MCU: Black Widow

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kevin Feige Says Marvel Studios is ‘Committing’ to a Black Widow Solo Movie

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...-a-black-widow-solo-movie#cImw10ljxudtUP0G.99

Captain America: Civil War marks the fifth time that Scarlett Johansson has played Natasha Romanov, aka Black Widow, in a Marvel Studios movie and the cry for her own solo film has never been louder. Promises have been made over the years, but now, speaking with Deadline, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige says the studio is “committed” to making a solo film for the character in the future.

“We’ve announced the next nine movies, ten counting Civil War, through the end of 2019. Where we go beyond that are ongoing discussions that we’ll focus on in the next few years because we have a lot to do before then. Of the characters that you’ve just mentioned I would say certainly the one creatively and emotionally that we are most committing to doing is Black Widow…We think she’s an amazing character. We think Scarlett Johansson’s portrayal of her is amazing. She’s a lead Avenger and has amazing stories in her own right to tell that we think would be fun to turn into a standalone franchise.”

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sort of sounds weird but at first I was all gun how about a solo Black Widow movie but I have cooled a bit on it. Seems to me a movie about her would be more grounded (a la the Netflix shows) and it would be a better fit. They could do a AOS related movie where there is more spy type action. Seems like that is more of the world she would play in for a movie.

It's going to be interesting to see how they approach this. They have to be careful about adding any Avengers (except Hawkeye) because you don't want those characters to overshadow her.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sort of sounds weird but at first I was all gun how about a solo Black Widow movie but I have cooled a bit on it. Seems to me a movie about her would be more grounded (a la the Netflix shows) and it would be a better fit. They could do a AOS related movie where there is more spy type action. Seems like that is more of the world she would play in for a movie.

It's going to be interesting to see how they approach this. They have to be careful about adding any Avengers (except Hawkeye) because you don't want those characters to overshadow her.

I'm guessing if they pair her up with anyone, it's Hawkeye... on some kind of spy, Bourne-esque type mission. I'd watch that.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'm guessing if they pair her up with anyone, it's Hawkeye... on some kind of spy, Bourne-esque type mission. I'd watch that.

This is my guess too, and I'd be all about this kind of a movie. I mean, who would have guessed that Hawkeye would provide some of the strongest plot material in Ultron? And Natasha's always solid for me. Yeah, I'd be stoked if they went this route.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Interesting thing about Civil War is that Black Widow is actually the glue holding the team together--she's essentially become Nick Fury.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is my guess too, and I'd be all about this kind of a movie. I mean, who would have guessed that Hawkeye would provide some of the strongest plot material in Ultron? And Natasha's always solid for me. Yeah, I'd be stoked if they went this route.

yeah, they've done a really good job pf rehabilitating Hawkeye after sidelining him most of the first Avengers and giving him a solid arc in Ultron and some good moments in Civil War.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, they've done a really good job pf rehabilitating Hawkeye after sidelining him most of the first Avengers and giving him a solid arc in Ultron and some good moments in Civil War.

Whedon did say they had bigger plans for him in the future way back while filming Avengers. It's almost a necessity with his character because he doesn't really have special powers and isn't overpowered. I admit even during the latest film I was like...what exactly is he going to do here? They figured it out.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I never saw The Island. Thought they did a good job of making her look younger.
I know people love Bad Boys, but I think The Island is Michael Bay's best film. She is smoking in that movie, and yes, younger. ;)

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got me too, though I was wondering why there was a Trinity/Matrix thing in it. I would go see that.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Haha. Got me too. Now I have to explain to my 7 year old this is not a real thing.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yay my first marvel movie that I get to see with everyone else after seeing all the movies this past year :)