Kudos to the OLine

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
#71 is coming along at RT, didn't hear his name at all today. Maybe we found our swing OT of the future

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
#71 is coming along at RT, didn't hear his name at all today. Maybe we found our swing OT of the future

The other Murray. Yes the o-line looked good and Shipley played as well as I have seen. Keep DJ Humphries. The franchise needs to focus on fixing the defense

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sweezy and Pugh have been outstanding in particular. And, did anyone else notice how we are pulling effing Shipley on these sweeps and he is getting good blocks?

Maybe Kugler is that good?

It's probably a combination of things - but when is the last time we had the same 5 guys playing the first 7 games? Something to be said for continuity and "gelling".

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It wouldn't be my first choice, but Murray does have a decent athletic profile. 6'5. 300+. 9ft 8inch broad jump. sub 5 40yrd dash.
Plus won't he be some sort of restricted FA, that can be had cheap?

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sweezy and Pugh have been outstanding in particular. And, did anyone else notice how we are pulling effing Shipley on these sweeps and he is getting good blocks?

Maybe Kugler is that good?

Air raid with a power run game. A great mix, keeps the defense running left and right all day. Keep switching WRs in and out and you'll be fresher than the defense in the 4th quarter.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I told a lot of my Philly friends that if we stayed healthy, we would be ok. I think we may be a middle 10 unit in the NFL now.

Scheme, coaching, and health. All going our way right now.

With that being said: :stick:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To be honest I have no idea what is going on, I cannot believe our group of lineman are playing this well.

I do think some of it is the level of competition they have gone against the last 3 weeks, but even so their performance has been amazing.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yes, staying injury free matters the most. I’ll give the OL their due, as they have been better......but. Once KK became predictable in the weather, our offense became stagnant. It certainly didn’t help that we were missing Johnson & Kirk. Let’s also not kid ourselves. Even though K1 ran himself into a sack yesterday, his mobility saves this OL about 3-4 would be sacks every week. We’ll see how they do against the Saints next week before we crown them. Don’t get me wrong. Against the Saints, no one can expect perfection. But KK better be craftier than he was yesterday. Or it’ll be a very long afternoon. That Saints D is very, very good.

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Amazing what continuity can do. Great job.

As well as availability... Who made up our starting OL last year while Shipley, Pugh, Iupati, and Humphries were on IR?

On one particular week it was Cunningham, Gossett, Cole, Aboushi, and Holden. Have any of them started a game this year, for any team?

Total snap counts for 2019:

Korey Cunningham: 60 for the Patriots
Colby Gossett: 0. Browns practice squad player
Mason Cole: 3
Oday Aboushi: 0. Backup for Detroit
Will Holden: 0. 49ers practice squad player

I'm not one to use the expression that "It can't get worse" but in the case of the 2018 Cardinals OL, that is indeed a fact. They've held up well thus far, and have looked good against the NFL's version of the sisters of the poor. The next five games will be a great test to see what we've really got. They've had half a season to gel. Should give Keim and Co. the data they need to start making decisions towards next years roster.

Go Cards!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose