OT: Baker Mayfield: “I cannot believe the Giants took Daniel Jones”

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Just no upside to riling up your opponents like this.

Maybe the hate he generates from the other side helps to keep him fired up?

Can't figure it out.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Baker at least has the right to be arrogant. Dude's a beast.

Cam has been pretty beastly and accomplished more at this level then Mayfield has... I don’t particularly care for his whiny ass but he’s done more then BM whose got a lot more to prove.

Last edited:

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Is there anyone who thinks the Browns will not be as advertised? I just keep seeing all these talking heads with them late in the play offs and some even the Super Bowl, I don't know I mean it's the Browns...they always seem to mess things up lol kinda like Keim and the O-line

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cam is definitely arrogant but not all arrogance is created equal. Baker goes out of his way to be a douche while Cam is just naturally over confident IMO. I mean you want your QB to be confident......
Oh yea, I love Cam’s confidence. I love it when he celebrates after he scores a TD. He’s not like Baker talking about teammates’ business like he did with Duke Johnson or throwing another QB who is not even in his division under the bus.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How does Baker have the right? Cam has accomplished more than Baker ever has & that includes the college level as well.
Really? Stat wise it isn't even close. Newton started 1 year in college and his numbers were above average at best(66% comp.%, 2,854 yards, 30 TD, 7 INT) compared to Mayfield's senior year(70.5 comp %, 4,627, 43 TD, 6 INT). Of course you're going to throw out the fact that Newton won a national championship but last I looked football is a team sport and it's glaringly obvious that Mayfield did his part. And if you want to compare rookie seasons their numbers are fairly similar with both winning 6 games but Mayfield helped a team that won zero games the previous season win 6 games. That counts for something. So to imply that Newton accomplished more would be intellectually dishonest.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cam is definitely arrogant but not all arrogance is created equal. Baker goes out of his way to be a douche while Cam is just naturally over confident IMO. I mean you want your QB to be confident......
And Cam acted like a petulant child after getting schooled in the Super Bowl. If you're going to dance and dab and call yourself Superman when you're playing well then you have to fess up and take it like a man when you lose. He showed everyone that he's nothing but a big baby by storming off during his post SB presser.

blindseyed

Reaction score
Really? Stat wise it isn't even close. Newton started 1 year in college and his numbers were above average at best(66% comp.%, 2,854 yards, 30 TD, 7 INT) compared to Mayfield's senior year(70.5 comp %, 4,627, 43 TD, 6 INT). Of course you're going to throw out the fact that Newton won a national championship but last I looked football is a team sport and it's glaringly obvious that Mayfield did his part. And if you want to compare rookie seasons their numbers are fairly similar with both winning 6 games but Mayfield helped a team that won zero games the previous season win 6 games. That counts for something. So to imply that Newton accomplished more would be intellectually dishonest.
Actually Dvontel is 100% factually correct Bakers never been to the Pro Bowl or SB, Newton has 3 and 1... that's a fact...he didn't say anything about comparing them up to the finish of their rookie years lol

blindseyed

Reaction score
And Cam acted like a petulant child after getting schooled in the Super Bowl. If you're going to dance and dab and call yourself Superman when you're playing well then you have to fess up and take it like a man when you lose. He showed everyone that he's nothing but a big baby by storming off during his post SB presser.
That was so embarrassing and not manly in the least lol

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Dude is gonna get his knees taken out during a game if he continues to talk ish. Baker is becoming the douchiest player in the league
Becoming? I can’t think of one I think is douchier.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Actually Dvontel is 100% factually correct Bakers never been to the Pro Bowl or SB, Newton has 3 and 1... that's a fact...he didn't say anything about comparing them up to the finish of their rookie years lol
Mayfield's only played 1 season and he was pretty damned impressive and the only sample we have as a comparison is their college and rookie years unless you have a crystal ball and can see into the future. Now if you want to say that Mayfield is still wet behind the ears and shouldn't be bad mouthing other team's players then we're in agreement. I was pointing out the fallacy that Newton had accomplished more than Mayfield, including college, when the numbers don't bear that out.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Dumbest argument ever.

Cam has a full body of work at the NFL level including leading a team to the super bowl. Accomplished more at this juncture? 100% right.

blindseyed

Reaction score
Mayfield's only played 1 season and he was pretty damned impressive and the only sample we have as a comparison is their college and rookie years unless you have a crystal ball and can see into the future. Now if you want to say that Mayfield is still wet behind the ears and shouldn't be bad mouthing other team's players then we're in agreement. I was pointing out the fallacy that Newton had accomplished more than Mayfield, including college, when the numbers don't bear that out.
You missed the whole joke of my Post, you're so angry lol

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose