Surprising stat on #11

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Out of his 16 yrs in the NFL, this season is his first with 100 yds in his first two games. He's done it plenty of times back to back though. Further proof I think he stays around 2 more seasons. He could break even more records & see where this new regime goes?

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Love it or hate it, Fitz does love numbers. If he has the season it looks like he will, then yes, he'll do everything he can to play 2-3 more seasons.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I hope he does stick around another couple but if he does I also hope he takes a sweetheart deal so we can spend $$ elsewhere
If you ask me, he's already on a sweetheart deal. How many of these guys would you rather have over Larry? Even at his age, I'd rather have Fitz over several of these guys.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Out of his 16 yrs in the NFL, this season is his first with 100 yds in his first two games. He's done it plenty of times back to back though. Further proof I think he stays around 2 more seasons. He could break even more records & see where this new regime goes?

Nice find man. These are always fun to read.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I hope he does stick around another couple but if he does I also hope he takes a sweetheart deal so we can spend $$ elsewhere
The $$$ spent on Fitzgerald is worth it at any price.

Any saved money will be wasted on an oft-injured, overrated offensive lineman if history stays true to itself.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
This is the one benefit of Kliff’s offense. He’s letting Fitz get downfield; whereas, Arians and McCoy always had him as a slot WR or slot end. Stuff like this is what’s going to keep Fitz wanting to stay on the team

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ridiculous. The fact that he stuck with us for 16 years is the biggest sweetheart deal in the history of this franchise. Mike B could give him 30 mil for his final year and you wouldn’t hear a peep from me.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
We are so fortunate to have him. I wouldn’t have drafted him (because we needed other help), but in hindsight, I appreciate DG’s stubbornness.

KK referred to him as “safety blanket” yesterday, more or less alluding to the to the fact the other receivers need to keep improving.

Dude is aging, but such a professional in every sense... lastly, he is in the top 6 in all time TD receptions, right up there with Moss and Carter. I’ve got to think this fire has been burning since puberty.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ridiculous. The fact that he stuck with us for 16 years is the biggest sweetheart deal in the history of this franchise. Mike B could give him 30 mil for his final year and you wouldn’t hear a peep from me.

:biglaugh:

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He needs 10 more receptions to pass Tony Gonzalez as second all time. He passed Antonio Gates for 6th in receiving TD's in week 1.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I saw some stat too that game 1 was his first 100 yard game 1 since 2006.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
He needs 10 more receptions to pass Tony Gonzalez as second all time. He passed Antonio Gates for 6th in receiving TD's in week 1.

He’ll get that next year... Say what you want about Moss & T.O. but they have 30-40 more TD’s in 20-something less games. He’s not catching them.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you ask me, he's already on a sweetheart deal. How many of these guys would you rather have over Larry? Even at his age, I'd rather have Fitz over several of these guys.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Honestly I would ratther have almost all of those guys over Larry. The only exceptions would be Alshon Jeffrey, Tyrell Williams, and Emanuel Sanders.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’ll get that next year... Say what you want about Moss & T.O. but they have 30-40 more TD’s in 20-something less games. He’s not catching them.

He probably won't catch Rice, Moss, and Owens in receiving TDs (can probably catch Harrison and Carter though). However, if he plays this season and two more full seasons he'll break Rice's consecutive games with a reception record and can probably catch Rice in career receptions. Probably won't catch in receiving yards, as he is currently 6,399 short.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
He probably won't catch Rice, Moss, and Owens in receiving TDs (can probably catch Harrison and Carter though). However, if he plays this season and two more full seasons he'll break Rice's consecutive games with a reception record and can probably catch Rice in career receptions. Probably won't catch in receiving yards, as he is currently 6,399 short.
No one will ever come close to Rice's overall TDs or receiving TDs. He had 208 total and 197 receiving and Emmitt Smith is still 2nd with 175 total. Those are mind boggling numbers really.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
It's a damn shame he had to play with XFL QB's for most of his career.

Never complained one time though, never asked to be traded, etc.....true professional.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fitz needs 4 receptions to equal, 5 to surpass Tony Gonzalez for #2 all time in receptions.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose