited:

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
if it has to be a WR Lamp by far, before the Combine I was already more inclined to go lamp after watching tape and now with the combine numbers, there is no way that I could argue for Jeudy.

But I would like to have Simmons more than a WR, but I could understand if we draft Lamp.

Lamp looks like a type of a WR that can grab the game and put it on it's shoulder, like Larry or Edelmann, and if Simmons isn't there (I'm not sold on any OT/OG or Brown) than go draft Lamp.