Rumor: Patrick Peterson to be traded or not or maybe

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't agree. They earn every penny of those guaranteed dollars in the MLB. 162 games plus playoffs and spring training is no walk in the park. Shannon Sharpe even admitted to this.. guys sign contracts for a reason. I think it's simple..some guys greed and ego run a little deeper than others.. Just a little weak to blame it on non guaranteed vs guaranteed.. But thats Jmo

You don't agree that they don't deserve guaranteed contracts. Do you understand the punishment these players put their bodies through in the name of the sport? No major sports league needs guaranteed contracts more, and they are the only ones that don't have it.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the problem with releasing and all pro and potential HOF player is that you likely get a marginal player in return.

If his career ended today, he would be a borderline HOF player already. He will be a HOFer by the end of his career, guaranteed.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Me too. Don't recall any negative stuff tied to swd1976.

Doesn't change the relationship between credibility and social media. Still gotta name sources. Still have to be believed.

Message still raises a question: Why would anyone bother to fabricate or pass along a story that a star CB on a losing team was being traded, would miss practice, didn't eat his corn flakes or whatever. (Too much idle time?)

Damn...swd1976. Cards corner?

Who is that...definitely remember them?

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Any cards fan saw what happened when A Williams left
The hole was the Grand Canyon
If you don’t love and appreciate PP you don’t belong as a fan

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I think all of this is misinformation which has trickled down to Peterson and Peterson is still sensitive from the falling out of last season. A majority of the NFL teams have some diva in them unless your winning and your coach is named Belicheck
I’m sorry Pat P got butthurt because of some former players.

Trade his sorry whiny candy ass please!

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I’m sorry Pat P got butthurt because of some former players.

Trade his sorry whiny candy ass please!

He's maybe a whiny candy ass but not sorry. The Cardinals are unique in my opinion because we really do not have any divas which for the most part is status quo to about three per team. I will say I do not expect a Charles Woodson career out of him because when his contract is up, then the team will not care to tolerate him... I do think it might not be a bad idea to draft a guy like Greedy Williams if by some means we get another higher draft pick because it takes a corner about two years to develop and trust him

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If your avatar is the logo of another team you probably aren't a fan.

It's hard to remain a lukewarm fan when you're on a forum full of hot springs and then try to educate others on proper temperature. Being a true Cardinal fan requires a constitution which is not normal to endure and still root, so it's not for everyone for good reason but then by the same token do not expect a laid back acceptance from Cardinal fans who have to be crazy to still be a fan lol

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
If your avatar is the logo of another team you probably aren't a fan.
Not true. I was born in SD, grew up in Yuma. WELL before AZ had a football team. I watch both teams every Sunday! I've seen a LOT of bad football. But I love BOTH teams. Yuma is located 180 miles from SD and Phoenix roughly. Perfectly in the middle. The move to LA sucks!

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
It's hard to remain a lukewarm fan when you're on a forum full of hot springs and then try to educate others on proper temperature. Being a true Cardinal fan requires a constitution which is not normal to endure and still root, so it's not for everyone for good reason but then by the same token do not expect a laid back acceptance from Cardinal fans who have to be crazy to still be a fan lol
8/8!

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You don't agree that they don't deserve guaranteed contracts. Do you understand the punishment these players put their bodies through in the name of the sport? No major sports league needs guaranteed contracts more, and they are the only ones that don't have it.
They do receive guarantees in their contract..right? It is what it is.. other players in the NFL are held to the same standard and they don't make a peep publicly.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They do receive guarantees in their contract..right? It is what it is.. other players in the NFL are held to the same standard and they don't make a peep publicly.

I know you are trolling. I'll just back away.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What makes you think that? Are they not legitimate questions?.... Do what ya gotta do man. We'll just agree to disagree.

Comparison of two seemingly identical 5 year - $30m contracts under a CAP system.

NHL
5 x 6 - guaranteed. $6m charged against the CAP yearly.
NFL
$10m signing bonus prorated at $2m per year over length of contract.
$4m salary over 5 years.
If team terminates contract after year one the player receives $14m and team accounts for the remainder of the bonus (dead money) under the CAP. The team could also demand a redo at any point under the threat of termination. As a result, players negotiate for high signing bonuses as they are the only true guarantee and when traded request a new deal to acquire another guarantee.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Comparison of two seemingly identical 5 year - $30m contracts under a CAP system.

NHL
5 x 6 - guaranteed. $6m charged against the CAP yearly.
NFL
$10m signing bonus prorated at $2m per year over length of contract.
$4m salary over 5 years.
If team terminates contract after year one the player receives $14m and team accounts for the remainder of the bonus (dead money) under the CAP. The team could also demand a redo at any point under the threat of termination. As a result, players negotiate for high signing bonuses as they are the only true guarantee and when traded request a new deal to acquire another guarantee.
Thanks for the breakdown. But my original point was directed at the fact that the contracts are what they are. And both parties know this.. hence why you don't witness 98 percent of NFL players make a stink... At least publicly. Imo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA