Toy Story 4

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/toy-story-4-being-developed.php

Tom Hanks revealed that he believed Pixar was actively working on Toy Story 4, and although the studio hasn’t confirmed the comment, it doesn’t exactly seem out of line considering their current love affair with returning to characters of the past, the amount of money that was made on the last one, and a few other hints and things left unsaid.

Director Lee Unkrich commented last year that they would try to find ways for the characters to stay alive (shorts were one method), and Tim Allen even signed a contract for a fourth movie.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope they don't. I am huge fan of PIXAR and the Toy Story franchise but the last one was a fitting ending. I really hope they rethink this.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
I hope they don't. I am huge fan of PIXAR and the Toy Story franchise but the last one was a fitting ending. I really hope they rethink this.

I said the same thing when Toy Story 3 came out and yet they proved they could do it. That said I think they shouldn't do any more feature length movies. The short they did before Cars 2 was fantastic and I think that is the direction they need to go with this series.

Brandon_Webb

Registered
Reaction score
I said the same thing when Toy Story 3 came out and yet they proved they could do it. That said I think they shouldn't do any more feature length movies. The short they did before Cars 2 was fantastic and I think that is the direction they need to go with this series.
Really? They had an absolutely insane run of box office smash movies while being critically acclaimed. They finally slipped up an made an average movie and you think they should give it up and make shorts? I think I'll side with their track record and they'll be fine. Financially too I don't see anyway shorts could possibly match the money they make from the feature films either.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Really? They had an absolutely insane run of box office smash movies while being critically acclaimed. They finally slipped up an made an average movie and you think they should give it up and make shorts? I think I'll side with their track record and they'll be fine. Financially too I don't see anyway shorts could possibly match the money they make from the feature films either.

Pixar has always been about the story and it seems like Toy Story has run its story telling course. Don't worry about them since they have a bunch of movies in the pipeline. Even their first critically bad movie is making a ton of cash. It is in fact ahead of the original Cars in terms of box office.

Brandon_Webb

Registered
Reaction score
Pixar has always been about the story and it seems like Toy Story has run its story telling course. Don't worry about them since they have a bunch of movies in the pipeline. Even their first critically bad movie is making a ton of cash. It is in fact ahead of the original Cars in terms of box office.

Agreed, plus the cash they make from all the toys and other merchandise on those movies especially Cars has to be ridiculous. I hope they come out with more original movies instead of continuing a run of sequels.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

The short was great but my problem is not "if" they could do it. My problem is they had a great wrap-up. There is no reason to do anymore of them. It lessons the "finale" of that movie if they continue for me.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pixar’s ‘Toy Story 4′ Set to Play in Theaters in 2017

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/john-lasseter-to-direct-toy-story-4-out-in-2017-1201349848/

John Lasseter will return to direct Pixar Animation Studios’ “Toy Story 4″ that Disney will release on June 16, 2017.

Tom Hanks and Tim Allen will reprise their roles as Woody and Buzz Lightyear.

Walt Disney Co. chief Bob Iger made the project announcement to Wall Street analysts as he discussed the company’s fourth quarter and fiscal year results on Thursday.

Iger gave few details of the fourth film in the franchise other than Lasseter’s return to the director’s chair. But Disney followed up the announcement, to add that Rashida Jones and Will McCormack (“Celeste and Jesse Forever”) have joined the project as writers, while Pixar vet Galyn Susman (ABC’s “Toy Story OF Terror! and “Toy Story that Time Forgot”) will produce the toon.

“Toy Story 4″ will open a new chapter in the lives of Woody, Buzz Lightyear and the “Toy Story” gang, Disney said, with Lasseter having come up with the idea for the fourth installment with Andrew Stanton, Pete Docter and Lee Unkrich, behind all three “Toy Story” films.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only way this movie could work is if Andy is married and has a kid of his own and he finds the toys and let's his son or daughter play with them.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
He doesn't own the toys anymore. The little girl does. They will probably have the story line follow her and her family.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He doesn't own the toys anymore. The little girl does. They will probably have the story line follow her and her family.

I know but if Andy is married, that little girl is grown up and maybe Andy buys the toys in a garage sale or something. Who knows? :)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

the last one made 800 million dollars.

they will keep making these until they don't make money, especially considering the problems Pixar has apparently been having with their last couple movies (firing the Brave director mid movie, doing the same and moving The Good Dinosaur a full year back).

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

they will keep making these until they don't make money, especially considering the problems Pixar has apparently been having with their last couple movies (firing the Brave director mid movie, doing the same and moving The Good Dinosaur a full year back).

Pixar wasn't apart of Brave I thought. It was one of Disney's first animated film without Pixar. Wasn't it. To tired to look it up.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
brave did well didnt it?

Good to see Disney getting back on track lately.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Pixar wasn't apart of Brave I thought. It was one of Disney's first animated film without Pixar. Wasn't it. To tired to look it up.

Disney's first animated film without Pixar was called Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. ;)

Actually, their first film after the Pixar merger that wasn't "Pixar" I believe was Tangled.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I know but it so diminishes the end of Toy Story 3.

Also, I read an article that the PIXAR team is a bit pissed off at Lasseter. Evidently he has spent all of his time on the Disney Animation side of things revamping that team over the last few years and very little on the PIXAR side. Not surprising problems followed for Pixar and Disney Animation took off.

Not surprising Lasseter himself will be directing Toy Story 4.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know but it so diminishes the end of Toy Story 3.

I hear ya. unfortunately, Hollywood will always favor $ over art and Pixar has been having problems and needs a sure fire hit soon.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hear ya. unfortunately, Hollywood will always favor $ over art and Pixar has been having problems and needs a sure fire hit soon.

Maybe it's time those two sides of the "house" to merge. I mean obviously JL is a major major cog in the wheels that turn both Disney Animation and Pixar. His focus seems to impact both sides accordingly.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's time those two sides of the "house" to merge. I mean obviously JL is a major major cog in the wheels that turn both Disney Animation and Pixar. His focus seems to impact both sides accordingly.

they can make more $ apart.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Toy Story 4

Release date: June 21, 2019 (3D/2D theaters and IMAX)
Studio: Disney•Pixar
Director: Josh Cooley
MPAA Rating: N/A
Screenwriters: Rashida Jones, Will McCormack, Stephany Folsom
Genre: Comedy, Action, Animation

Starring: Tim Allen, Tom Hanks, Annie Potts, Patricia Arquette, Joan Cusack

Plot Summary: Woody (voice of Tom Hanks) has always been confident about his place in the world, and that his priority is taking care of his kid, whether that’s Andy or Bonnie. So when Bonnie’s beloved new craft-project-turned-toy, Forky (voice of Tony Hale), declares himself as “trash” and not a toy, Woody takes it upon himself to show Forky why he should embrace being a toy. But when Bonnie takes the whole gang on her family’s road trip excursion, Woody ends up on an unexpected detour that includes a reunion with his long-lost friend Bo Peep (voice of Annie Potts). After years of being on her own, Bo’s adventurous spirit and life on the road belie her delicate porcelain exterior. As Woody and Bo realize they’re worlds apart when it comes to life as a toy, they soon come to find that’s the least of their worries.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
We saw it last night. I thought they should have left well enough alone after TS 3 but we both thoroughly enjoyed TS 4. It was funnier and darker than the others. TS 3 is still our favorite.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
We saw it last night. I thought they should have left well enough alone after TS 3 but we both thoroughly enjoyed TS 4. It was funnier and darker than the others. TS 3 is still our favorite.

What do you mean by darker? Darker comedy, darker characters, or something else?

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
What do you mean by darker? Darker comedy, darker characters, or something else?
Hi Shaggy. Probably not that dark for you and I but the movie is aimed at young children and they may be a bit unsettled. Mostly darker characters than the other 3. It was even a little creepy for me for that type of movie.