The Browns are a Mess - Landry Asked Cards to “Come Get Me”

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I'd go shopping on that roster, for sure.

Also, was their ever an explanation for Ndjoku being a coaches decision inactive?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Browns falling apart. Crazy how quick they went from media darlings to a total dumpster fire
That's the media. Build you up then tear you down.

Do you really want a player who wants to bail when the going gets tough? a la Peterson etc.

Landry wanted out of Miami, made that happen, now wants out of Cleveland. Beckham wanted out of Giants, made that happen, now wants out of Cleveland.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Landry is basically Christian Kirk's ceiling. Don't need two of those guys until Larry retires.

Now, ODB I'd be all over. Especially if it's true that he has been fighting through a hernia all season.

Id take both in a heartbeat. in Landrys 1st 2 seasons he had ~200 catches, ~2000 yards and 9 TDs with a bad QB.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
WR is the LAST of the Cardinals needs list...again the LAST of their needs. Even considering Landry is beyond dumb.

Cardinals need 5 O lineman and 4 D Lineman - that's 9 just to begin the list.

His contract is heavy at 13 mil, 13 mill and 15 mill for the next 3 years.

Murray needs protection from the O line, not weapons at WR.

Humphries is a free agent
Pugh - not that good
AJ Shipley - solid at pass block - absolutely worthless at Run blocking
and let's not even get into the right side of the line ....UGLY

Keim has to redo the entire O line...that's gonna be tough, but that's what happens when you don't draft O and D line.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
WR is the LAST of the Cardinals needs list...again the LAST of their needs. Even considering Landry is beyond dumb.

Pugh - not that good

Keim has to redo the entire O line...that's gonna be tough, but that's what happens when you don't draft O and D line.

I disagree, we don't have a no1 WR, Kirk is a 3 with the potential to be a 2.

Hump will likely be resigned, Pugh and Sweezy are under contract. C and RT are the only spots that will likely be addressed.

Im not disagreeing with you we need more talent on O and D line, but we also need real threats at WR.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree WR is the last of our many needs but when has anyone said they wanted to play for the Cardinals! (Suggs excluded)

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Offense still needs some attention with a big fast #1WR being a must, upgrade at RT, add another mauler inside to compete from guard to guard.

Defense is another issue. Dline needs some run stuffers, another pass rusher opposite Jones, LB’s who can run and cover. This side of the ball is easily 6-8 new guys alone.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

Pugh - not that good

Our OL does not have to be completely redone, but we need to tweak this group. We play in the West and Shipley cannot and never has been able to block a guy like Donald enough in pass protection and why Murray has no pocket at all when we play against the Rams or a stout nosetackle who can force the pocket. I would franchise Humphries while finding another in the early rounds of the draft to develop, Sweezy is a mauler/nasty type which you need on a line to establish a physical identity, Murray is a great depth guy with a possibility of decent spot work, and should hedge our bets finding a replacement for Pugh who has a history of not being available for a whole season

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
To me Kitchens was the worst hire of the off season by a mile. A guy who’s body of work as a play caller was a few weeks and it wasn’t even his playbook. They should have kept Williams and Kitchens in their season ending roles.
They should have hired Bruce Arians after he expressed interest in coaching the Browns.