Talk about laughable

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
#21 nominated a finalist on the 100 greatest players of ALL TIME at his position? Lol

I’m sorry but that’s comical imo. Roger Wehrli was a better ALL AROUND player.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don’t know how Peterson made it over Sherman & Ty Law.
I didn't look at the whole list. I agree with you on Ty Law. Sherman..........although I have never cared much for the dude, he was talented. Still is at a much older age. That being said, he played more zone in Seattle & didn't always have to trail the opposing team's #1 WR. Peterson always did.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don’t know how Peterson made it over Sherman & Ty Law.

I'd take Peterson over Sherman.

Sherman is partially good because of the system he plays in. I'm not saying that it's all the system, but I dont think he would have ever been able to move around the field and cover like the all time best.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Could be argued those guys were more scheme based and Pat was more naturally talented (he did make 8 pro bowls)

However, ...yea...
Could also say that Sherman made the scheme better than what it was.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd take Peterson over Sherman.

Sherman is partially good because of the system he plays in. I'm not saying that it's all the system, but I dont think he would have ever been able to move around the field and cover like the all time best.
I can’t think of too many WRs that had their way with Sherman.

I can think of a good amount of WRs that had their way with Peterson.

Even after an Achilles tear, Sherman is still playing better than Peterson.

Peterson has always been overrated to me until 2015 where he was actually playing at an elite level.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Then I question how long has he gotten away with using PEDs.
Or its that he's almost 30 and now needs to switch safety...

Charles Woodson switched to safety and it extended his career and continued to play at a high level.

OP
OP
Buckybird

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Yep

Here’s the way I think of it. You can have 2-3 great years. You don’t belong with the best that’s ever played the game unless your able to do that around 10 years or more. That’s what separates you from being average to good to great. That’s when you’re in elite status imo. The best of the best!!!

I don’t think #21 is in that category by a long shot. In fact I think it’s an embarrassment to many other DBs who wear & are better players, particularly all around players. As you say Sherman & Law have had better careers.

I can’t think of too many WRs that had their way with Sherman.

I can think of a good amount of WRs that had their way with Peterson.

Even after an Achilles tear, Sherman is still playing better than Peterson.

Peterson has always been overrated to me until 2015 where he was actually playing at an elite level.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh god.

come on now he’s been top 3 at his position for damn near a decade. Is he slowing down yeah looks like but now we just forget that’s he’s been the best man corner in the game forever.

you do realized during the TB and Horton era we were always among the league leaders in blizting leaving him alone on an island. You know how hard that is and how much we’ve asked of him? Now he was always a bum huh.

Sherman? Come on now he was the 3rd most important player in that secondary. He’s a scheme guy.

stop it lol.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Other than Deion name 1 guy who didn’t tackle? Now #21 impersonates the same style? I’m sorry but before Deion, you didn’t play in this league without hitting someone!

dude Sanders made his debut 30 years ago. To try and compare the game now to the game is the 80s is laughable. So would you consider Tom Brady less than because of all the rules to protect QB’s?

the league has put in rules to make it a more finesse game. Hell the league has flat out made Corner a non physical position they practice with tennis balls on there gloves to get used to not holding. Your not even allowed to touch WR anymore.

you can’t keep saying well back in the day cause it’s not back in the day. This is 2019

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yep. Some of you guys are insane, and confused with recency bias.

Peterson is one of the greatest players of his generation. (No, not this past year).
One of the best cover corners of all time, and certainly the second best player this century for the Cardinals. The one defensive player our opponents always had to account for, and still he stopped them.

Ask anyone who had to play against him. All decade team without question, and should be mentioned in the top 100 discussion.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
People just forget, or choose to ignore, how good Peterson has been. He's likely a first ballot HOF'er.
True, but it’s very hard to ignore his past 2 1/2 three years later in AZ and not be tired of the show.

Dingding

Veteran
Reaction score

Charles Woodson switched to safety and it extended his career and continued to play at a high level.

I don't know.... Woodson moved to safety at the age of 36. During Woodson's years at corner he averaged 63.2 tackles (before becoming a safety). Peterson has only averaged 36.5 tackles over his non-suspended career years at corner... and hasn't shown much desire to tackle. Can Peterson swallow his pride enough to recognize his faults, change his play style, and move to safety?

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Charles Woodson wasn’t dumb though and had no hesitation in regards to tackling...

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know.... Woodson moved to safety at the age of 36. During Woodson's years at corner he averaged 63.2 tackles (before becoming a safety). Peterson has only averaged 36.5 tackles over his non-suspended career years at corner... and hasn't shown much desire to tackle. Can Peterson swallow his pride enough to recognize his faults, change his play style, and move to safety?
Peterson is a big **** when it comes to tackling but he also had less tackling to do because he was a much better corner than Woodson...

Last edited: