2019 Free Agency

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, technically Tyler's is back loaded isn't it?

Yes. He signed a 4 year $50 million dollar contract offer from the Nets, the first 2 years paid him only $5 million and the last 2 seasons paid out almost $20 million each. When a contract is backloaded like that, with a sort of poison pill type of structure, the team who matches has the choice of electing to count it against the cap as it is or spread it evenly over the length of the deal. That was changed in the last CBA so teams could average it if they wanted, so the Heat screwed up by choosing to keep the annual terms the Nets set.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's easy to free up cap space , just stretching Johnson gives them enough for oubre and randle after that a salary dump of Warren or JJ gets the pg

If Oubre is offered by another team in free agency they only have so much time to match. Randle is probably going to command $15 million plus in free agency.

The Suns will have to move Warren and Jackson which may be easier said than done.

Timing will be everything to accomplish the above.

If the Suns add a point guard after keeping Oubre and acquiring Randle, it will be one of the lower priced point guards.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
If Oubre is offered by another team in free agency they only have so much time to match. Randle is probably going to command $15 million plus in free agency.

The Suns will have to move Warren and Jackson which may be easier said than done.

If the Suns add a point guard after keeping Oubre and acquiring Randle, it will be one of the lower priced point guards.
Gambo keeps saying we are going to use the MLE for a PG. So by definition it will be one of the less pricey PGs. I don't know how we are supposed to pay for Oubre. Gambo has mentioned that trading Warren, which his sources say the Suns will do, can free up enough space to sign a Randle. I know Dedmon was mentioned as being a favorite of Monty Williams. Not sure if that's instead of Randle, or in addition to Randle, and how that can be done money wise. I am also reading that our two draft picks are a burden money wise for the Suns. Those should be two of our cheaper signings. I will be amazed if the Suns can accomplish half of what has been rumored money wise.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score

It really just depends on how much they want the cap room, the hard part is getting fair value for the salary dump which isn't possible for JJ , honestly if they can actually sign randle or long shot DLo I don't care if they only get like a 2nd round pick for Warren just get that salary off the books and make moves , they have roughly 22 million including the hold so you'll get rid of some of that for oubre but Johnson and Warren equal around 20 million I think I read if they get rid of JJ as well it's at like 24mil

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambo keeps saying we are going to use the MLE for a PG. So by definition it will be one of the less pricey PGs. I don't know how we are supposed to pay for Oubre. Gambo has mentioned that trading Warren, which his sources say the Suns will do, can free up enough space to sign a Randle. I know Dedmon was mentioned as being a favorite of Monty Williams. Not sure if that's instead of Randle, or in addition to Randle, and how that can be done money wise. I am also reading that our two draft picks are a burden money wise for the Suns. Those should be two of our cheaper signings. I will be amazed if the Suns can accomplish half of what has been rumored money wise.

I don't think the Suns will be able to accomplish it all.

The Suns can exceed the cap to match Oubre but I doubt if they have the money to sign Randle, keep Oubre, sign Dedmon and add a MLE point guard. Something has to give somewhere.

Trading Warren and Jackson plus extending and waiving Johnson would help. I'm thinking if the Suns add Randle they will not be willing to keep Oubre.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It really just depends on how much they want the cap room, the hard part is getting fair value for the salary dump which isn't possible for JJ , honestly if they can actually sign randle or long shot DLo I don't care if they only get like a 2nd round pick for Warren just get that salary off the books and make moves , they have roughly 22 million including the hold so you'll get rid of some of that for oubre but Johnson and Warren equal around 20 million I think I read if they get rid of JJ as well it's at like 24mil

I agree, the Suns are not going to get full value for Jackson and Warren if they trade them.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry I thought you were asking about Tyler's contract, not Bledsoe's.

Yeah. Tyler Johnson's contract was back loaded as the result of him signing an offer sheet with the Nets.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

If Warren was a UFA he would get at least as much as he is currently making.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn)
6/18/19, 12:21 PM
Sacramento Kings forward Harrison Barnes is declining his $25.1M player option and becoming an unrestricted free agent, his agent, Jeff Schwartz of Excel Sports, tells ESPN. Barnes, 27, and Kings are open to exploring a new deal together this summer, sources said.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some Suns targets at point guard.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I heard Beverley is interested in signing with the Lakers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard