They still are not going to show any indication of their actual offense

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The whole thing about we are going to add some wrinkles, basically means they are going to try some more added safe plays for variety but they are not going to show their actual offense. If they had the plan to guise their offense in the first two games, makes no sense to show anything now

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The whole thing about we are going to add some wrinkles, basically means they are going to try some more added safe plays for variety but they are not going to show their actual offense. If they had the plan to guise their offense in the first two games, makes no sense to show anything now
Sometimes it can help when you reveal some of your more explosive plays - It gives opposing teams something to think about.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Sometimes it can help when you reveal some of your more explosive plays - It gives opposing teams something to think about.

I think there is some truth to that along with actually giving them some exposure in a more game like situation. I am not saying what they are doing is wrong or right but anyone who is going to judge this Minnesota game as indicative of our offense will be off in my opinion

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Don’t care if they are vanilla or show more. I just want both sides of the ball to play better, better fundamentals, with more physicality. Offense lets score a TD or two by halftime. Defense let’s not give up easy runs, and not allow the Vikings QBs to pick us apart and get off the field on third down

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Don’t care if they are vanilla or show more. I just want both sides of the ball to play better, better fundamentals, with more physicality. Offense lets score a TD or two by halftime. Defense let’s not give up easy runs, and not allow the Vikings QBs to pick us apart and get off the field on third down

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm not sure what exactly they're hiding? Isn't the whole offense predicated on spreading everybody out and letting Kyler improvise? If so - why not just let it fly now? Especially when the starting offense has been SO anemic for 2 weeks. They can't not pass the damn 40 again.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Well if he throws a 20 yard pass completion , and then we watch two consecutive holding calls are you going to hold it against him?

If that happened, that would be the best drive of Murray’s NFL career. Is the bar really this low?

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They went 3 -1 last year and won the all important 3rd game lol we all know how the rest of the year turned out. I make no judgement or give a crap about the pre. I only watch to see the potential depth and no injuries. All that matters is Detroit thats when the actual movie starts

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It really is laughable how fans in general get worked up over the results of preseason football. Some of that is attributed to the morons in the football sports media world that fill our heads with stupidity leading up to the season every year. I work in sales & had 4 hours of driving yesterday. I listened to multiple NFL related shows yesterday until my head almost popped off. If you know anything about your team, then you realize that these guys are clowns. So according to these know it alls, the 2019 Cardinals may very well be one of the worst football teams in NFL history. They base that on a combination of last season, and our 1st two preseason games. Ok, great. Let us fly in under the radar. I've always loved that approach. I still remember how long it took BA to have his system implemented in his 1st year. Look, I'm excited for the Detroit game, but this offense will take until almost midseason, before we can even begin to judge it. It's also apparent that because we fired a black HC after 1 season, albeit the worst in our long pathetic franchise history, the PC NFL media want KK to fail & fail miserably. I generally like Chris Carter, but if you listen to him, you would think Wilks was the second coming of Lombardi.

Last edited:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
If that happened, that would be the best drive of Murray’s NFL career. Is the bar really this low?

It is set that low sir.

Everyone who backed Murray is desperately hoping, that by doing so, Murray can then perform at a level so that the pick will be completely vindicated in his 3rd pre-season game. Because that's a real thing.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
It really is laughable how fans in general get worked up over the results of preseason football. Some of that is attributed to the morons in the football sports media world that fill our heads with stupidity leading up to the season every year. I work in sales & had 4 hours of driving yesterday. I listened to multiple NFL related shows yesterday until my head almost popped off. If you know anything about your team, then you realize that these guys are clowns. So according to these know it alls, the 2019 Cardinals may very well be one of the worst football teams in NFL history. They base that on a combination of last season, and our 1st two preseason games. Ok, great. Let us fly in under the radar. I've always loved that approach. I still remember how long it took BA to have his system implemented in his 1st year. Look, I'm excited for the Detroit game, but this offense will take until almost midseason, before we can even begin to judge it. It's also apparent that because we fired a black HC after 1 season, albeit the worst in our long pathetic franchise history, the PC NFL media want KK to fail & fail miserably. I generally like Chris Carter, but if you listen to him, you would think Wilks was the second coming of Lombardi.

Assuming this is a shot at me, so I’ll retort:

Yes, this is preseason and the results don’t matter, but you want to see a handful of examples that the team is competent, especially the first and second team guys. As it stands, we have a defense that looks as bad, if not worse, than the circus act on the field last season. We have a starting quarterback who has yet to cross midfield, even against second-team defenses; the same defenses his backup is doing well against.

I get that the everything’s vanilla, but give us something we can chew on besides the hype that’s been pushed since January

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

Yes, this is preseason and the results don’t matter, but you want to see a handful of examples that the team is competent, especially the first and second team guys. As it stands, we have a defense that looks as bad, if not worse, than the circus act on the field last season. We have a starting quarterback who has yet to cross midfield, even against second-team defenses; the same defenses his backup is doing well against.

I get that the everything’s vanilla, but give us something we can chew on besides the hype that’s been pushed since January

:raccoon:

Really, most of us don't care about the final score. We want to see individual battles won, we want to see some kind of cohesion and execution, there shouldn't be so many missed tackles, there shouldn't be so many penalties, the OL should be able to hold a block just a little longer (without actually holding), our DL shouldn't be getting blown off the ball so consistently, players shouldn't be dropping passes, QBs shouldn't be overthrowing players....none of that has to do with game planning. If anyone can honestly watch those first 2 preseason games and not see a reason for concern I don't know what to say.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Right on the money PACArdsFan.

Please keep helping to manage the expectations of the board. Like you said, odds are it's going to take a while to get things going, and this year is all about figuring out what works best, and building on that in 2020.

Nobody wants to hear that we might start out 1-5, but they'll forget about that some if we finish 3-3, and look dangerous doing so.

Just have to hold the fort until game seven or eight, because that's when we can reasonably expect things to start coming together. If it happens before then great, but let's be patient at least until then.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Definitely not a shot at you. Not even a shot at anyone, but in GENERAL, fans get too caught up in preseason football. Does anyone get this caught up in preseason hockey, baseball, or basketball?? No they don't. Do I have concerns about our D this year? I do, but not necessarily because of what I've seen in preseason. My concerns are because we have a razor thin group of D-linemen, and we have both starting CB's out for extended periods of time.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
:raccoon:

Really, most of us don't care about the final score. We want to see individual battles won, we want to see some kind of cohesion and execution, there shouldn't be so many missed tackles, there shouldn't be so many penalties, the OL should be able to hold a block just a little longer (without actually holding), our DL shouldn't be getting blown off the ball so consistently, players shouldn't be dropping passes, QBs shouldn't be overthrowing players....none of that has to do with game planning. If anyone can honestly watch those first 2 preseason games and not see a reason for concern I don't know what to say.

We looked like a well oiled machine last year in preseason & where did it get us?? Worst Cardinal team I had seen in my 55+ years as a fan, that's where. In case you missed it, Murray was really 7-7 in the opener. The Cardinals obviously weren't ready for what the Raiders threw at them, but even that was a little douchy for a 2nd preseason game. I'm glad it happened. I guarantee that Murray will have answers the next time a team thinks that's the answer to stopping him.

I have concerns about the D, but not because of the preseason games. Anytime you lose both starting corners before the season even starts, you're in trouble.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And diving for the turf on his final play.

<fake clap> "Fetal position on 3 !!" <clap>

;)

That's because the center snapped the ball early & our tackles were caught unprepared to even lay a finger on the rushers. What Murray did on the play was to avoid a big hit, which is exactly what you want him to do.