For the old guys...

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

THEY SHOULD NEVER HAVE SCREWED UP THE NFC/AFC AND CONFERENCE ALLOCATION. Teams are up the wrong conference and division. I mean, I hate the Seahawks, but they got pounded on by the Chiefs and Broncos for years. Realignment and expansion was a disaster

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
IIRC Roy Green was drafted as a DB by the Cards and Steve Largent was drafted and cut by the Cowpies.
Remember Roy Green started out wearing #25? DB first is why, you're 100% correct. They let him wear #25 for the rest of the season, when they decided he would be a full time WR, he switched to #81. I have an authentic Mcgregor (sp) Roy Green #81 jersey at home. They made our jerseys back then. Russell Athletic took over in the mid 90's.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
IIRC Roy Green was drafted as a DB by the Cards and Steve Largent was drafted and cut by the Cowpies.

Yes, Roy was initially a DB. I also think that during his conversion to WR, there was a year when he actually played both ways.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
I remember this game! I had to watch another game for updates as, unlike today, you had no other option of seeing un-televised games. After the game went final I went to play a pick up game of touch football and the only Seahawk fan I knew was there; I rubbed it in a bit, I admit. He drowned back in 2000, RIP Todd.

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yes, Roy was initially a DB. I also think that during his conversion to WR, there was a year when he actually played both ways.

All True , Roy Green was Neon Dion before Sanders was Neon Dion , if the down and distance called for 5 DB's , RG was in there . No doubt he was as important then as Fitz is today.

n

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Love that logo, that is one of the main reasons I started liking them back in 1976. Broke my heart when they changed it at first. Gradually got to like the new one as much if not more.

Cardsfaninlouky, me too! I started watching in 77. Loved the logo and Jim Hart. Never let it go!

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cardsfaninlouky, me too! I started watching in 77. Loved the logo and Jim Hart. Never let it go!
With all the team's wearing throwback unis these days, I can't wait till the Cardinals decide to bring back the old unis. If they ever do? Either the ones from St.Louis or when they got to Arizona & put the state flag logo on the white jerseys? I even liked the red pants they broke out around 1990 or so, when Tim Rosenbach was the QB. They had the same stripes down the legs as the white pants. If I could change anything about the new logo? It would be to bring the points on the red feathers out a little further to the black trim. I feel like there's too big of a gap between each of the 3 feather points. I've also wondered, since they changed it, how would the helmets look with the same 3 striped pattern just like the old pants (red in the middle & 2 black stripes on each side) down the center of the helmet? With Cardinal red facemasks. If that helmet style looked ok, maybe bring back the old style unis with a more modern look? I'm a traditionalist when it comes to uniforms, when they find one that works, keep it. I hate changing up, not that the Cardinals change that often lol. I've heard some people from Arizona say that the old bird logo looked too much like a parrot lol. I never thought that, I thought that logo was perfect. Loved Jim Hart also but by the time I started watching them play in 1976, he was almost too old. He was drafted by the Cardinals in the 60's, 64-66 I think? He was pretty much done by 1979 & 2 yrs later Neil Lomax was drafted, loved that dude. We would've made the playoffs our first yr in the desert had he not gotten hurt? He just took too many sacks in St.Louis on that hard ass Busch Stadium astro turf, his hip couldn't take it any longer.

Last edited:

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Hey.... I'm not old yet :)

One reason I liked BA and Carson Palmer was seeing deep rainbows again. That's a real lost art dropping it in from 30 plus.

When they hit it in stride nothing prettier.