OT: The Rams moved from St. Louis to LA

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
One of the biggest markets in the league, 3-0 start, fresh off a superbowl appearance and the worst ticket resale value of any team in the league.

LA could give two f's about NFL football.

Rams Buccaneers

You must be registered for see images attach

https://www.ocregister.com/2019/09/26/rams-ticket-for-16-teams-3-0-start-hasnt-excited-seat-buyers/
There are so many transplants and so many things to do for entertainment in LA it’s very hard...especially when the team was gone for twenty years.

The Rams are like the absent father who shows up when his estranged kid is 25 and suddenly wants to hang out every day. It takes time to earn the love that may never materialize.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Rams played in Tampa Bay didn't they?

Edit: guess not

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Fiasco

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
It's even worse than that.

2019 average attendance for the first two homes games for LA... 25,356

That's the worst in the NFL and it's half of the second worst team on attendance with the Bengals at 50,666.

Meanwhile, the 2015 St. Louis Rams, a moribund team that the city knew already had it's bags packed had an average attendance of 52,402

In 2017 there were articles about the Rams attendance decline being the NFL's worst in 25 years by a massive margin and attendance has only gotten worse.

The NFL needs to quit moving teams around. I'm so glad to see this massive failure unfold on Stan Kroenke

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I was at a sports bar in Carson, CA yesterday. Walked in and over 50% of the crowd was wearing Raider gear. Mind you, their game ended at 1pm as the Rams game was just beginning. The Raider fans were cheering for the Bucs.

This is Raider territory. They should have been the team to come here, not the Chargers or Rams. All three of these teams are idiots

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I bet the rams would have killed it in Vegas. I'm still surprised the chargers moved to LA.

OP
OP
Fiasco

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
well crap thats the LA chargers numbers. I'm gonna have to go Trump on this one and stick with the original narrative in face of the facts.

OP
OP
Fiasco

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
well crap thats the LA chargers numbers. I'm gonna have to go Trump on this one and stick with the original narrative in face of the facts.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The coliseum used to be a massive ******** but I’ve heard they’ve fixed it up. The Rose Bowl stadium itself kinda sucks too but it’s a lovely area and the Chargers play in a soccer stadium. There weren’t any quality options.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I think it’d be fun to see SLC, ABQ, or even OKC get a team. I bet any of those communities would be at least as good (if not better) as LA is supporting a team.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
It's even worse than that.

2019 average attendance for the first two homes games for LA... 25,356

That's the worst in the NFL and it's half of the second worst team on attendance with the Bengals at 50,666.

Meanwhile, the 2015 St. Louis Rams, a moribund team that the city knew already had it's bags packed had an average attendance of 52,402

In 2017 there were articles about the Rams attendance decline being the NFL's worst in 25 years by a massive margin and attendance has only gotten worse.

The NFL needs to quit moving teams around. I'm so glad to see this massive failure unfold on Stan Kroenke
Your figure of 25k is for the LA Chargers...they play in a 25k seat soccer stadium.

The Rams are averaging just under 70k in the USC Colesium, which was configured to a lower seat count.

Also, the pic you shared isn't completely accurate, either...it was from pregame and several people that were at that game have shared pics showing the stadium full. LA has always been a late arriving crowd...for every team...regardless of how good or bad they play...even the Lakers and Dodgers.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Fiasco

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
Your figure of 25k is for the LA Chargers...they play in a 25k seat soccer stadium.

The Rams are averaging just under 70k in the USC Colesium, which was configured to a lower seat count.

Also, the pic you shared isn't completely accurate, either...it was from pregame and several people that were at that game have shared pics showing the stadium full. LA has always been a late arriving crowd...for every team...regardless of how good or bad they play...even the Lakers and Dodgers.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/attendance

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Look 3 posts up

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
People can't even stomach traffic down here to go to work, pick up kids from school etc...They sure as hell don't want to do it for the cheap-ass Chargers, and the Nomadic Rams.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
People can't even stomach traffic down here to go to work, pick up kids from school etc...They sure as hell don't want to do it for the cheap-ass Chargers, and the Nomadic Rams.
Bingo. I lived in OC for 4/5 years and you'll never forget the traffic when you leave it for good.. it's a huge sigh of relief anywhere else. I still to this day have no idea how people deal with the overall crowding of those cities. My brother just recently had to bounce after 30 years in the Huntington Beach area.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was at a sports bar in Carson, CA yesterday. Walked in and over 50% of the crowd was wearing Raider gear. Mind you, their game ended at 1pm as the Rams game was just beginning. The Raider fans were cheering for the Bucs.

This is Raider territory. They should have been the team to come here, not the Chargers or Rams. All three of these teams are idiots

Regardless of how many times Al Davis yo-yo'd his team up and down the state, no self-respecting SoCal native would pull for a team from the Oakland/San Fran area. Meh.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regardless of how many times Al Davis yo-yo'd his team up and down the state, no self-respecting SoCal native would pull for a team from the Oakland/San Fran area. Meh.

Please go to LA and tell the millions of Raider Fans that they have no self-respect.

BTW - no self-respecting Arizona resident would have pull for a team from LA.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
On another note.... Is it just me? Or is attendance down at almost EVERY NFL stadium?

I know the Steelers and Bengals was an O-fer stinker, But Steeler fans are pretty hard core, and I saw a lot of empty seats for a Monday Night division game.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
On another note.... Is it just me? Or is attendance down at almost EVERY NFL stadium?

I know the Steelers and Bengals was an O-fer stinker, But Steeler fans are pretty hard core, and I saw a lot of empty seats for a Monday Night division game.
Most Kids don’t care about sports anymore. I have tried for years to get my kids to watch games in person and they just act bored the whole time and would rather worship yotubers. Sport is in big trouble in the next 15/20 years...

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Most Kids don’t care about sports anymore. I have tried for years to get my kids to watch games in person and they just act bored the whole time and would rather worship yotubers. Sport is in big trouble in the next 15/20 years...

I don't disagree at all, I have a 21 year old daughter, and she is a Cardinals fan by birth....
But several times she has casually mentioned that she.... "Doesn't know if she'll still be a Cards fan after Fitz retires lol.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

I think as you stated and SoCal reiterated, there is not much following of sports or rather young kids not identifying a fandom for a team sport. I train a few kids in distance running, but being athletes they like sports but do not have a favorite team and only seem to root for certain players. This new era is about individual players and not loyalty to a team. Be it the advent of Fantasy Football or self identification over a group

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson