Falcons game will tell us a lot

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
In my opinion, we're going to get heavily outscored, as our defense has just about zero chance against the pass, and Austin Hooper is having a career year.

It's awesome that we won today, but we showed a ton of the same struggles we've had all year. We barely held on against the Bengals, who are really, truly, a bad team. We need to convert in the red zone.

Given that we can't stop anyone, I don't think we are at the point where we can keep up, either.

We've had a ton of "we got this" posts throughout the year, and we've just barely avoided losses when we were practically handing the game to the other team.

Yeah.. Austin Hooper is the 2nd best tight end this year. Let that sink in..

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In my opinion, we're going to get heavily outscored, as our defense has just about zero chance against the pass, and Austin Hooper is having a career year.

It's awesome that we won today, but we showed a ton of the same struggles we've had all year. We barely held on against the Bengals, who are really, truly, a bad team. We need to convert in the red zone.

Given that we can't stop anyone, I don't think we are at the point where we can keep up, either.

We've had a ton of "we got this" posts throughout the year, and we've just barely avoided losses when we were practically handing the game to the other team.
Glad to see your glass is half full after a win.. ;). All kidding aside.. your concerns are legit.

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Murray is going to need to prepare mentally to win a shoot out.
He's got plenty of experience playing at OU (awful defense)

What he can't do is what he did against the Panthers and Seahawks.

He started pressing after the McCaffrey TD and crumbled.

The Seahawks game that pick 6 sort of deflated us.

He needs to play within himself. Falcons are a faster defense so he needs to be decisive when running.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
No you clarified for me.. thx. It just intially came across to me that it was assumed he doesn't already do that every week.
I think based upon matchups, QBs go into weeks thinking about the game they will need to play to win the game. If you play a good matchup, you generally worry more about not making mistakes. When you play a bad matchup for your defense, you prepare to take a few more risks knowing the game may need 30+ to win.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Glad to see your glass is half full after a win.. ;). All kidding aside.. your concerns are legit.
Kyler seems to be a bright spot so far. So that's the glass half full. I personally wish we'd given the last QB some time to mature, but I'll give it to K1, since there's no other option.

I don't think we have a shot in hell in this game, but we'll have some chances in some upcoming games. That's my glass half full take, haha.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I think this will be the shootout we've been expecting...from start to finish.

42-38 Cards

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Eh...watching the film...we don't have the speed of the Texans...still we should move the ball and need to execute in the redzone like they did.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This might be the game Dan Quinn gets fired.

The Falcons are a Nelson Agholor drop from being 0-5.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'll be in town next week, anybody want to pay me to stay away...:rockon:

Although I don't think I have ever seen a loss in the new stadium.
Need tickets?

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Your insistence that the Falcons are bad is gonna come back to bite you.

How are they not?

They’re 1-4! 0-5 if Nelson Agholor didn’t drop the easiest catch of his life.

If you see the tweet above, they have allowed the 2nd most points in the league & that’s only because the most is a tanking team.

Stop overrating the hell out of that talent on paper & start looking at how horrific their coaching is.

No, I’m not going to avi bet. As every day passes, it just seem like you want this team to fail.

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Man if Kliff/Kyler can't put up tds on this team...:eek:

We should score 30+ against them and the Giants the following week.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah all this...i dont see a win on our schedule blah blah..we easily could have beat the lions we couldnt get that td in OT..hung with the ravens till the end...D even plays a somewhat decent game we beat carolina...those 2 early missed fgs against Seattle changed the whole dynamic of the game early on. I said last week these next games easily can win 2 of 3 if not all 3. PP comes back against the Giants im expecting the D to be really hyped over that. Lets go Cards...continue on haters

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah all this...i dont see a win on our schedule blah blah..we easily could have beat the lions we couldnt get that td in OT..hung with the ravens till the end...D even plays a somewhat decent game we beat carolina...those 2 early missed fgs against Seattle changed the whole dynamic of the game early on. I said last week these next games easily can win 2 of 3 if not all 3. PP comes back against the Giants im expecting the D to be really hyped over that. Lets go Cards...continue on haters
Beat the Falcons...I feel pretty good about beating the Giants

3-3-1 wont be a bad start all things considering. Gotta get it done.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard