2019 Free Agency

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
Well that is about what I thought he would go for.

Good signing for the Knicks.
Yeah only 24 and coming off a really nice season. Definitely not what the Knick originally wanted in FA but pretty solid.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would like to pick up Tj McConnell, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson and Stanley johnson - move out Jackson, Melton and Okobo

I do not understand why you would want mcconnell over guys with potential like Melton and Okobo.

Suns don't need anymore PG's

They have 6. Don't forget Leque - Melton and Okobo must be getting dumped.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I would like to pick up Tj McConnell, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson and Stanley johnson - move out Jackson, Melton and Okobo

I think that Stanley Johnson is pretty much hopeless.

I don't really see why we need another backup PG, if we already have Melton, Jerome and Okobo.

RHJ is a very reasonable target.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am fine with the pg position. A back up pf would be nice.

Trades are still possibilities here.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Get Oubre back and see what you can do with TJ’s deal and JJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good lord, I cannot imagine being a Knicks fan right now.

They gave away Portzingis for pennies on the dollar because they wanted the cap space... they've now signed Julius Randle.

Ouch.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think that Stanley Johnson is pretty much hopeless.

I don't really see why we need another backup PG, if we already have Melton, Jerome and Okobo.

RHJ is a very reasonable target.

Except RHJ is a wing (and a poor shooting and poor rebounding one at that), and we need another power forward.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
George Hill returns to Bucks.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brooklyn will pay Durant over 35 million next year to rehab from a ruptured achilles tendon. Only in the NBA.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Brooklyn will pay Durant over 35 million next year to rehab from a ruptured achilles tendon. Only in the NBA.
I think a portion of that is covered by insurance? I was asking this question earlier, but it seems insane to pay someone that much to rehab.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think a portion of that is covered by insurance? I was asking this question earlier, but it seems insane to pay someone that much to rehab.

No way would an insurance company underwrite that on a new contract. That would be like taking out a policy after your house got destroyed by a tornado and trying to make a claim.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

No. You only get that injury compensation if it was an injury that occurred while he was on your roster or you didn't know about it when you signed it.

Brooklyn getting relief for Durant's injury is like buying a burning house and then trying to insure it.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
No. You only get that injury compensation if it was an injury that occurred while he was on your roster or you didn't know about it when you signed it.

Brooklyn getting relief for Durant's injury is like buying a burning house and then trying to insure it.
Just insane to think that Brooklyn will pay him $35M to simply sit and watch.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get Oubre back and see what you can do with TJ’s deal and JJ.

TJ isn't going anywhere, any hope of him being waived and stretched was a bit unrealistic to start with. Monty Williams has hyped up Tyler's defense, tenacity, and grit in the 2 interviews he's had as the Suns head coach. Knowing that, it was unlikely they were going to waive him to start with but I thought there was a small chance if a max player agreed to come here. At that point, it's a clear upgrade but we didn't sign a max level player. To waive and stretch someone the new coach has talked up specifically requires a bit of burying your head in the sand because it casts aside the idea that Monty likes what he brings.

I'd rather wait out his contract and be done with it. Losing almost $6 million in dead money on next years cap and in 2021 would suck. That isn't a lot of money but we can see how much having an extra $6 million could factor into things now, I'd rather not sit around and curse that move for the next 2 years, like you know some will if he stretched.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They will probably get a top-3 pick in next year's lottery.

They were a playoff team this year and they replaced Russell with Kyrie. I don't think that move alone will help them much, if at all, but I can almost guarantee it won't make them that much worse.

KD will be back the following year and they'll jump from a 7 or 8 seed to a 3 or 4 seed, most likely.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
They were a playoff team this year and they replaced Russell with Kyrie. I don't think that move alone will help them much, if at all, but I can almost guarantee it won't make them that much worse.

KD will be back the following year and they'll jump from a 7 or 8 seed to a 3 or 4 seed, most likely.

They also got Deandre Jordan. They are now a top 4 team in the east.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

LeVert missed significant time too last season.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
They also got Deandre Jordan. They are now a top 4 team in the east.

If by "now" you mean, "Whenever in the 2020-21 season Durant gets more or less back in form, assuming neither Irving nor Jordan has gotten injured in the meantime" then yes, maybe.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
If by "now" you mean, "Whenever in the 2020-21 season Durant gets more or less back in form, assuming neither Irving nor Jordan has gotten injured in the meantime" then yes, maybe.

No I mean now. They are behind Toronto(only if Leonard stays), Milwaukee, and philly. They are right there with Boston who has tons of internal issues and no big man on the roster.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
No I mean now. They are behind Toronto(only if Leonard stays), Milwaukee, and philly. They are right there with Boston who has tons of internal issues and no big man on the roster.

Because they have Irving, Jordan, maybe Dinwiddie, and some minimum-salary players? I'll believe it when I see it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose