Rumor: Patrick Peterson to be traded or not or maybe

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fans here really like 3-13. They want to get back to it by trading away a HOF player in prime cause he is asking for a new contract.

Before you say they were 3-13 with him. They were 3-13 with Larry Fitz, David Johnson, Chandler Jones too.
I don't see those guys going out of their way to slam the same employer that signs their checks either. If we keep him fine.. whatever. But, you never know what happens with the optics of potential free agents and such in the future. That is doing long term damage. Imo

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't see those guys going out of their way to slam the same employer that signs their checks either. If we keep him fine.. whatever. But, you never know what happens with the optics of potential free agents and such in the future. That is doing long term damage. Imo

This is like saying free agents are not going to sign with Giants since they wrong'd OBJ .

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fitz is completely different. We all know that he reacts in ways that most athletes do not. To be held to that standard (while noble) just isn't achievable for 98% of athletes.
So battering your teams name and front office in social media is acceptable behavior for a new contract? There is a reason they do it... It's because they want out. Jmo

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is like saying free agents are not going to sign with Giants since they wrong'd OBJ .
They wronged OBJ. Hilarious. Last I checked.. they signed him to 5 yrs 95 mil with 65 guaranteed....and this was after his ACL tear.

Oh, and that's New York. We are Arizona. Big difference for younger free agents. Theres a reason we are the retirement home.. PP doing this stuff doesn't make it any better. Imo.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
He has taken a break from banging the “Cardinals won’t draft Kyler Murray” drum to suggest that the Cardinals have shipped defensive back Patrick Peterson to the Chiefs.

A source with direct knowledge as to whether such a deal had gone down tells PFT that no deal has gone down between the Cardinals and the Chiefs, and that there has been “zero dialogue” between the two teams. Another source suggested initially that something may be happening, but then made it clear that Peterson is staying put in Arizona.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/23/patrick-petersons-days-in-arizona-could-be-ending/

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he really wants out and we get a good offer I guess you do it but all you people saying good get rid of him will realize what's up when the entire defense has to be changed because they no longer have PP21 locking down 1 player on every pass down. I have no idea what our defense was going to be like this year but I guarantee you the plan would change if they traded PP21.

You can make the argument now is the time to trade him 28 starting to show a little age, not as fast, wasn't as good last year(the whole defense was terrible though). But we don't even have a proven #2 let alone a replacement for PP21.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Selfish PP wants the spotlight come draft day so he gets all the attention along with Murray on espn NFL draft day show. Give him the boot.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If he really wants out and we get a good offer I guess you do it but all you people saying good get rid of him will realize what's up when the entire defense has to be changed because they no longer have PP21 locking down 1 player on every pass down. I have no idea what our defense was going to be like this year but I guarantee you the plan would change if they traded PP21.

You can make the argument now is the time to trade him 28 starting to show a little age, not as fast, wasn't as good last year(the whole defense was terrible though). But we don't even have a proven #2 let alone a replacement for PP21.

Yes Sir!

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Fans here really like 3-13. They want to get back to it by trading away a HOF player in prime cause he is asking for a new contract.

Before you say they were 3-13 with him. They were 3-13 with Larry Fitz, David Johnson, Chandler Jones too.

Been there done that. We have a sub-.500 college football coach running things, I would be thrilled with 3-13.

Yeet

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
and I remember that username vaguely. All y'all with your damn name changes.
Me too. Don't recall any negative stuff tied to swd1976.

Doesn't change the relationship between credibility and social media. Still gotta name sources. Still have to be believed.

Message still raises a question: Why would anyone bother to fabricate or pass along a story that a star CB on a losing team was being traded, would miss practice, didn't eat his corn flakes or whatever. (Too much idle time?)

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know. The dude is still in the prime of his career and hasn't missed a game in his career. He isn't even 30 yet.

He is 29 before the season starts and has 8 full season of wear and tear... considering what the average length of an NFL career is he is hardly young. And has plenty of wear and tear on the body.. Certainly wouldn’t give any type of long extension... maybe two years at most? But that’s after this season and not before... very few professional athletes are Charles Woodson capable.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson