Encouraging Kyler Murray Trends

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I think a step forward this game was finding the receiver in the space between underneath and deep help

since Carolina, teams (by nature, or, for the Cards) have been playing the bend but don't break game, keeping everything in front of them.

you make them pay for that by running the ball (check) and hitting some 15 yard throws in that middle space.

Prior games-- K1 seemed content to stay completely underneath with a bunch of 5-7 yard completions.

Dann Quinn is an old Seattle D coordinator, so I guess expect lots of two deep -- but they changed D coordinators, so who knows

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Ive been neutral on Murray since the draft lead up but there is no denying the kid has played well when you take everything into consideration. He’s a rook and he’ll make some mistakes and play terribly at times but that’s expected.

Rottweiler

Reaction score
He was throwing the ball away instead of taking chances or eating a sack.

He was off target early but settled down.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
league leaders in bad passes
Jared Goff 33
Murray 30
Deshaun Watson 27
Carson Wentz 25
Tom Brady 24
Andy Dalton 24
Stafford 23
Josh Allen 22
Pat Mahomes 22
Jameis Winston 21

Drops
Wentz 10
Mariota 7
Goff 7
Dalton 6
Rosen 6
Mayfield 5
Murray 4
Cousins 4
Josh Allen 4
Trubinsky 4

Reaction score
Jared Goff 33
Murray 30
Deshaun Watson 27
Carson Wentz 25
Tom Brady 24
Andy Dalton 24
Stafford 23
Josh Allen 22
Pat Mahomes 22
Jameis Winston 21

Drops
Wentz 10
Mariota 7
Goff 7
Dalton 6
Rosen 6
Mayfield 5
Murray 4
Cousins 4
Josh Allen 4
Trubinsky 4

Weird he's the only rookie in that list.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The tweaks and improvements game over game are probably the most exciting thing about Kyler. He is very obviously learning and adjusting which bodes well for the future of he stays on that path.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jared Goff 33
Murray 30
Deshaun Watson 27
Carson Wentz 25
Tom Brady 24
Andy Dalton 24
Stafford 23
Josh Allen 22
Pat Mahomes 22
Jameis Winston 21

Drops
Wentz 10
Mariota 7
Goff 7
Dalton 6
Rosen 6
Mayfield 5
Murray 4
Cousins 4
Josh Allen 4
Trubinsky 4

Makes sense because he is throwing a ton and has played like straight crap for probably 6 quarters

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Makes sense because he is throwing a ton and has played like straight crap for probably 6 quarters

It makes sense because logic predicted he would look really good and really bad at times the most logical outcome a month into.his rookie year. The ideas that he was either going to light it up, or totally suck, were both far less likely. Now, here we are 5 games into his first season and neither the hypers or the haters know exactly what to say as to how will go from here onstarting with the game in Sunday.

It is what it is. Let's enjoy the ride. I dont know what will happen next but it's going to be entertaining is my guess.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I was a huge Bosa fan but learned to live with the Kyler Murray pick. Hopefully Bosa will be perennially injured and Kyler Murray will continue to be healthy and develop even as teams get more tape on him. BAker Mayfield is becoming a cautionary tale of what happens to a one year wonder after opposing teams have film on him. Fortunately, I think Murray doesn’t have the horrendous lack of character that Mayfield has.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Biggest difference between Baker and Murray is personality. Murray is confident, but even-keeled and seems like an overall classy guy. Baker is a cocky douche bag who’s has the maturity of a caffeinated preteen.

I remember him yelling at Kansas Fans “Go Cheer Basketball” at a meaningless win, rubbing a win over OSU in their face needlessly, and spending his first full offseason planning a wedding and doing commercials. A first class jerk. That behavior wins you a lot of fans on other NFL rosters.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He's starting to use his legs more, which will just make him more dangerous and keep opposing defenses honest. At times he plays like a rookie, but you can tell "it" is there and he will only get better. If the game slows down for him in the next couple of years watch out.

BigRedArk

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was a huge Bosa fan but learned to live with the Kyler Murray pick. Hopefully Bosa will be perennially injured and Kyler Murray will continue to be healthy and develop even as teams get more tape on him. BAker Mayfield is becoming a cautionary tale of what happens to a one year wonder after opposing teams have film on him. Fortunately, I think Murray doesn’t have the horrendous lack of character that Mayfield has.
But what do Baker Mayfield's Cleveland Browns Teammates and Coaches think of him? Do they think he's a douchebag?

There was no doubt his Teammates and Coaches loved him at Oklahoma. He wasn't a one year wonder at Oklahoma. He made the whole Team better. Perhaps he's going through a bit of a Sophomore slump so far this year?

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
cardncubfan, I don't have the figures, but you posted that KM was the only rookie on the Bad Throws list. My guess is that he's had more pass attempts than the other rookie QB's. Anyone know?

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
cardncubfan, I don't have the figures, but you posted that KM was the only rookie on the Bad Throws list. My guess is that he's had more pass attempts than the other rookie QB's. Anyone know?

Of course he has, he is the only rookie QB that was a week 1 starter.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
In terms of Total QBR (Factors in toughness of opponent) Kyler is 16th in the NFL with 50.9

In terms of Raw QBR (not factoring in toughness of opponent) Kyler is 13th in the NFL with 55.7.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The not so encouraging TD %
You must be registered for see images attach

I'm not going to stress out too much about this. We pass so much that a rate stat like TD percentage doesn't have a lot of value. I think the more important thing to look at is points per drive. Cards are 23rd in that stat.

Cards are also 29th in 3 and outs per drive (more than a quarter of our drives end in 3 and outs; the NFL average is 1 in 5.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Still the favorite for OROY
He's easily the most flashy off that list.. so I would assume even if his numbers don't line up with the other rooks, he'd still get it based on that alone imo. Not saying it's right or wrong..just how I see it.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose