Suns have 6th pick and 32nd pick in 2019 draft.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The Suns own two overall selections in the 2019 NBA Draft; in addition to the No. 6 overall pick, the Suns also possess the No. 32 pick, as confirmed by the results of the Lottery tonight. The 2019 NBA Draft will be held on Thursday, June 20, at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

Who do we pick at each spot?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The Suns own two overall selections in the 2019 NBA Draft; in addition to the No. 6 overall pick, the Suns also possess the No. 32 pick, as confirmed by the results of the Lottery tonight. The 2019 NBA Draft will be held on Thursday, June 20, at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

No one that will make a difference.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Garland at 6 and trade up to late teens using the 2nd rounder and the Milwaukee pick to get Clarke.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Garland at 6 and trade up to late teens using the 2nd rounder and the Milwaukee pick to get Clarke.

I could get behind that IF we also acquired a veteran point guard...but I think Garland will be off the board by then...

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I could get behind that IF we also acquired a veteran point guard...but I think Garland will be off the board by then...
How do you figure? We're only talking about picks 3, 4, and 5. The Knicks are going for Barrett. That leaves the Lakers and the Cavs. Pretty sure the Lakers won't pick Garland because of Ball (and Garland isn't necessarily rated as the 4th best player in this draft). As for the Cavs, it depends how much they like Sexton. He killed it the last part of the season this year, so I'm not sure they want another PG. They might take a hard look at Culver to pair with Sexton. Leaving Garland and/or White for us.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
How do you figure? We're only talking about picks 3, 4, and 5. The Knicks are going for Barrett. That leaves the Lakers and the Cavs. Pretty sure the Lakers won't pick Garland because of Ball (and Garland isn't necessarily rated as the 4th best player in this draft). As for the Cavs, it depends how much they like Sexton. He killed it the last part of the season this year, so I'm not sure they want another PG. They might take a hard look at Culver to pair with Sexton. Leaving Garland and/or White for us.

I still have a feeling Garland is going #4 to the Lakers, especially with the Rich Paul connection.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

With all the Ball trade rumble I could see him being moved, James is too ball dominant to maximize Balls best attribute, I could see them dumping ball and grabbing Gurland for his shooting helping stretch the floor for the Lakers.

Side note I could see the Suns moving 7 for a vet like Ball since they have always had interest in him

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
With all the Ball trade rumble I could see him being moved, James is too ball dominant to maximize Balls best attribute, I could see them dumping ball and grabbing Gurland for his shooting helping stretch the floor for the Lakers.

Side not I could see the Suns moving 7 for a vet like Ball since they have always had interest in him
IF Garland is taken by the Lakers, than I would think we would push for something like that.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm not sure who we end up with but I'll go on record and say that the #32 pick is more likely to be on our opening day roster than the #6 pick.

If we don't trade out of the 1st round entirely then I think we'll overspend to trade up. I'm not saying I want to overspend to move up but I guess the question there would be the cost.

Some combination of the #6, Warren, Tyler Johnson, the Bucks pick, and future picks of our own would all be in play. Using any of our picks with top 5-10 protection wouldn't be terrible, provided it's for Morant. I fear we'll move up to take Barrett, similar to last year with how we traded for Bridges.

Last edited:

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Maybe Jackson straight up for Ball, I could see. Anything more than that is a massive overpay.

Your over valuing Jackson trade value is peanuts now, too many issues and inconsistencies, his value is dead and there are rumors they wanna dump him, his salary matches

Log jam at wings I could see he did enough that Suns dump him, the GM had to sign autographs and give fans Tecate I could see them just wanting to move him to wash there hands

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your over valuing Jackson trade value is peanuts now, too many issues and inconsistencies, his value is dead and there are rumors they wanna dump him, his salary matches

Log jam at wings I could see he did enough that Suns dump him, the GM had to sign autographs and give fans Tecate I could see them just wanting to move him to wash there hands

You are overvaluing Lonzo. The Lakers had to fly to Cleveland and threaten to void his contract to keep him from having a surgery that was deemed unnecessary by the Lakers medical staff. They've had issues with him and his father since he's been drafted and he hasn't produced on the floor, when he's been healthy enough to play. Jackson's value may not be high but Ball's isn't much different.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Lonzo can't shoot or dribble.

I'd rather take Garland and deal with Rich Paul then Lonzo and deal with Lavar Ball.

I don't think Rich Paul wants his client to go to the Lakers so they can use him as trade bait for Anthony Davis.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lonzo can't shoot or dribble.

I'd rather take Garland and deal with Rich Paul then Lonzo and deal with Lavar Ball.

I don't think Rich Paul wants his client to go to the Lakers so they can use him as trade bait for Anthony Davis.
I don’t quite get that logic. Seems like he WOULD want his client to go to the Lakers so his other client can get traded where he wants to go, and his boss (LeBron) get the running mate he really wants. Why would Rich Paul put the interests of Garland above AD and LeBron. And even then, what say in it does Rich Paul have anyway? He can’t prevent the Lakers from drafting Garland. Also, getting traded to the Pels to be matched up with Zion would be a pretty cool gig for a rookie pg.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I don’t quite get that logic. Seems like he WOULD want his client to go to the Lakers so his other client can get traded where he wants to go, and his boss (LeBron) get the running mate he really wants. Why would Rich Paul put the interests of Garland above AD and LeBron. And even then, what say in it does Rich Paul have anyway? He can’t prevent the Lakers from drafting Garland. Also, getting traded to the Pels to be matched up with Zion would be a pretty cool gig for a rookie pg.

???

Why should Rich Paul care who they trade for AD? An Anthony Davis trade does not hinge on Darius Garland. Seem more logical to me that the Lakers draft Culver or whoever and trade him to New Orleans.

Unless Rich Paul wants Garland in New Orleans specifically since apparently Zion might sign with Rich Paul too.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose