Josh Jackson Arrested

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Dude. Aren’t you the one that says words matter? That’s a ridiculous response from you. I was responding to “I would always believe a police officer over a suspect. Always.” White privilege is unknown to most caucasians as in understanding how much easier they have it than other races. It’s too bad that we can’t experience what it’s like to live in a different skin. I guarantee you that your perspective would change. And this is coming from a white man. I have been told some ridiculous stories about how some of my black friends have been treated by the police.
I understand and fully accept white privilege. And I recognize it colors my experience and experience. But a black man’s personal or group experience doesn’t change the facts. It certainly helps to form their perception and reactions - I totally get, and respect, that. But I don’t think it means that in reality the vast majority of law enforcement officials are trustworthy verses not. At least that’s my perception and hope.

And i might be getting this wrong, but the “always” that was stated was in respect to a scenario where none of the facts are known. In other words the poster is predisposed to believe an officer of the law over someone he doesn’t know until the facts come out. That doesn’t mean that benefit of the doubt is cast in stone. And I don’t think it’s unreasonable. What I do find disturbing is people that are predisposed to believe the police are lying. Again, I understand a black person having that perception, and it saddens and angers me that their life’s experiences have lead them there.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I understand and fully accept white privilege. And I recognize it colors my experience and experience. But a black man’s personal or group experience doesn’t change the facts. It certainly helps to form their perception and reactions - I totally get, and respect, that. But I don’t think it means that in reality the vast majority of law enforcement officials are trustworthy verses not. At least that’s my perception and hope.

And i might be getting this wrong, but the “always” that was stated was in respect to a scenario where none of the facts are known. In other words the poster is predisposed to believe an officer of the law over someone he doesn’t know until the facts come out. That doesn’t mean that benefit of the doubt is cast in stone. And I don’t think it’s unreasonable. What I do find disturbing is people that are predisposed to believe the police are lying. Again, I understand a black person having that perception, and it saddens and angers me that their life’s experiences have lead them there.
Not predisposed to lying, but accepting that it can happen. I have had great police officers respond to situations, and I have had some that you really wonder. I had one officer tell me the way to solve a drunken person who came into our garage to yell at my wife and kids was to put two in his chest next time. I believe he was a Sargent, too. How is that being a "peace officer?" Police officers are people, too. People are human. Until I know what happened, I don't take either side. I have seen it both ways.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not predisposed to lying, but accepting that it can happen. I have had great police officers respond to situations, and I have had some that you really wonder. I had one officer tell me the way to solve a drunken person who came into our garage to yell at my wife and kids was to put two in his chest next time. I believe he was a Sargent, too. How is that being a "peace officer?" Police officers are people, too. People are human. Until I know what happened, I don't take either side. I have seen it both ways.
Fair

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Some might say that "busting and giving tickets" IS protecting and serving.

I think I would.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No way resisting arrest sticks now. Just some DA trying to get a plea

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm glad the felony charges were dropped but I think that kills any chance of more information being released about what went down. He'll likely end up with a plea that gives him some sort of fine and community service hours in exchange for pleading guilty to disorderly conduct.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tatum has been pretty good, he went #3. I know his rookie season was better than his 2nd year but the Celtics stumbled as a whole, it wasn't just Tatum.
That is fair.
I don’t watch a lot of Celtics games.
I do watch a lot of sports center and the sports casters do seem to single Tatum out a lot.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tatum has been pretty good, he went #3. I know his rookie season was better than his 2nd year but the Celtics stumbled as a whole, it wasn't just Tatum.

I would say he's been pretty average which was impressive for a rookie but less so for a 2nd year. He wasn't quite as effective this past season but he did achieve modest gains in points per game, rebounds and steals although "modest" is almost an understatement. Anyway, he showed signs of future stardom his rookie year but with virtually no growth, that future seems less likely now.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
I would say he's been pretty average which was impressive for a rookie but less so for a 2nd year. He wasn't quite as effective this past season but he did achieve modest gains in points per game, rebounds and steals although "modest" is almost an understatement. Anyway, he showed signs of future stardom his rookie year but with virtually no growth, that future seems less likely now.
I never understood the love affair with tatum he had a good rookie year and is a solid player but I never saw the future top 5 player that ESPN made him out to be , I only saw a player with maybe a few all star appearances in his future

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It’s interesting. It might be that Tatum is actually who a lot of us thought he was . . . a high floor but lower ceiling guy. It would make sense that he show early and then fade in terms of development. It’s atill too early to make that kind of call. But everyone that was trumpeting their keen eye for talent that pimped Tatum last year might just have been a lot premature.

I’m not predicting this, but it’s still a possibility that JJ surpasses Tatum eventually. I’m not even saying it’s close to likely. But the story on these two has yet to be even partially written. I recall guys like Stephen Jackson who didn’t blossom until much later in their careers. If the lightbulb goes on for JJ I think he Pasea Tatum as a player.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never understood the love affair with tatum he had a good rookie year and is a solid player but I never saw the future top 5 player that ESPN made him out to be , I only saw a player with maybe a few all star appearances in his future

It's always difficult to gauge how much improvement you can expect from a 19 year old with a mature game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah espn went waaaaay over the top in that one.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

A lot of this.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave