Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Episode IX) (2019)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I regret I can only like this once.

I have heard two new theories (two more options) about the Emperor. The first is that the Emperor never died but was stranded on that planet they show. They would have to explain what that explosion was after Vader threw him "overboard" though. The second I heard was that the New Order found the remains on that planet and cloned him which opens a host of other questions. Have not really thought about these but fans are speculating the hell out of it right now.

Also. this could be a pure coincidence but MARVEL started with their new Star Wars series of comics. Interesting enough, they established now in the comics that a Sith can transfer his essence into a dark object and keep it there so it can be later channeled. Evidently, it was part of what Palpatine was referring to when he said that there was a technique that allowed a Dark Sith to prevent people from dying. It's also why when someone really powerful with the Dark Side of the force dies there is a residual dark power that lingers (like on Dagobah with Yoda or Ahch-to with Luke). It's so powerful that it masks the presence of Jedi allowing them to hide out.

Interesting theories but as usual they are probably all wrong.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
could rise of Skywalker maybe refer to the Emperor... as the one who was Vader's father all along and began the lineage with Shmi back in the day, explaining away the "virgin" birth?

It just can't be Rey. That's so ******* obvious and stupid, retconning the previous episode and showing just zero imagination whatsoever.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
could rise of Skywalker maybe refer to the Emperor... as the one who was Vader's father all along and began the lineage with Shmi back in the day, explaining away the "virgin" birth?

It just can't be Rey. That's so ******* obvious and stupid, retconning the previous episode and showing just zero imagination whatsoever.
Good God. This is going to be a torturous next 7 months.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I kind of agree. There is a play on words going on here IMO. Don’t know about the above scenario but hey anything is possible.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good God. This is going to be a torturous next 7 months.

I think I would prefer Luke impregnating one of those green milk aliens on the island and Rey training the offspring in the ways of the Force over Palp banging Shmi!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kind of agree. There is a play on words going on here IMO. Don’t know about the above scenario but hey anything is possible.

or it could refer to Leia... but she pretty much "rose" in Jedi to be leader of the galaxy.

stewdog1

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Or Luke is risen from the dead, or maybe anakin to spank his grandson

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kylo is half Skywalker.

that seems really predictable also... and if they just go the redemption route ala Vader with him, that is beyond freaking lame. But I suspect that's where they're going now that they're bringing back the Emperor, not to mention TFA was pretty much a carbon copy of ANH.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brad Meltzer's idea from over three years ago...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Kylo is half Skywalker.
I had forgotten about that. It’s the most obvious. That’s what it is. But the “rise” of skywalker intimates it’s a rise to power, and imo not in a good way. It seems that should have been the second of a trilogy the way empire was the bad guys movie.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had forgotten about that. It’s the most obvious. That’s what it is. But the “rise” of skywalker intimates it’s a rise to power, and imo not in a good way. It seems that should have been the second of a trilogy the way empire was the bad guys movie.

Kyle is a Solo. I can’t see them saying...

Rise of Skywalker*

*By blood only.

Then again studios were going to do a Men in Black and 21 Jump Street crossover.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then again studios were going to do a Men in Black and 21 Jump Street crossover.

dude... if it had been written and directed by Lord And Miller, who wrote and directed the first two Jump Streets, I would have been ALL OVER THAT. Those guys would have sent up reboot-quels in the same ways they did action sequels in Jump 2.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One mystery solved. The Emperor is dead. So the theory he survived and was stranded is debunked.

Strongly leaning towards Dark Force ghost.

https://www.gamespot.com/amp-articl...pisode-9-tease-emperor-palpatin/1100-6466280/

this means nothing. Lucas doesn't get a say in what happens at this point, same as Hamill for Luke.

and there's no way that dude... just happened... to be near there... AND the laugh just happened to be at the end of the trailer. If you think that wasn't planned well in advance, I've got some beach front property to sell you in Yuma.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
this means nothing. Lucas doesn't get a say in what happens at this point, same as Hamill for Luke.

and there's no way that dude... just happened... to be near there... AND the laugh just happened to be at the end of the trailer. If you think that wasn't planned well in advance, I've got some beach front property to sell you in Yuma.

Huh? Who suggested the laugh "just happened"? I am sure the story arc was well planned out. Where did I suggested otherwise? That's not what I said at all. I was just saying that out of all the theories him still being alive and stranded seems the least likely.

Two things. Aside from small things they have not deviated from Lucas's mythos or "rules" for the most part. It's not like they have said screw what George did before us. They sort of Retconned Midichlorians by not mentioning them at all but I think up to this point they have been pretty respectful of what George did. I could be wrong but not leaving the Emperor dead would be the biggest retcon to date. No?

Also, since the completed principle filming don't you think Ian McDiarmid would know if this character was in fact dead at the end of ROTJ? He would have already filmed all his scenes for the new movie. I guess it's possible he is lying to throw fans off but he could have said that much differently. He was pretty clear. Which leads me to believe it's one of the other scenarios on how they are bringing his character back.

So looks like your stuck with your beach front property. ;)

dude... if it had been written and directed by Lord And Miller, who wrote and directed the first two Jump Streets, I would have been ALL OVER THAT. Those guys would have sent up reboot-quels in the same ways they did action sequels in Jump 2.

Simply no.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Lol. Borg. I was about to say THAT CROSSOVER SOUNDS DOPE!!!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh? Who suggested the laugh "just happened"?

I'm saying the actor's appearance at the Expo with the rest of the cast was completely planned. The article you post said he "just happened to be around the area and decided to pop in.

I am sure the story arc was well planned out. Where did I suggested otherwise? That's not what I said at all. I was just saying that out of all the theories him still being alive and stranded seems the least likely.

Two things. Aside from small things they have not deviated from Lucas's mythos or "rules" for the most part. It's not like they have said screw what George did before us. They sort of Retconned Midichlorians by not mentioning them at all but I think up to this point they have been pretty respectful of what George did. I could be wrong but not leaving the Emperor dead would be the biggest retcon to date. No?

I really don't think they give a flying frack.

Also, since the completed principle filming don't you think Ian McDiarmid would know if this character was in fact dead at the end of ROTJ? He would have already filmed all his scenes for the new movie. I guess it's possible he is lying to throw fans off but he could have said that much differently.

Boy... that would be the first time something like that happens at one of these events, right? Like saying all of the people in the Avengers snap are really dead and not coming back.

He was pretty clear. Which leads me to believe it's one of the other scenarios on how they are bringing his character back.

So looks like your stuck with your beach front property. ;)

Simply no.

Questioning Lord And Miller's comedic vision for stuff makes me laugh at this point. Those dude's OWN comedy and are the writer/directors to spoof the crap out of a crossover movie like and just tee off on the bastardization of content Hollywood is so keen on continuing.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm saying the actor's appearance at the Expo with the rest of the cast was completely planned. The article you post said he "just happened to be around the area and decided to pop in.

Ahhhh. Misunderstood and I agree I am sure it was planned as well. Not sure that changes his comment though. Like I said he could be pulling a misdirection on fans.

I really don't think they give a flying frack.

Kathleen Kennedy has given plenty of interviews and I think she does. However, so far I don’t think they have retconned something that big.

I Boy... that would be the first time something like that happens at one of these events, right? Like saying all of the people in the Avengers snap are really dead and not coming back.

It’s possible but less likely now IMO.

P.S. still no the MIB crossover. Just a dumb idea even if they could manage to make it funny. I am not alone or they wouldn’t have killed it.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Can’t wait.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, that looked like Rey as a Sith at the end.

Clone of Rey? Also, the face was obviously CGI of Rey. Which seems odd. Why have a CGI face of Rey when it could actually be her in that scene? Maybe that was early FX and it's the impact of the reflections of the saber.

Something doesn't add up. It can't be that simple that Rey turns dark.

I think this adds to the theory that Rey is a genetic experiment from Skywalker DNA. Remember that scene from the last movie where there were several iterations of herself and she was snapping her fingers?

What if that iteration of Rey is one of many? In other words, the Emperor knowing how powerful the Skywalker line is created many Rey's. Created an army of her to be trained and unleashed on the Galaxy when the time was right.

The Rise of Skywalker title makes soooo much sense if that is the case. The genetic decedents of the Skywalker line cloned and brought up on the dark side.

If that is the case? Holy @#$@#$@#. That is way more powerful than any "Death Star".

Someone on the inside could have stolen one of the many clones knowing that they might need her someday to fight back. Hence...how she ended up on Jakku.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose