OT- Around the NFL 2019-20

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Cracks me up on espn complaining about the first hands to the face call against Detroit - there is a right cross to the face mask - prior to the left hand hold they keep harping about.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d love to see the NFL play a preseason game with no replays. Also do not show any replays in slow motion.

I think we would be shocked how much smother the game would be. I don’t blame the officials as much as I blame replay.

We are asking refs to be perfect while watching flying bullets and then we and the media gets to rip them when replay slows the play frame by frame.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet

·
1m

#Lions President Rod Wood tells us he has discussed the calls from Monday with a variety of people at the league. He appreciates it. “We’re going to continue to work with them to make sure officiating isn’t a problem going forward. Hopefully it’ll improve as the season goes on.”

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Jim Wyatt
@jwyattsports

@Titans
name Ryan Tannehill starting QB vs.
@Chargers

STORY titanup.co/8Nh1PB
It’s not all Mariota’s fault he’s struggling. 3 offensive coordinators in 4 years, horrible o-line, and horrible coaching led to this. Verabal is not an offensive coach. But he did look lethargic out their and held the ball to long. It was like he was moving in slow motion ala David Johnson

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
10/17/19, 7:21 AM
Sources: The #Dolphins have had trade conversations with teams centered around RB Kenyan Drake, and the team has indicated they would trade him if the right offer presented itself. Drake, who has had no extension talks with Miami since camp, would welcome a new opportunity.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero)
10/17/19, 6:11 AM
A couple contract updates:

#Patriots TE Ben Watson’s new, prorated one-year deal is worth $800K fully guaranteed, plus $140K in incentives. (They’d already paid him $686,469 on old deal.)

#Jets DT Steve McLendon’s one-year extension is worth $3M, with $1.65M in new guarantees.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It’s not all Mariota’s fault he’s struggling. 3 offensive coordinators in 4 years, horrible o-line, and horrible coaching led to this. Verabal is not an offensive coach. But he did look lethargic out their and held the ball to long. It was like he was moving in slow motion ala David Johnson
Are you talking about Josh Rosen or Marcus Mariota?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

He hasn't stepped up. Watch Murray as a rookie and then go watch Mariota.

I liked Mariota coming out, but it was more his running ability. When he tries to just be a pocket passer, he is a very average QB. Average QBs don't win consistently in the NFL.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
They are very similar situations.

This was your statement...
It’s not all Mariota’s fault he’s struggling. 3 offensive coordinators in 4 years, horrible o-line, and horrible coaching led to this. Verabal is not an offensive coach.

This could be your statement if you replaced Mariota with Rosen...
It's not all Rosen's fault he is struggling. 3 offensive coordinators in 4 years, horrible o-line, and horrible coaching led to this. Wilks & Flores are not offensive coaches.

This is not intended to initiate another Rosen/Murray conversation. But, it is too highlight the similarities between these two QBs who have not lived up to expectations.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They are very similar situations.

This was your statement...
It’s not all Mariota’s fault he’s struggling. 3 offensive coordinators in 4 years, horrible o-line, and horrible coaching led to this. Verabal is not an offensive coach.

This could be your statement if you replaced Mariota with Rosen...
It's not all Rosen's fault he is struggling. 3 offensive coordinators in 4 years, horrible o-line, and horrible coaching led to this. Wilks & Flores are not offensive coaches.

This is not intended to initiate another Rosen/Murray conversation. But, it is too highlight the similarities between these two QBs who have not lived up to expectations.
I would actually be on board with Mariota to backup Kyler.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would actually be on board with Mariota to backup Kyler.
Ehh. I think he would have that starters mentality as a backup. I think that can be toxic overall to that room ..so guys like hundley help keep the balance. :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose