Kyler Murray is named OROY

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RG3 was the QBOF. Baker Mayfield. Carson Wentz. Jameis Winston. Marcus Mariota. All guys who started out strong and became polarizing figures for their teams.

This whole "keep pretending nothing bad can happen" schtick is boring. This is a good start for KM. He needs to, and has the capability to, keep grinding and getting better.
If you want to talk about the possibility of injuries derailing a players career and ability to perform that is one thing.

All the QB’s you mention have reasons why the took steps backwards from injuries to personal choices to circumstances beyond their control I.e. coaching changes and philosophies or devestating injuries to their supporting cast.

Of course that could happen to Kyler. In fact if it was up to you Kingsbury would be banished and Kyler would be faced with a new coach and system. Great way for him to grow, huh?

Forward ho, P.o.D.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
lol tough to actually know what their fan bases thought but of the people you listed, I only wrongly considered Baker to be the QBOF for their franchise. All the others were very much in doubt and it’s clear baker still is too.

Kyler on the other hand, I put money in him winning OROY and can confidently say he’s our QBOF because I’m not blind, deaf, or dumb.

No you are just young and don`t have a long history of seeing several QBOF flop or never fill that role.So pardon me if I take your proclamation with a grain of salt.:cheers:

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
BW is the type of guy who shows up at a funeral and says, "with respect, after they put the son of a bitch in the ground, I'm going to put a stake in the casket to make sure he never comes back."

When challenged, he responds, "what's the problem, I said 'with respect'. :D

Actually I am the easiest going person I know.:D

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
lol tough to actually know what their fan bases thought but of the people you listed, I only considered Baker to be the QBOF for their franchise. All the others were very much in doubt.

Kyler on the other hand, I put money in him winning OROY and can confidently say he’s our QBOF because I’m not blind, deaf, or dumb.
You had doubt in the other guys? Is this because you're so young? RG3 threw just as many TDs as Kyler, less INTs, ran for more yards and more TDs, won four more games, and was OROY. No one out there thought anything but him being a superstar. Wentz was nearly MVP his next year. Jameis Winston was rookie of the year and threw for more yards and TDs than Kyler, with more wins.

You may not think they were considered that, but it's only by arbitrary definitions you're setting yourself.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
If you want to talk about the possibility of injuries derailing a players career and ability to perform that is one thing.

All the QB’s you mention have reasons why the took steps backwards from injuries to personal choices to circumstances beyond their control I.e. coaching changes and philosophies or devestating injuries to their supporting cast.

Of course that could happen to Kyler. In fact if it was up to you Kingsbury would be banished and Kyler would be faced with a new coach and system. Great way for him to grow, huh?

Forward ho, P.o.D.
Injuries didn't derail Baker Mayfield. I can point out tons of other QBs who started strong and faded. I'm not firing KK today, but he wouldn't have even been here in my world, as Keim would have been fired when he deserved it. I don't think Keim and Kingsbury can put together a roster that will make KM a winner. I hope I'm wrong, we will see. I am tired of derailing these threads but being told I should agree we're great or leave is really annoying. Especially by kids who haven't been around for an entire season, much less a year.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You had doubt in the other guys? Is this because you're so young? RG3 threw just as many TDs as Kyler, less INTs, ran for more yards and more TDs, won four more games, and was OROY. No one out there thought anything but him being a superstar. Wentz was nearly MVP his next year. Jameis Winston was rookie of the year and threw for more yards and TDs than Kyler, with more wins.

You may not think they were considered that, but it's only by arbitrary definitions you're setting yourself.
anyone that’s played football at a high level (or watched it for 200 years like you and BW52 think is required for an opinion) knew RG3 didn’t have the body to accompany his playing style.

Kyler on the other hand knows he needs to protect himself and will.

As for the other guys, I had doubt because I know good football when I see it. Mariota is a coward, Winston prefers throwing INTs, Wentz has same injury issues as RG3, Baker I might be wrong on but browns imploded this year so you can’t completely write him off

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remaining skeptical just locks you into a terrible take. Kyler Murray is our QBOF and will be our starter in 2030. the entire NFL is telling you he’s our QBOF.

Please enlighten us on your threshold for accepting that he’s our QBOF... lemme guess... he needs to win us a Super Bowl next year

He doesn't have to explain his opinion. This is where people need to just leave him alone

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BW is the type of guy who shows up at a funeral and says, "with respect, after they put the son of a bitch in the ground, I'm going to put a stake in the casket to make sure he never comes back."

When challenged, he responds, "what's the problem, I said 'with respect'. :D

Uncalled for

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Injuries didn't derail Baker Mayfield. I can point out tons of other QBs who started strong and faded. I'm not firing KK today, but he wouldn't have even been here in my world, as Keim would have been fired when he deserved it. I don't think Keim and Kingsbury can put together a roster that will make KM a winner. I hope I'm wrong, we will see. I am tired of derailing these threads but being told I should agree we're great or leave is really annoying. Especially by kids who haven't been around for an entire season, much less a year.
Are you really?

Doesn’t seem like it in the slightest.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not uncalled for.

I didn’t insult, troll, or call him a derogatory term at all.

I am the one who makes that decision not you. Last time I am bringing this up. You following him around and picking fights with him is childish and boorish. Put him on ignore or leave him alone.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait so asking for someone to expand on a take is not OK here? Great board you’re running here!

He doesn't owe you an opinion. However, you can just go read one of the dozens of times he has already explained it over dozens of threads.

I am tired of this argument forever circling. It's getting flushed.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am the one who makes that decision not you. Last time I am bringing this up. You following him around and picking fights with him is childish and boorish. Put him on ignore or leave him alone.
It was a legitimate question, but alright.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He doesn't owe you an opinion. However, you can just go read one of the dozens of times he has already explained it over dozens of threads.

I am tired of this argument forever circling. It's getting flushed.
Of course he doesn’t owe me an opinion... never said he did?

Just asked what Kyler needs to do for him to think he’s QBOF... considering solar and BW seem to be the last hold outs on this board, that doesn’t seem like a crazy question for me to ask...

man, this board sure is strange

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Baker will now be going onto his 3 rd coach. You don’t think that has hurt him just a little?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bw isn't impressed

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

This was tongue in cheek and just for fun. Pure, light hearted joke. Sorry the rest of the thread fell apart after. I'll refrain from addressing BW.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
We can all agree on one thing, this award is a strong suggestion that the Cardinals might have found their franchise QB. Murray might not be 'transcendent' or great but it's also very possible he might just be good and that's enough to win with. This is our biggest success at drafting a QB in the modern age. Yeah, we can have doubts but please let's not feel like we have to will that into being due to our history haha... it's a so good so far situation which is all we can ask for and with all the holes on this team, let's concentrate our energies on arguing about more glaring problems like the long term stability of our OL and DL, ILBs and our WRs lol

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
Wow, so now this thread has devolved into Baker Mayfield is also washed up now after only two seasons? I have got to stay away from those who have expectations on QB’s that just aren’t realistic. It’s frustrating.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn