• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
Kai

Kai

Veteran
Reaction score
Tru, I think if we were to trade down (with the Raiders presumably) we would want their 3 1st round picks and maybe even their 2nd round pick

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Tru, I think if we were to trade down (with the Raiders presumably) we would want their 3 1st round picks and maybe even their 2nd round pick

That would be insane. You'd have to say yes to that deal. I think that the Cards would move as low as 6, and I'd be surprised if they could pick up an additional 1st for that.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Depends on the deal, but in general, I think you're better off taking a top prospect that you feel good about. Hard to remember a bunch of trade-down scenarios that people feel good about.

True. In this case, I feel like if the Cards can pick up an additional first and stay in the Top-10, it can fill more holes with significant pieces. I think the difference between a Bosa, Oliver, and Quinnen Williams is minimal, and Williams and Oliver both fill a position of need.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That would be insane. You'd have to say yes to that deal. I think that the Cards would move as low as 6, and I'd be surprised if they could pick up an additional 1st for that.

If they moved down to 6, they should be able to net a 1st rounder IMO, or a package of picks commensurate with a 1st rounder.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

The value chart says that the Raiders could give us 4, 24, and 35 and it would be fair value for #1. I would be very happy with that coup.

OP
OP
Kai

Kai

Veteran
Reaction score
IDK I feel like staying in the top 10 (and one pick in the 1st) isn't really worth it compared to having one in the top 10 and two other 1st round picks.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless the Cardinals are locked onto a prospect I'm for trading down if the offer is sweet enough.

I wouldn't want them to trade down too far in the first round where they miss out on the pool of top players.

Still unknown is how the Cardinals feel about Murray and whether their interest is a smokescreen.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
I’ve flipped from Bosa to Williams. Take one of them and continue solidifying the D. No trade down.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Of course the decision is offer dependent. The difference between this draft and the Suggs debacle is that this draft is unusually deep except at QB, early WRs & TE. It is very deep in edge rushers and O-Line prospects. With the right offer trading down could fill at least an extra hole while likely still getting a Pro Bowl potential first rounder. I’m just not certain any team offers enough for me to pass Bosa or even Williams. If they fir my offer description I’d move.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Go with the pick, get whoever the Cards feel is the best player in the draft for them. However, trade the first pick in the 2nd round for multiple draft picks.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
I don't think could get more than a 1 and possibly 2 this year and some kind of future pick 2nd or 3rd next year most likely round there just a QB that's most likely going to fetch more than that

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Nobody is trading up to 1 for Murray. I believe the Giants will move to 1 for Haskins. Gentlemen is old school and likes big QB’s plus he can sit behind Eli for a year. Whatever the return we need their 2020 1st because they are going to be awful next year.

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
Nobody is trading up to 1 for Murray. I believe the Giants will move to 1 for Haskins. Gentlemen is old school and likes big QB’s plus he can sit behind Eli for a year. Whatever the return we need their 2020 1st because they are going to be awful next year.

I agree. I think this is the most likely trade that could happen.

If not I think we stay put and pick Q Williams. He can be moved around to play DE and DT like Aaron Donald. Keim wants to get that anchor of the D. Bring gunter back and that rotation could wreak havoc in backfields.

Reactions: PJ1
OP
OP
Kai

Kai

Veteran
Reaction score
/hehasrosen

I can’t imagine Q Williams playing 3-4 DE, but maybe nose tackle if we don’t get Dexter Lawrence or Christian Wilkins?

HeHasRosen

All Star
Reaction score
/hehasrosen

I can’t imagine Q Williams playing 3-4 DE, but maybe nose tackle if we don’t get Dexter Lawrence or Christian Wilkins?

I can. Depending on the package i can see him doing both. He needs to cut his baby fat and gain muscle and strength for sure. His upside is much higher than those 2 imo. However i like Wilkins more than Lawrence and would be a good pick in a trade down scenario