2019 NBA Playoff Discussion

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also think that in a massive arena there are going to be classes people in any city. And you're obviously going to hear the jerks cheering and booing much better than the people looking on in silence.

Here are Warrior fans booing the refs for calling Zaza for a foul when he went at Leonard's ankles, even as Leonard lay on the court clearly injured.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

@LoyaltyisaCurse wildly cheers for team and it's players who intentionally try to break ankles and kick others in the balls. reading his sanctimonious mush-mouth here is laughable. People in glass houses...

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I also cannot believe how little of the Durant fallout is blowing towards the Warriors medical staff and trainers. The idea that he strained his calf and then, as a total coincidence, tore his achillies immediately upon returning is a stretch.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m not so sure about that. I am pretty much an extremely passionate fan with high emotions, but I never ever celebrate injury.

That’s good but have you been to an NFL game? Or a game in general it’s pretty classless in the stands

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He said "every fan base," not "every fan."

I wouldn't cheer an injury either, but that said, a lot depends on the opposing player. Durant is a ring-chasing punk who hilariously tries to act gangsta in order to disguise how uncool he is. (Seriously, what's with the constant hoodie?) I'm not happy to see him injured, but I am happy to see him fail.

So he’s a “gangster” because he’s wearing the official team sideline hoodies by Nike?

Yeah that wasn’t racist at all.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He said "every fan base," not "every fan."

I wouldn't cheer an injury either, but that said, a lot depends on the opposing player. Durant is a ring-chasing punk who hilariously tries to act gangsta in order to disguise how uncool he is. (Seriously, what's with the constant hoodie?) I'm not happy to see him injured, but I am happy to see him fail.

The only other time I've heard someone claim wearing a hoodie makes them a gangsta is when George Zimmerman tried making that exact claim. What is it about a hoodie that makes you believe someone is trying to act gangsta?

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Adam Fromal‏Verified account @fromal09
Stephen Curry is averaging 32.4 points with a 60.7 true shooting percentage in the 2019 NBA Finals. List of players to match or exceed those numbers in league history:

1991-92 Michael Jordan
2001-02 Shaquille O'Neal
2016-17 Kevin Durant
2016-17 LeBron James
2017-18 LeBron James

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I also think that in a massive arena there are going to be classes people in any city. And you're obviously going to hear the jerks cheering and booing much better than the people looking on in silence.

Here are Warrior fans booing the refs for calling Zaza for a foul when he went at Leonard's ankles, even as Leonard lay on the court clearly injured.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I don’t think you can remotely compare the situations. Booing refs for calling a foul is more in line with typical heat of the moment fan reaction. I certainly do not recall thousands of Warriors fans erupting in elation when they knew/realized Leonard was seriously injured. It wasn’t just one or two random ******* fans it was a significant percentage of the crowd.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
@LoyaltyisaCurse wildly cheers for team and it's players who intentionally try to break ankles and kick others in the balls. reading his sanctimonious mush-mouth here is laughable. People in glass houses...
What a crock of horse-poo. You are the one coming off as sanctimonious, Cheese. Zaza was a psychical dirty player at times, but if you actually think his intent was to jack up Leonard’s career you are dead wrong. I think you know why players all over the NBA on every team stick their legs and/ or feet in a shooter landing space. It’s to get in their head and make them think about something other than the bucket. It’s a reckless, dangerous and dirty tactic. Green also crosses lines evey season at times as well. But, if you want to compare that to a crowd of ravenous blood thirsty fans erupting in joy at possible career ruining injury for a shot at one championship THAT is the height of ridiculousness.

I suppose you in all your benevolent fanhood have never passionately supported your favorite team despite having a dirty player on the roster? Please...

Last edited:

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I also cannot believe how little of the Durant fallout is blowing towards the Warriors medical staff and trainers. The idea that he strained his calf and then, as a total coincidence, tore his achillies immediately upon returning is a stretch.
It’s starting to build...they were discussing it a bit on ESPN early this morning.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
That’s good but have you been to an NFL game? Or a game in general it’s pretty classless in the stands
Several...I’ve never witnessed any Cards fans cheer a player’s injury. But, yes, I’ve had douche Niner fans trying to start a fight with me because I asked them to stop screaming non-stop vile things to Cards fans in our section in front of my oldest son who was 5 at the time.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I guess that's because Myers at the press conference said to blame him for what happened. I agree the medical staff should be getting more heat. I said it all along i did not believe he would play and I certainly didn't think he SHOULD play. Too much risk.

It's very much like Jerry Rice coming back from ACL and then breaking his patella, all the denials from 49ers that it was related when everyone who knew anything about it knew they literally tell people who had the surgery he had, your patella is at more risk of fracture now because the way they attach the grafted ACL to the kneecap is stronger than the natural connection. So if you have a severe torque situation, the kneecap breaks because the attachment is stronger.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only other time I've heard someone claim wearing a hoodie makes them a gangsta is when George Zimmerman tried making that exact claim. What is it about a hoodie that makes you believe someone is trying to act gangsta?

With Durant I think it's vanity not wannabe gangsta, he has a noticeable loss of hair that he likes to cover. The other thing of course is they warm up or play and then go sit. NBA arenas have AC so if you're sitting there sweating you can start to get cold. So they wear sweats on the bench. Curry prefers to put a towel over his head.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOcal rumor is Looney is going to try and play Thursday.

And on the Durant coming back too fast there were apparently rumors that even former player David West said he'd heard that players were frustrated Durant didn't play in game 4. That Looney and Klay were busting tail to get back and some people felt Durant should have played. I have no idea if that's true or not but man should they feel stupid now if it is.

I sure wish we still had West, his toughness would sure help for 10-15 minutes, and he can make a 12 foot shot.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LOcal rumor is Looney is going to try and play Thursday.

And on the Durant coming back too fast there were apparently rumors that even former player David West said he'd heard that players were frustrated Durant didn't play in game 4. That Looney and Klay were busting tail to get back and some people felt Durant should have played. I have no idea if that's true or not but man should they feel stupid now if it is.

I sure wish we still had West, his toughness would sure help for 10-15 minutes, and he can make a 12 foot shot.

I thought players were mad he wasn't there, not that he didn't play. Apparently he wasn't there for the game even to provide support and that bothered guys since most were playing hurt so him showing up is the least he could do. I could be wrong but I thought I heard Jalen Rose talk about that.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought players were mad he wasn't there, not that he didn't play. Apparently he wasn't there for the game even to provide support and that bothered guys since most were playing hurt so him showing up is the least he could do. I could be wrong but I thought I heard Jalen Rose talk about that.

There is talk they were mad he didn't play but no specifics, which player etc

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
So he’s a “gangster” because he’s wearing the official team sideline hoodies by Nike?

Yeah that wasn’t racist at all.

Oh please. I can't think of any star player in the league who wears his hoodie more consistently, and more conspicuously, than Durant. He even has the hood covering his head when he's on the bench during games, most of the time. Are you trying to tell me he's cold? It's an affect, plain and simple.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh please. I can't think of any star player in the league who wears his hoodie more consistently, and more conspicuously, than Durant. He even has the hood covering his head when he's on the bench during games, most of the time. Are you trying to tell me he's cold? It's an affect, plain and simple.

Saying he wears his hoodie more than anyone else does not say how wearing a hoodie is "gangsta". Plenty of people wear hoodies and aren't gangstas, what makes Durant special? Is there a certain amount of time someone needs to wear a hoodie to be a gangsta, like 70%?

You're the one who claimed that's why he wears it and when called out for how racist that sounds you just want to act like you're above being racist when your comments that led to this discussion say otherwise.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
All I can say is, I have seen people, no matter their motives, wear hoodies and NOT appear to be gangsta, even if that's what they were trying for. I notice millienials wear them a lot, and it's usually for keeping warm or for shade. Older people tend to wear hats. I think it's kind of a fashion thing.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All I can say is, I have seen people, no matter their motives, wear hoodies and NOT appear to be gangsta, even if that's what they were trying for. I notice millienials wear them a lot, and it's usually for keeping warm or for shade. Older people tend to wear hats. I think it's kind of a fashion thing.

Of course players can't wear hats on the bench either so they're limited in how they can cover themselves. They could wear a towel like Curry or Nash used to or wear a hoodie like Durant. I've never paid much attention to what they wear on the bench. The league only allows players to wear certain items so it's not like players can be picky.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m not so sure about that. I am pretty much an extremely passionate fan with high emotions, but I never ever celebrate injury.

You are not at all wrong to criticize the fans who cheered when KD was down. But I don’t really get why you need to blame the whole country and post memes calling Canada trash. Curry took a higher road in the postgame.

I mean, a lot of Warriors fans have also been Raiders fans, who have certainly cheered injury over time. We don’t assume all Californians are that. Anyway, the fans were pretty swiftly denounced and I assume most of the fan base is more than a little embarrassed.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are not at all wrong to criticize the fans who cheered when KD was down. But I don’t really get why you need to blame the whole country and post memes calling Canada trash. Curry took a higher road in the postgame.

I mean, a lot of Warriors fans have also been Raiders fans, who have certainly cheered injury over time. We don’t assume all Californians are that. Anyway, the fans were pretty swiftly denounced and I assume most of the fan base is more than a little embarrassed.

I've been doing my best to stay out of this discussion but I think some of those Raptor fans who did cheer had no idea of the seriousness of the Durant injury.

I believe many were chiding Durant... not the injury.

This of course not lesson the fact they did cheer.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Not ALL Canadians are nice. I have gone to my fair share of hockey games, and played golf with multitudes of Canadians. Not ALL Americans are *****! :)