Players we Had but got rid of way Too Soon

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Name the 1 player over the years that you feel the Strongest about Cards' management trading, cutting, or allowing to walk away way too soon. State what happened to him after leaving the Cardinals.

I have several, but just 1 from each poster, so I will pick a recent one in John 'Smokey' Brown. Nothing more exciting than the long bomb to your speedster. He had good year w/ the Ravens, but I suppose they didn't want to pay him. Buffalo will love him and were willing to offer him a 3 yr 27 mil contract. Good for him.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Many, many more blunders under Bill Bidwill. I'm sure I'm missing many more

Joe Namath QB
MacArthur Lane RB
Charlie Johnson QB
Bobbie Moore (Ahmad Rashad) RB
Dave Butz DL
Ottis Anderson RB
Jay Novacek TE
Vai Sikahema KR
Tim McDonald DB
Ricky Proehl WR
Jamir Miller LB

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We basically traded him for Andre Roberts (3rd) and O’Brien Schofield (4th)

Wish we had selected Antonio Brown in the 3rd round instead.
Didn’t we get Kerry Rhodes in that trade too? He was damn good. Ten times the player Michael Sam was and still shunned. This was how I knew the rams would never keep him.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Novacek and Dave Butz are the 2 most irritating losses to me.Butz could have anchored the defense for a decade and Novacek would have been the best TE since Jackie Smith.Rob Awalt gets a mention here also.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Didn’t we get Kerry Rhodes in that trade too? He was damn good. Ten times the player Michael Sam was and still shunned. This was how I knew the rams would never keep him.
he played at high level with us
still remeber about dockett spat on him just because he followed head coach instructions

at 30 he decide to retire doing modelling

then there was some rumors about him being gay

didnt care about his sexual preference, he was a very good safety, but probably other teams did care about it
for me the safety duo rhodes and wilson was amazing
lenght, ball hawk,tackling

and with them there was at his prime daryl washinton, the best talented linebacker i watched
so much talent wasted the 58

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I came in here to make a joke reply, and then you got me all riled up. Kerry Rhodes deserved a hell of a lot better. That guy was a very solid player, and seemed to be a good person on and off the field.

Shame on the teams who let something like that take precedence over the product on the field, including us. Especially worse, considering we're giving guys that assault women the opportunity to slide right back into the league.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose