CeeDee Lamb ...

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
His scouting report makes me think of Anquan Bolton, but I admittedly haven’t seen him play. How would you describe him?

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is a good player but I hope the Cards don't take a WR in the first round. IMO we really need to fix the OL and DL and there are some very good ones in the top 10.
DT Derrick Brown Auburn and OT Tristan Wirfs Iowa would be far better choices. We just drafted 3 WRs, give them a chance to produce in their 2nd year. If you want a vet sign a free agent in the off season. But fix the lines.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He is a good player but I hope the Cards don't take a WR in the first round. IMO we really need to fix the OL and DL and there are some very good ones in the top 10.
DT Derrick Brown Auburn and OT Tristan Wirfs Iowa would be far better choices. We just drafted 3 WRs, give them a chance to produce in their 2nd year. If you want a vet sign a free agent in the off season. But fix the lines.
Fix the trenches and LB situation first, that’s all. Tweak elsewhere

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This draft class is deep in WR. There are upgrades from 2/3

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Bolton?

GoT?

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Obviously if there is a dynamic lineman on the board you almost have to take him, but if we are sitting at like 10 and the best lineman on the board has like a late first grade I would be all for taking Lamb.

This offense is severely lacking in big time play makers and Lamb immediately makes a big impact in that regard.

OP
OP
Dan H

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Obviously if there is a dynamic lineman on the board you almost have to take him, but if we are sitting at like 10 and the best lineman on the board has like a late first grade I would be all for taking Lamb.

This offense is severely lacking in big time play makers and Lamb immediately makes a big impact in that regard.

My take exactly. Are there any college o-line or d-line guys ready to provide the same impact from day one that Lamb would?

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My take exactly. Are there any college o-line or d-line guys ready to provide the same impact from day one that Lamb would?
Historically WRs do not come out of the box roaring rookie year. O line the same.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
We as a franchise and fanbase need to stop looking for "day one" impact compared to "who is going to be the best down the line." Sure, CeeDee Lamb is going to be ultra-exciting and fun to watch, but he won't be part of the solution to winning games - which is protecting our young quarterback or finding a way to stop teams from running on us at will.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lamb isn’t as solidly built as Boldin. Anquan was 6’2 225 (listed) but looked thicker than that. If you are comparing YAC then yeah maybe then they are similar.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lamb is a good fit in our offense because of his RAC ability, as is Jeudy.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
We as a franchise and fanbase need to stop looking for "day one" impact compared to "who is going to be the best down the line." Sure, CeeDee Lamb is going to be ultra-exciting and fun to watch, but he won't be part of the solution to winning games - which is protecting our young quarterback or finding a way to stop teams from running on us at will.
A big play WR that can also act as a safety valve in the passing game "won't be part of the winning solution"? I agree that we should be looking for lineman first, but that doesn't mean we should just completely reach for a guy over a great WR prospect. It really depends on who is on the board when we pick or if a trade up is realistic to go get the guy we want. Otherwise it could very well be a WR that is hands down the best prospect on the board.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
A big play WR that can also act as a safety valve in the passing game "won't be part of the winning solution"? I agree that we should be looking for lineman first, but that doesn't mean we should just completely reach for a guy over a great WR prospect. It really depends on who is on the board when we pick or if a trade up is realistic to go get the guy we want. Otherwise it could very well be a WR that is hands down the best prospect on the board.
I'm never saying we should reach, but we have invested four picks on receivers in the past two years, and only one pick in the past three years on the OL before the 5th round, which a backup center. Painfully neglect the positions for flashier players, and this is what you get.

I know people think KK and KM are just supposed to magically make this work or something, but it's still the NFL and it's still won in the trenches.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Good God, we just drafted WRs in the 2nd, 4th, and 6th round last draft. We spent a 2nd rounder in 2018 on a WR. There is no way in hell we should be drafting more WRs high in the next draft. If none of these guys develop then it's on Keim for failing to identify good WRs out of college. They over drafted Isabella and thought they stole Butler in the 4th round but if he was all that some other team would have drafted him earlier. There's a reason he dropped to the fourth round. Kirk on the other hand is approaching Nikglass territory with injuries both years.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Good God, we just drafted WRs in the 2nd, 4th, and 6th round last draft. We spent a 2nd rounder in 2018 on a WR. There is no way in hell we should be drafting more WRs high in the next draft. If none of these guys develop then it's on Keim for failing to identify good WRs out of college. They over drafted Isabella and thought they stole Butler in the 4th round but if he was all that some other team would have drafted him earlier. There's a reason he dropped to the fourth round. Kirk on the other hand is approaching Nikglass territory with injuries both years.

Agreed but getting a top WR as a free agent is nearly impossible and very expensive. We don't have a true #1 WR. We have built up some nice depth now but that was necessary.

I am still BPA...we have reached for need too many times and been burnt.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don’t disrespect Kirk by comparing him to Nikglass. Kirk at least has produced.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave