Kyler Murray Stat Line vs. Giants

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
14/21 (66%) for 104 yards. 0 TDs O INTs

10 rushes for 28 yards (2.8 per)

Hmmmm... Pretty sure this was his least productive game so far.

Guess we didn't need him to make so many plays? Didn't seem like he made a lot of bad throws.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I was very disappointed in KK's insistence in being ultra conservative. Once the Giants realized that all we wanted to do was hand the ball off to Chase, the holes evaporated. It's not like we were playing in the mud. There is NEVER a time to not utilize everything that Murray has to offer. Our offense slowed to a trickle once we became predictable. Bad, bad, bad on KK's part. But, we did win. So, I'll live with it for now.

OP
OP
Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Are you aware that they played a majority of the game in a rainstorm?

That's a very good point az jam. I'm sure it affected the passing game.

And Murray did make a few big throws to convert 3rd downs, early in the game, when we built the big lead.

But, there was also the big sack that led to the blocked punt. Eh.. I just didn't think he had a very good game today.

Last edited:

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was very disappointed in KK's insistence in being ultra conservative. Once the Giants realized that all we wanted to do was hand the ball off to Chase, the holes evaporated. It's not like we were playing in the mud. There is NEVER a time to not utilize everything that Murray has to offer. Our offense slowed to a trickle once we became predictable. Bad, bad, bad on KK's part. But, we did win. So, I'll live with it for now.
It was painful.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
KK seems to be very conservative when he is presented with something new. KK early on in the year he would kick FG's in short to gain situations. Now...... He seemed to tighten up in the rain.

If our kid has it..... He has to trust in his ability.

Plus, Kyler handed off in a couple spots where keeping it would have meant a significant gain. He choked up as well.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
KK seems to be very conservative when he is presented with something new. KK early on in the year he would kick FG's in short to gain situations. Now...... He seemed to tighten up in the rain.

If our kid has it..... He has to trust in his ability.

Plus, Kyler handed off in a couple spots where keeping it would have meant a significant gain. He choked up as well.

Did you watch the Ravens today? IN the 2nd half, on 4th & 2 in the redzone, Harbaugh was initially sending out the FG team in a 13-13 game. Jackson wanted nothing to do with that. He told Harbaugh he would get the 2 damn yards. He scored on the play & the Ravens never looked back.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's a very good point az jam. I'm sure the affected the passing game.

And Murray did make a few big throws to convert 3rd downs, early in the game, when we built the big lead.

But, there was also the big sack that led to the blocked punt. Eh.. I just didn't think he had a very good game today.
Considering the conditions of the game.. glad our d was able to step up and help out late in a game for once.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Still...... oooof

I find it amazing that Jones had a better QB Rating but a lower QBR.
That first half Kyler was automatic on 3rd downs. That boosts the QBR quite a bit.

He also only had 1 negative play (QBR wouldn't count the out of bounds play against him)
(which makes even more remarkable we didn't try to get some kind of passing game going)

He probably was on his way to a very high QBR game if not for the rain/play calling. Jones had a better 2nd half in terms of the eye test. Simply because we were just waiting until the clocks hit zero.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Look..... On one hand you have to be happy with a 10am victory in New York.

On the other hand you have to temper that with how KK called plays, our inability to play in the rain, and the complete ineptitude of the team we played.

In the end, an ugly win is better than a beautiful loss.

Smile on the plane going home guys, but also use the time to fix your mistakes because we have a super tough game next week at (you guessed it) 10am.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Look..... On one hand you have to be happy with a 10am victory in New York.

On the other hand you have to temper that with how KK called plays, our inability to play in the rain, and the complete ineptitude of the team we played.

In the end, an ugly win is better than a beautiful loss.

Smile on the plane going home guys, but also use the time to fix your mistakes because we have a super tough game next week at (you guessed it) 10am.

Yea just wish me had that dominant win to carry momentum into Saints week. Now I'm worried about Kliff possibly getting spooked by Payton and that crowd. 4th and short in the redzone are we kicking fgs or going for TDs?

I think Kliff is a guy who gains confidence if the QB is taking charge. He saw the tipped pass against the Falcons at the end half. Got spooked. He saw Chase drop a pass, Kyler throw a pass that slipped out of his hand...got spooked.

The better Kyler plays I think the better Kliff will call plays.

Going forward Kyler is going to have to be better on when to keep on those read options. And hopefully he'll get to the point where he'd audible out of some of these play calls from Kliff and put us in favorable positions (The great ones do it)

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We’ve probably had the easiest first half schedule. Not bad for a rookie QB/HC.
I just wish we had our red zone issues sorted out against the Lions/Ravens.

Would be 5-2 right now.

Rookie mistake, but Kliff should have took the preseason seriously.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anybody realize how many games the Seahawks have won when Wilson was 14 of 19 for 146 yards?

Do what you have to do to win. Funny when we were throwing the ball all over the place and losing we were saying we had to run the ball more. Now we win, run the bell more and there are some griping about the play calling and lack of passing.

I’m confused.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA