Cardinals to Attend Kaepernick Workout

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure it was a NFL mandate for some teams to agree to show up for PR reasons
Yup. All of 8 teams showed up.

Is it true Colin wore a "slavery" themed Tee shirt to wok out?

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What does him being a piece of **** have to do with him having a tinge of knowledge as to what it’s like being a black man in America lol?

Simply because much of the outrage had to do with his race. That's facts cardsfanmd. There were a lot of people that DID understand the reason why he protested, but the lowlifes who were already scum of the earth put forth a ton of faux outrage, and made it a point to aim for the low hanging fruit. Again, I will pose the question to you and any one else. What exactly makes him a p.o.s? I'm not infringing on anyone's' right to dislike him, but there have been some downright ugly things said and done as a result of all of this, and I just don't get it.

Last edited:

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Simply because much of the outrage had to do with his race. That's facts cardsfanmd. There were a lot of people that DID understand the reason why he protested, but the lowlifes who were already scum of the earth put forth a ton of faux outrage, and made it a point to aim for the low hanging fruit. Again, I will pose the question to you and any one else. What exactly makes him a p.o.s?
Is there a philosophical difference between , but the lowlifes who were already scum of the earth put forth a ton of faux outrage, and P O S?

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Simply because much of the outrage had to do with his race. That's facts cardsfanmd. There were a lot of people that DID understand the reason why he protested, but the lowlifes who were already scum of the earth put forth a ton of faux outrage, and made it a point to aim for the low hanging fruit. Again, I will pose the question to you and any one else. What exactly makes him a p.o.s?
Is there a philosophical difference between , but the lowlifes who were already scum of the earth put forth a ton of faux outrage, and P O S?

Southpaw, I'm not sure what you're asking, but my uneasiness comes from the fact that far too many people were comfortable spewing vitriol and hatred for a man that did not deserve it. He didn't hurt anyone, or do anything that was against the law, but in many pockets of America, he was looked upon as public enemy number 1, and an affront to people's ability to enjoy NFL football. Again, I just don't get it, but I'm always willing to shut up an listen to a dissenting opinion.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Southpaw, I'm not sure what you're asking, but my uneasiness comes from the fact that far too many people were comfortable spewing vitriol and hatred for a man that did not deserve it. He didn't hurt anyone, or do anything that was against the law, but in many pockets of America, he was looked upon as public enemy number 1, and an affront to people's ability to enjoy NFL football. Again, I just don't get it, but I'm always willing to shut up an listen to a dissenting opinion.

My sarcastic point was that I take care , maybe too much, in not stereotyping or labeling people and I thought it ironic that in your post you labeled people as you did for labeling C K a P O S. Nothing personal to you intended.

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If I used my employers platform to protest, I would not be an employee very long.

In the game, pre game the same thing, off the field it's his own business and I can see his point

THIS!
My "sports experience " begins when I enter the turnstile and ends when I exit the stadium. He is/was an employee...if he wants to make a statement, do it on his own time...not time that I have a financial interest in. I am NOT saying he doesn't have a legitimate issue with what goes on in society...like religion, dont force it upon others.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My sarcastic point was that I take care , maybe too much, in not stereotyping or labeling people and I thought it ironic that in your post you labeled people as you did for labeling C K a P O S. Nothing personal to you intended.

Understood! I kind of though that. I may have used slightly harsh language in painting racists as scum of the Earth, but that was the group I was moreso concerned about, not those that just simply don't like him or consider him a P.O.S. All good my brother!

Son of RedRage

All Star
Reaction score
Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)
11/17/19, 8:25 AM
The eight teams that attended Colin Kaepernick’s workout Saturday in the Atlanta area:

KC
Jets
Philadelphia
Tennessee
Buffalo
SF
Washington
Detroit
Very surprised to see that the Bears aren't on the list. They're a good QB away from being successful. Sticking w/ Trubisky and Daniel is a suicide pact.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s not like it’s your time being wasted. Do we even know if it is even a high up person in the organization that is attending?
Whole thing struck me as a bit weird also.

I mean - the NFL makes a big deal about holding the try outs & yet does an incomplete publicity job - like making clear who did or didn't attend.

It had CYA written all over it.

Regarding the flag issue in general, I think there are still a lot of people - on both sides - refighting the Viet Nam war. Go figure.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
THIS!
My "sports experience " begins when I enter the turnstile and ends when I exit the stadium. He is/was an employee...if he wants to make a statement, do it on his own time...not time that I have a financial interest in. I am NOT saying he doesn't have a legitimate issue with what goes on in society...like religion, dont force it upon others.

gamebird, I hear you but let me ask, does a man or two kneeling really detract from your sports experience? It's peaceful protest that he's engaging in. Why does that cause you grief? I don't see the harm in someone on a knee on the sideline while the anthem plays. It's a personal decision which I can't grasp why it causes so much angst. Your financial interest hinges on your thoughts on the anthem I'm guessing, but would that cause you to stay away from the game because of him kneeling? I'm really just trying to understand. How is it being "forced" upon others?

Last edited:

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well, I think this has turned into something more than a sports related topic. It has, imo, become laced with political and racial overtones.
I think/hope the moderators would shut it down, or at least move it to the p and r forum.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I think this has turned into something more than a sports related topic. It has, imo, become laced with political and racial overtones.
I think/hope the moderators would shut it down, or at least move it to the p and r forum.

Well you just added to the overtones you dislike. 15 yards piling on.

You must be registered for see images attach

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Why did the NFL wait till the last minute to have Kap sign the liability form...which is the cause of this whole thing.
The NFL changed some of the typical workout liability form language ...they shouldn't have IMO.
The NFL also should just require all players trying out to have their own insurance thus negating any and all liability for the NFL.

I'm speculating they didn't think Kap would have an attorney there to read it...he did and he was right not to sign it.
They should have done it a month ago

Moving his workout to the high school was a joke for everyone involved

After reading everything and I mean everything on this topic the blame is 100% on the NFL.
1- The NFL sent Kap the contract just before the workout....not days or weeks ahead like they could have
2. They did not think Kap would have an attorney read the contract so close to the scheduled work out...he did. The attorney caught the switcharoo the NFL did in the contract and advised (properly) Kap to not sign it.

It was VERY unlikely Kap would get hurt anyway - but a small liability form -sure
It was also very unlikely Kap would get a job out of it -

the NFL is making a martyr out of Kap ...and I'm starting to see why Kap fights back

Kap was also just looking for a publicity stunt

1- wearing a Kunta Kente shirt
2- having a ton of people there wearing 'i stand with Kaepernick' shirts

These are things you do if you don't really want a job.

This whole thing is watching two dummies in a multi million dollar fight. If this wasn't the NFL and a player ....no one and I mean No ONE would give a damn about how dumb both of them are.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
gamebird, I hear you but let me ask, does a man or two kneeling really detract from your sports experience? It's peaceful protest that he's engaging in. Why does that cause you grief? I don't see the harm in someone on a knee on the sideline while the anthem plays. It's a personal decision which I can't grasp why it causes so much angst. Your financial interest hinges on your thoughts on the anthem I'm guessing, but would that cause you to stay away from the game because of him kneeling? I'm really just trying to understand. How is it being "forced" upon others?

yeah I mean have you been to a game? When the anthem is playing people are in line getting food, eating, drinking, talking let’s not act like all that doesn’t go on during the anthem.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
yeah I mean have you been to a game? When the anthem is playing people are in line getting food, eating, drinking, talking let’s not act like all that doesn’t go on during the anthem.

Finito facts! I was thinking the same thing. I was at a Phillies game last summer. Talking on phones, no removal of hats, people walking the concourse like nothing's happening. It was pretty alarming given that the narrative would be that everyone's at rapt attention to the anthem rendition.

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I go to games by my own choice...if this is done in my presence, it is "forced" upon me. If he chooses to kneel in front of his house or has a parade I would chose NOT to go and see that..thus, NOT forced" upon me.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I go to games by my own choice...if this is done in my presence, it is "forced" upon me. If he chooses to kneel in front of his house or has a parade I would chose NOT to go and see that..thus, NOT forced" upon me.
As I said in a previous reply... the National Anthem, the support of the troops, the requests to donate to various causes... these are things that aren't "forced" upon you? None of them have a single thing to do with the game you're watching.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As I said in a previous reply... the National Anthem, the support of the troops, the requests to donate to various causes... these are things that aren't "forced" upon you? None of them have a single thing to do with the game you're watching.

Aaaaaand checkmate.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave