So do you think Cards will lose in a blow out?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
i honestly have no clue how you come to these ideas.

I think we get annihilated on Sunday, but come back to even our record at 1-1-1 against the panthers the next week.
I think it's still up in the air as to what Lamar Jackson can do throwing the ball if the team contains the run. Miami has next to no one on the roster. Suggs will give us the inside track to everything on that defense, and even the weak points on offense. He's basically a coach on the field.

If Kliff can carry over Kyler's momentum from Sunday and get us into a rhythm early, it will be competitive. Winning competitive? Nah... but competitive.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Odds are stacked against us but here we go.

Pros.
1. Nerves should be better for k1 and k2
2. THIS team has never traveled to the east coast. Past performances do not guarantee future performances.
3. Ravens will be very tired from patty themselves in the back and reading the newspaper.
4. Nobody still really knows us.

Cons.
1. We don’t really know us.
2. Road game.
3. Ravens can really bring pressure.
4. Harbaugh.

I believe we are outmanned a bit in this game and yes the east coast stuff will probably hold true. This is a game we are not expected to win even if we were who we wished we were. I’ll be ecstatic if we have the ball in the 4 th quarter with a chance to win. I think we lose by 13 but only because the Ravens score late in the game to put it away.

I suffer from post east coast beatdown syndrome, so I'm not the person to give great insight here. Or, maybe I am. I can't help but to question your Pros. And don't get me wrong, I usually agree with your Cardinal positions.

1. I'm not sold that (1) home game alleviates nerves for K1 & K2. Ravens will bring stuff that K1/K2 may never have seen.

2. I've been to these 1:00 east coast roadies since the late 70's. Past performances may not guarantee future performances, but as a Cardinal fan, THEY HAVE for me. Until proven otherwise on a more consistent basis (3-33 record when I'm there), this is a CON for me.

3. Ravens won't be tired. They will be flying around in front of their crazy fan base. We'll be tired due to it being a 10 am game for us. I've felt jet lag in my life. It DOES matter.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think it's still up in the air as to what Lamar Jackson can do throwing the ball if the team contains the run. Miami has next to no one on the roster. Suggs will give us the inside track to everything on that defense, and even the weak points on offense. He's basically a coach on the field.

If Kliff can carry over Kyler's momentum from Sunday and get us into a rhythm early, it will be competitive. Winning competitive? Nah... but competitive.

If we contain the run, then Jackson will be left to run from the pocket. My question is, are we ready for that? Maybe yes, maybe no. If we're not, we'll pay big time & then passing lanes will be open.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we contain the run, then Jackson will be left to run from the pocket. My question is, are we ready for that? Maybe yes, maybe no. If we're not, we'll pay big time & then passing lanes will be open.
We'll probably rotate and disguise spies to contain Jackson, put Swearinger on Andrews and double cover and put our hands on M Brown.

Baltimore will probably counter with heavy doses of Ingram. Stopping the run with fewer defenders will be key.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
A lot of the game planning should come through Suggs

He has more in depth knowledge of Harbaugh and that team than anyone on the planet.

The biggest hope is that Suggs can give some major insides to Jackson's problems and Harbaugh's tendencies along with how to attack the offense and defense.

Here's to insider knowledge....just like Detroit getting our QB 4 days before the game....you could see they had some info on what KK was trying to do.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yet you guys keep going knowing you're the common denominator

Lol. I just want to see them win again, even if it takes another 20 tries. I haven't seen them win since Plummer beat them 45-42 at Washington. Pretty sure that was Wadsworth's rookie season:shock:

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We score a touchdown late, to bring it to 31-17, a less embarrassing loss.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suffer from post east coast beatdown syndrome, so I'm not the person to give great insight here. Or, maybe I am. I can't help but to question your Pros. And don't get me wrong, I usually agree with your Cardinal positions.

1. I'm not sold that (1) home game alleviates nerves for K1 & K2. Ravens will bring stuff that K1/K2 may never have seen.

2. I've been to these 1:00 east coast roadies since the late 70's. Past performances may not guarantee future performances, but as a Cardinal fan, THEY HAVE for me. Until proven otherwise on a more consistent basis (3-33 record when I'm there), this is a CON for me.

3. Ravens won't be tired. They will be flying around in front of their crazy fan base. We'll be tired due to it being a 10 am game for us. I've felt jet lag in my life. It DOES matter.
Lol. Trust me. I KNOW I grasping at straws....but wouldn’t it be swell to shock the world?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I saw us fail to contain Matthew Stafford in the pocket, fail to cover an athletic TE, and let players get wide open at times vertically down the field.

Lamar Jackson is more athletic than Stafford.

Mark Andrews has a similar athletic profile to Hockenson.

Marquise Brown has speed to separate that no Lions WR had.

The only thing that keeps us in this game is if Squeak can deliver the ball on-time and accurately consistently throughout the game. David Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald do offer some size mismatches vs the Ravens LBs and Ss. That being said, we are all very familiar with Tony Jefferson and Earl Thomas.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I saw us fail to contain Matthew Stafford in the pocket, fail to cover an athletic TE, and let players get wide open at times vertically down the field.

Lamar Jackson is more athletic than Stafford.

Mark Andrews has a similar athletic profile to Hockenson.

Marquise Brown has speed to separate that no Lions WR had.

The only thing that keeps us in this game is if Squeak can deliver the ball on-time and accurately consistently throughout the game. David Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald do offer some size mismatches vs the Ravens LBs and Ss. That being said, we are all very familiar with Tony Jefferson and Earl Thomas.

Right. No lessons learned from last week.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score

I honestly don't think the Raven offense of 2019 resembles anything of the Raven offense of 2018.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Don't get beat deep, let Lamar go to his second read and Cards can stay in the game.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I honestly don't think the Raven offense of 2019 resembles anything of the Raven offense of 2018.
Meh. You play against enough guys practice after practice, especially when you're at Suggs' level, and you get to see their tendencies regardless of the offense.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It won't be 59 -10 but I do not see A card win in this one. Ravens to cover at home.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA