Cord Cutters

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This news sucks, I am contemplating dumping DirecTV when my contract is up and Vue seemed like a really good option for me.

I actually loved Vue. Again, my problem was they kept jacking up the price without adding new content or features. That's when I jumped shipped.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone looking at disney+? I think its coming out soon. havent been paying much attention to it

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Sony's PS VUE Shutting down. It's a shame. Honestly one of my favorite services until they started jacking up the price constantly. I liked the interface and the DVR options. Some articles I have read are questioning why Sony isn't selling it off verses shutting it down.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/29/20938533/sony-playstation-vue-live-tv-streaming-shutdown

Yeah this is a major bummer. I love their dvr setup. I’ve looked into youtube tv as an alternative. Only problem is they don’t have redzone. If I have time I like watching redzone while waiting for the Cards game to start.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man.

I just went through the launch lineup with disney+. Comes out november 12th. Holy crap. What a service. Probably will need its own thread.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Man.

I just went through the launch lineup with disney+. Comes out november 12th. Holy crap. What a service. Probably will need its own thread.
Disney owns Hulu now so they'll also be offering bundles with Disney Plus, Hulu & ESPN.

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dumped DISH after they flubbed HBO and CBS. I have been using YouTube TV for about two months and am pretty satisfied with it. It has the channels I want and the price is about 40% of what I was paying for DISH.

I get occasional buffering, but that's not been a big deal for me.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Dumped DISH after they flubbed HBO and CBS. I have been using YouTube TV for about two months and am pretty satisfied with it. It has the channels I want and the price is about 40% of what I was paying for DISH.

I get occasional buffering, but that's not been a big deal for me.
Well that’s good to hear. I don’t mind buffering, as I don’t often watch anything not dvr’d.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Well that’s good to hear. I don’t mind buffering, as I don’t often watch anything not dvr’d.
Shows that are “DVRd” on Youtubetv are still streamed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I recently dumped Sling after they lost Fox Sports AZ. I've since signed up with YouTube TV and split the cost with a friend.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you guys checked out PlutoTV? It is a free app for iOS/Android/PS4 at the very least. It has hundreds of 'channels' where you can watch TV. Don't think of it like regular channels. They have a Forensic Files channel where they show Forensic Files 24 hours a day. They have dozens of these types of channels. They also have about 100 movie channels as well. Channels for news, sports, music, etc.

I find myself watching it quite a bit, especially since it is free.

Skratchy_Seal

Registered
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I received a notice from AT&T TV Now (DirecTV Now) that my subscription cost will increase to $60 per month starting in December. I've had the same package, and it was $35 per month not so long ago. I should've cut them out a while back. I guess I'll do it now.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I recently dumped Sling after they lost Fox Sports AZ. I've since signed up with YouTube TV and split the cost with a friend.
Still enjoying YouTube TV? No issues with FSAZ and Suns games? I'm probably going that route after Vue shuts down next month. Sticking around to finish the NFL season because of Redzone on Vue.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Still enjoying YouTube TV? No issues with FSAZ and Suns games? I'm probably going that route after Vue shuts down next month. Sticking around to finish the NFL season because of Redzone on Vue.
YouTube TV has all FSAZ Suns and D-backs. Best stream quality, awesome unlimited DVR, great on demand content, and a killer mobile app. If you liked Vue you will LOVE YouTube TV

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
YouTube TV has all FSAZ Suns and D-backs. Best stream quality, awesome unlimited DVR, great on demand content, and a killer mobile app. If you liked Vue you will LOVE YouTube TV
Sweet. I'm looking forward to the mobile app too. I just started getting into that. It's neat to walk around the house getting stuff done while having the TV going on your phone.

Also, I couldn't imagine going back to the DTV style DVR with limited space. That's living like a savage! :)

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

No problems. It's been working great.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I tried. Just cannot do it based on what I want and the Mrs wants. It would be more than I pay now.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Did somebody already explain how YouTube TV is $50 but you can share it with 5 friends.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did somebody already explain how YouTube TV is $50 but you can share it with 5 friends.

Despite being able to family share with up to 5 people, you only get 3 streams so the most you could split would be 3 without risking bumping someone off.

The unique thing about family sharing is that it's tied to their own Google profile so they get their own DVR and settings.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Huge soccer fan here and I have loved FuboTV for a while. Has some 4k options and does a ton of regular channels. Have Fubo, Hulu, Netflix, & Dis+. All are nice. Use friends DTV logins for Sho, HBO, and other individual channel apps and gave him a profile on Netflix, Hulu and Dis+.

Big fan of:
Amazon Fire Cube
Apple TV 4k

Not a fan of any sticks or in-tv apps/options as they are just too glitchy, & slow.

Have an old Roku XL for my old gaming system tv (red, yellow, white) and an Express for another.

Have a 2nd gen fire tv for my bedroom, the Apple TV 4k in the man cave, and the cube in the living room.

Apple TV is the best in the house. Cube is almost just as good. But doesn't have my full iTunes library. Movies anywhere gets most of it though.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have Apple TV 2 now and IMO is the best quality wise. Also have Fire TV and Fire Stick. Not a big fan of the sticks and Amazon treats their interface like an advertisement hub. About to purchase a 4K Roku for our bedroom. Eventually will transition all devices to one device type but wanted to test them all out first.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Have Apple TV 2 now and IMO is the best quality wise. Also have Fire TV and Fire Stick. Not a big fan of the sticks and Amazon treats their interface like an advertisement hub. About to purchase a 4K Roku for our bedroom. Eventually will transition all devices to one device type but wanted to test them all out first.
Does the 4k Roku still have a fan? You may want to check up on that before you choose it due to the small but persistent noise it creates. Especially if the watcher is using earbuds.

Also.... I would recommend not choosing one style. For example, Apple TV 4k was best for the Masters. Unbelievable quality. But the US Open was better on the Fire Cube.

Some apps are better than others and some providers and apps only work with certain streamers.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose