MSPA - AZ Cardinals

MoeIsBetter

SPA Co-Commishioner
Reaction score
Hey all, names Moe and I've been an "observer" here for over 10 years. I have something that I find really fun and I wanted to see if anybody would be interested in me posting my story here. I'll fill you in on what it is I do.

3 years ago I was in a simulation style Madden League called MDFL. The commish of the league shut it down and a core group of us decided to build Madden Sim Players Association. I was voted the sole commissioner and away we went. 3 years later, we have one of the best Madden Leagues on the internet (go ahead, ask Leaguecrawler. They'll vouch for me!). MSPA has a podcast, an analytics department, Youtuber Dequan Kush does a "Follow the Franchise" where he rebuilds a bad team against real users (taking the NYG this year), as well as a TON of team specific articles.

This year, I'll be doing a running journal titled "Murrays Message", as well as a weekly podcast about the league. It's a ton of fun, but the problem I run into is that I have no other Cardinal fans to share my journey with. Last season, I made trades that netted me players like Courtland Sutton, Darius Slay, and an older Luke Kuechly in our last season. I went from worst team in the game our first season to playing in the NFC Conference Championship in our last season. My skills should be enough to make this entertaining!

What I would like to post here, if some of you are interested and this doesn't break rules, is "quarterly updates" and feedback, as well as post my twitch channel when I broadcast. I'm the biggest Cardinal fan I know but I know I have rose colored glasses. This can be your opportunity to help me run a franchise. Is this something anybody would be interested in following or should I go back to my cave and just keep being an "observer"?

League Site: http://daddyleagues.com/mspa
Rule Page: https://www.bmeyer1985.wixsite.com/mspa/mspa-rules

Some interesting things about MSPA are:
- Token System (our way of getting exclusive content and paying out owners)
- Silent Bid FA (so you cant see what others are bidding)
- Scenario Engine (EA has theirs. Weve incorporated our own negative Scenario Engine for consequences when rules are broken)

- As well as numerous more. Come check out the rule page and see what all we have in store!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
More likely to get followers if you are an active poster on the board....would make your interactions seem less like spam

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no interest in watching you play madden but you are welcome to talk football with us. the more the merrier. If I turn on the xbox, I'll just play Madden ;)

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I remember moe he was super active about 5 years ago. Sounds like most of the guys from back who posted regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
MoeIsBetter

MoeIsBetter

SPA Co-Commishioner
Reaction score
Moe has been around so definitely not spam.

However I think this belongs in the Gaming forum so I will move it there.
Thanks for the move and sorry for putting it in the wrong spot.

I never went anywhere. I was an avid poster on the forums when I had a laptop years ago. That busted and I moved to my Iphone for most of my internet use. Stayed active in reading the forums but never bothered posting much. The app Reddit became my place to post Cardinals info as the app is super mobile friendly. But recently got a CPU back in the house and that meant getting back into ASFN.

OP
OP
MoeIsBetter

MoeIsBetter

SPA Co-Commishioner
Reaction score
I have no interest in watching you play madden but you are welcome to talk football with us. the more the merrier. If I turn on the xbox, I'll just play Madden ;)
Watching me play isnt what I was really going for. This for instance:

The HOU owner hit me up last Madden and offered me a 32 year old Deandre Hopkins and I turned the trade down. I'd developed Courtland Sutton into a beast.

Get into this Madden break we had and I hit him up and asked if Hopkins would be available again this year. He mentioned he would but his price would be steep. I'm now questioning trading my 1st round this year, 2nd round this year, and 1st round next year for the best WR in football. At first I laughed, but the more I think about it the more it makes sense. Hear me out...

Right now people are using a spy and contain all game, manning up against my WRs, and playing a safety over top. There is 0 respect for any of my WR's currently. My thought process though is if I put a guy you HAVE to double team on one side and you spy/contain Kyler to keep him in the backfield: that eliminates the safety help over top and gives guys like DJ, Kirk, and Isabella one on one coverage all game. If they don't double Hopkins or spy Kyler: good luck lol.

Now the negatives are gonna be losing all those picks. Hopkins is 28 and we're going 6 season. He'll be 34 by the time this Madden cycle is done for us (I've done some test simulations. Hes still 95 overall at 34 years old).

Positives though (outside the ability to open up my offense like stated above) is having the best hands in the game, hell have 3 years left after I get him (and a frachise tag if I want it or re-sign), and because he's traded I won't have to pay the guaranteed money he's owed which makes him cheaper for me per year.

OP
OP
MoeIsBetter

MoeIsBetter

SPA Co-Commishioner
Reaction score
More likely to get followers if you are an active poster on the board....would make your interactions seem less like spam
Hadn't thought about this being viewed as gaining "followers". Other than posts here, there isn't much to follow other than seeing random articles (that I get nothing for you reading) and discussing football while I try to win our Cardinals a Lombardi. Appreciate the feedback though brother.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching me play isnt what I was really going for. This for instance:

The HOU owner hit me up last Madden and offered me a 32 year old Deandre Hopkins and I turned the trade down. I'd developed Courtland Sutton into a beast.

Get into this Madden break we had and I hit him up and asked if Hopkins would be available again this year. He mentioned he would but his price would be steep. I'm now questioning trading my 1st round this year, 2nd round this year, and 1st round next year for the best WR in football. At first I laughed, but the more I think about it the more it makes sense. Hear me out...

Right now people are using a spy and contain all game, manning up against my WRs, and playing a safety over top. There is 0 respect for any of my WR's currently. My thought process though is if I put a guy you HAVE to double team on one side and you spy/contain Kyler to keep him in the backfield: that eliminates the safety help over top and gives guys like DJ, Kirk, and Isabella one on one coverage all game. If they don't double Hopkins or spy Kyler: good luck lol.

Now the negatives are gonna be losing all those picks. Hopkins is 28 and we're going 6 season. He'll be 34 by the time this Madden cycle is done for us (I've done some test simulations. Hes still 95 overall at 34 years old).

Positives though (outside the ability to open up my offense like stated above) is having the best hands in the game, hell have 3 years left after I get him (and a frachise tag if I want it or re-sign), and because he's traded I won't have to pay the guaranteed money he's owed which makes him cheaper for me per year.
But you're talking about a video game so I can't really gets any sort of interest in how your video game experience is going but maybe others would. Welcome back.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

OP
OP
MoeIsBetter

MoeIsBetter

SPA Co-Commishioner
Reaction score
But you're talking about a video game so I can't really gets any sort of interest in how your video game experience is going but maybe others would. Welcome back.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk[/QU

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
Happy to be posting again ;)