Patrick Peterson suspended for PED’s - Suspended 6 games

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone said it earlier but I also think Tre Boston makes a ton of sense as Budda may be paying in the slot to start.

Tre and DJ would be a good compliment while Deonte Thompson gets used to the NFL pace of play.
we signed two FA corners and drafted murphy. I think we were planning for this all along.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
seriously. what an entitled freaking baby.

Hey... I cheated the league... now rework my contract so it doesn't effect my bottom line... even though it WILL effect the upcoming season.

*** PEDerson.
Wow...so miss 6 games for using banned PEDs--significantly hurting teams chances to win--and it's the team's responsibility to make sure you don't lose money? Really? If they do that, your suspension turns into a vacation. LMAO!

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Agree... I’d make him play his remaining two years or sit out. He’s no spring chicken and as you said feels the need to use enhancements in order to keep up.

Sweet another Leveon Bell, I can't wait!

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dumb, dumb, dumb and he was a big brother role model to the Honey Badger. He was upset at the Cards for not renewing his contract so he wouldn't lose money. Wow, gimme a break.
He needs to look in the mirror and take the blame like a man. Very, very disappointing.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Dumb, dumb, dumb and he was a big brother role model to the Honey Badger. He was upset at the Cards for not renewing his contract so he wouldn't lose money. Wow, gimme a break.
He needs to look in the mirror and take the blame like a man. Very, very disappointing.

He was chumming it up with Darnell Dockett and TM. Bunch of big shots.

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
At least the pre-draft tantrum makes sense now.

I'm not angry with PP like some seem to be. I'm disappointed, of course, both in the willingness to cheat and the tantrum when he got caught.

Now, it is time to see how he responds. I agree with whoever said, it is all on him. The recovery is all on him, too. Let's see if he can come back from this, be as dominant without the PEDs, and is willing to focus on work.

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
Wow. PP21. Low character moves. I hope he turns things around, but I bet he's played his last in a Cards jersey.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
When Brady was suspended for 4 games in 2017 the Patriots restructured his contract to where he only made $1 million in salary that year. The rest ($13 million) was converted to a signing bonus which was protected from forfeiting in a suspension.
Brady didn't get suspended for PEDs though

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
I know the Brady situation was completely different. I was just providing an example where the team restructured a player’s contract before an impending suspension.

Maybe that’s what Peterson’s camp for hoping for.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Oh please TJ stop with the “he’s untouchable” BS. Rip the C off his chest & make a statement to see how bad #21 wants to be in Zona

This is strike 2 against him in the eyes of his bosses. Who has been the best WR in football for 5 years? He kept pushing buttons on & off the field & guess what happened to him. Yes, he got shipped off for pennies on the dollar. It happens bro.

Hey Pat P is a helluva CB, but imo he still doesn’t maximize his efforts to help a Big Red win on the field. He loafs on PRs, he only tackles when he wants among other things. Demanding a trade & now this? When do you dump him & call a spade a spade?

Bottom line is you can’t keep hiking your leg on your franchise & not be dealt to get what you can get. I’ll personally be shocked if he gets another deal in Arizona when his contract is up. Tick tick tick.

Oh BTW this is ALL on Pat P nobody else!!!

Patrick Peterson is the best cover corner in the game right now, one of the two most valuable players on the team, and will be enshrined in Canton when his career is over. He is also in his twenties with no evidence of decline. In fact, the six games he's going to miss will be the first six games he's ever missed in the NFL.

Barring some godfather offer from another team, trading Peterson would be a fool's errand and a completely emotional, knee-jerk response. You don't get better trading away guys like Peterson. You simply don't.

Sure, rip the C off of his chest, but trading him is just dumb. See how Oakland is coping with getting rid of Khalil Mack. Their defense was atrocious and will be bottom-tier again.

It's actually a much smarter move to extend Patrick Peterson at this point because this situation will devalue him some.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Summary of his side story third party via Bickley:

Patrick was feeling sluggish after the season due to his Type 2 Diabetes

He sought out things to raise his energy level.

He tested positive for what he took.

He went to the team and asked for help since he didn't knowingly violate the banned substances

Team said no they can't do that. He is responsible for what he puts in his body

He asked that this not come out until after his charity event

It's released right before the event

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I will say this though: how many of us on this board would be willing to take Adderall or other PEDS if we knew it would allow us to play a sport that paid seven to $10 million a year? I’m not excusing it, but that’d be pretty tempting for me to do and I consider myself a pretty ethical person.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bob McManaman (@azbobbymac)
5/16/19, 2:05 PM
If Patrick Peterson took a banned substance without his knowledge to combat something, this is what the NFL Players Association clearly states on its website: “The final responsibility rests with you to ensure that you do not take a banned substance."

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave