Official Training Camp Thread

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I saw a segment on NFL Network yesterday of Steve Smith interviewing K1. He was teasing him about his height, so they stood up against each other back to back. K1 was an inch or two taller than Smith, who's supposed to be 5-9. FWIW.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Being far away in NY, I can't tell you how GREAT it was to be able to watch the MJ/CG video and get an overview of practice. Granted I wasn't able to zero in on a particular player or players, but I hope that posters who were in attendance might post that type of info. Two things I did see:
1. Saw Hakeem Butler drop a contested pass. One drop doesn't mean much, but it is something to watch.
2. In our first PS game, if we play a lot of 'No Huddle' I'm expecting a lot of false starts. JMO.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Imo they ruined the fan atmosphere when they left Flagstaff :madarms:
A lot of teams did this. The Eagles are only having 1 open practice. When they were at Lehigh they were all open. I believe this is how it was at Flagstaff. Why this changed I've no idea.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Dude. It was the first day. Sheesh.

FWIW-- listening to Burns and Gambo on the way home

they were talking baseball ……… when mid-sentence Gambo exclaims "oh my God...…"

Burns chimes in to explain that Murray had just run out of the pocket.... Gambo says "its incredible how quick and fast he is"

again, like the above both are (indirectly) employed by the team, but K1 seems to be making an impression

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Darren Urban (@Cardschatter)
7/25/19, 1:26 PM
Kyler Murray, asked about how he would deal with losing given that he has won (a lot) every other year he's played QB.

"I haven't really thought about losing, so I don't really know. But I don't plan on it."
He'd probably quit and transfer.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Get the NFL app on your smart tv or fire stick. You can access all recent news/media for each individual NFL team. It’s nice, because I can watch several segments in about 10-15 minutes. It’s like Kliff notes for all of us seniors.
What's a fire stick? (only kidding - at least half way).

Nice Cards piece on today's 11 am (EST) segment on NFLN. Good Steve Smith interview of K1 (who, incidently looked 2" taller than Smith). Captured the flavor of K2's deep baritone voice as he shouted words of encouragement. (Note - K2 looks and sounds like Chris Collingsworth). K1 carries a certain grace in his movements and mechanics that grabs your attention.

But it's still early in the season...

Last edited:

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I saw a segment on NFL Network yesterday of Steve Smith interviewing K1. He was teasing him about his height, so they stood up against each other back to back. K1 was an inch or two taller than Smith, who's supposed to be 5-9. FWIW.

What's a fire stick? (only kidding - at least half way).

Nice Cards piece on the Cards on today's 11 am (EST) segment on NFLN. Good Steve Smith interview of K1 (who, incidently looked 2" taller). Captured the flavor of K2's deep baritone voice as he shouted words of encouragement. (Note - K2 looks and sounds like Colingsworth). K1 carries a certain grace in his movements and mechanics that grabs your attention.

But it's still early in the season...

Does anyone have that segment?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have that segment?

I caught a moment too where they were trying to talk about stuff and kept saying it is very distracting watching the practice. I think ultimately they are just excited for football, the new regime and to see what Murray can do.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did anybody hear our coaches soundbite on the impact of offensive schemes and defense? Not going to overreact but his respond left a ton to be desired. His implication was that it doesn't matter what his offense does scheme wise as long as his defense is prepared.

Wow. Not the answer I wanted to hear and sounds disconnected. If you put up a ton of 3 and outs because of pace and your defense is constantly on the field? Yeah....that has an impact on your defense.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Coaching decisions can be very wrong from time to time.
I guess there's always an excuse. Fact is, though, the only time in his career he faced losing and/or real issues, he quit and transferred.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I guess there's always an excuse. Fact is, though, the only time in his career he faced losing and/or real issues, he quit and transferred.

Just like 50 other QBs every year.

I applaud QBs who say screw these incompetent coaches (Sumlin) and go elsewhere. Why sit on the bench and lose out on a chance to prove yourself? Murrays mistake was going to TAMU in the first place.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I am an Aggie and you are giving only part of the picture. The OTHER starting QB that year, Kyle Allen, also transferred after just one season. Sumlin really screwed that situation up badly. Both QBs felt they had been mislead and lied to.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/co...lack-communication-one-reasons-qb-fiasco-2015

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

Sure...... I guess. Like many before and many after.

It is something to pine over though.

From what I know and read...... Sumlin was a dumpster fire.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard