What would you give up for Derrick Rose?

What is the most you would give up for Derrick Rose?

• Okobo, Kaminsky, unconditional 2020 first

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Okobo, Kaminsky, top 5 protected first

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Okobo, Kaminsky, top 10 protected first

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Okobo, Kaminsky, multiple first round picks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Less than what is listed

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • Not interested at all

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Okobo and Kaminsky are the only players Detroit might be interested in that we would be willing to give up. The key would be the picks.

Just curious what you all are thinking. Rose is playing out of his mind right now.

Splitting the guard minutes

34--Booker
32--Rubio
30--Rose

Almost any combination of those three would be lethal. It would solve our bench scoring almost immediately and make our pf need less of an issue.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think Okobo and Kaminsky are the only players Detroit might be interested in that we would be willing to give up. The key would be the picks.

Just curious what you all are thinking. Rose is playing out of his mind right now.

Splitting the guard minutes

34--Booker
32--Rubio
30--Rose

Almost any combination of those three would be lethal. It would solve our bench scoring almost immediately and make our pf need less of an issue.

How does this make our PF need less of an issue? Having someone capable on the bench to back up Booker and Rubio does not erase the fact that we are playing 4 on 5 most of the game due to lack of a power forward.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Besides, it's the worst kept secret in the NBA that Rose is heading to the Lakers...

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
unconditional because we can only draft so well being in the 13th spot or so. No chance at a top pick. And his contract is really friendly.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
unconditional because we can only draft so well being in the 13th spot or so. No chance at a top pick. And his contract is really friendly.
I believe Detroit would say yes immediately.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
BTW, if I had to vote for one of these, it would be a Top 10 protected pick. This team will never be competitive without a power forward, and our only hope of getting one is with a Top 10 pick in this coming draft to select James Wiseman, Vernon Carey, Isaiah Stewart, Jaden McDaniels, Obi Toppin or Zeke Nnaji, and at the rate this team is going, it is pretty much certain to have a Top 10 pick in this draft.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
BTW, if I had to vote for one of these, it would be a Top 10 protected pick. This team will never be competitive without a power forward, and our only hope of getting one is with a Top 10 pick in this coming draft to select James Wiseman, Vernon Carey, Isaiah Stewart, Jaden McDaniels, Obi Toppin or Zeke Nnaji, and at the rate this team is going, it is pretty much certain to have a Top 10 pick in this draft.
Gave you the option of rejecting any trade.

Your opinion is noted.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
How does this make our PF need less of an issue? Having someone capable on the bench to back up Booker and Rubio does not erase the fact that we are playing 4 on 5 most of the game due to lack of a power forward.
And a good Power Forward is necessary to take pressure off Ayton.

Just as we needed a Point Guard to take pressure off Booker.

Only the few superstars in the League don't need that help.

We get a starting PF and all we need are backups.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Besides, it's the worst kept secret in the NBA that Rose is heading to the Lakers...
According to Lakers fans. The Suns can easily top any trade offer the Lakers make. Detroit wants picks, not Kuzma, and the Lakers are not giving up Kuzma for Rose.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Gave you the option of rejecting any trade.

Your opinion is noted.

Oh, I think the trade is worth making, if we could hang on to our Top 10 pick to finally get a much-needed power forward (and I voted that way accordingly)...but for the fact that he is all but certain to become a Laker.

EDIT: I saw you also included a choice for "less than what is listed". I would offer a Lottery protected 2020 pick that converts to top 10 protected in 2021, on the off chance we get hot later in the year and end up with a pick in the 10-14 range (where we could still get one of the power forwards). One thing is absolutely certain: This team cannot afford to go another season with the likes of Dario Saric at power forward. It will be the power forward equivalent of what happened at point guard the last two seasons before we finally filled that spot with Rubio. As a result, you can kiss Booker goodbye, and you can forget about Ayton developing properly.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
According to Lakers fans. The Suns can easily top any trade offer the Lakers make. Detroit wants picks, not Kuzma, and the Lakers are not giving up Kuzma for Rose.

But Rose doesn't want to come here...

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

And what would you do for a power forward?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

An unconditional first round pick for an often injured 31 year old Derrick Rose. No way.

There is a slight chance the Suns can move up in the lottery. Briefly played the lottery simulator at Tankathon and they landed at #3 once.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
An unconditional first round pick for an often injured 31 year old Derrick Rose. No way.

There is a slight chance the Suns can move up in the lottery. Briefly played the lottery simulator at Tankathon and they landed at #3 once.

How many tries?

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I am actually all about trading picks for real NBA players, but not for 30-somethings that have had their careers ruined by multiple injuries. No thanks. I'd give them an expiring contract for Rose, and that's about it.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Watching this game against the Pacers make me wanna sell the farm for him. Jeezus this time has nothing when Booker isn't on.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A team in our position should not even remotely consider trading away 1st round picks for older, stop gap players.
I think Rose has another 4 years of decent productivity and he has a year and a half on his present deal. I do not see how he is any more of a stop-gap than Oubre, who has the same length left on his contract.

This team needs a competent backup pg. It needs more scoring. It needs more quality veteran presence. Rose checks all those boxes.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not a proponent of trading for Derrick Rose because I don't think he would want to come here, the price would be too high and the Suns would not be able to keep him.

But take a moment and think how much better Rose would make the Suns offensively especially in pick and rolls.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Rose has another 4 years of decent productivity and he has a year and a half on his present deal. I do not see how he is any more of a stop-gap than Oubre, who has the same length left on his contract.

This team needs a competent backup pg. It needs more scoring. It needs more quality veteran presence. Rose checks all those boxes.

He is 31 years old and hasn't played a full healthy season in nearly a decade. You say he has 4 years of productivity... IMO, his next injury isn't a matter of if but when and it will likely be his last.

To me, this isn't even worthy of consideration. There is no way a team looking at a lotto pick should give up a 1st round pick for a older player with a nightmarish injury history.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rose’s contract is so friendly, 2 years at 7.5M each. Even if he goes down it’s not a crippling move.

would be great to see him take over when Booker goes out.

I’m not sure what lineup finishes the game though.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose