Official 2019 Free Agency

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
There is some stupid money being thrown around.
This isn't me complaining that we haven't done anything yet, because I know it hasn't even started, but you have to be aggressive to have a chance.

The worst of it all is that we're not a very good team, and we have the money... so I start to get increasingly worried that we're going to throw lots of money at guys in the second and third tier of the market.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
This isn't me complaining that we haven't done anything yet, because I know it hasn't even started, but you have to be aggressive to have a chance.

The worst of it all is that we're not a very good team, and we have the money... so I start to get increasingly worried that we're going to throw lots of money at guys in the second and third tier of the market.

You can't blow a high % of what cap is available on one guy when we have the needs we do.

The money being thrown around for guys who are not superstars or coming off injuries is staggering.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

And remain the crappy team we are while pointing out how dumb the rest of the league is.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It is good to understand what the market worth of certain roles is...but I am not sad we are missing out on what is being reported.

They can have them all. If you look at what what #2 TEs are getting Nick Boyle and Uzomah, the Clay contract is pretty good. Same with RTs and Gilbert. And it will be the same when it gets to Robert Alford and his deal vs what guys like Bradley Roby will get.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is good to understand what the market worth of certain roles is...but I am not sad we are missing out on what is being reported.

They can have them all. If you look at what what #2 TEs are getting Nick Boyle and Uzomah, the Clay contract is pretty good. Same with RTs and Gilbert. And it will be the same when it gets to Robert Alford and his deal vs what guys like Bradley Roby will get.

Absolutely

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ESPN's Chris Mortensen mentioned on NFL Live that he's heard #49ers are potentially in the market for free agent Le'Veon Bell. #Jets still viewed as clear favorites.

I hope the Niners do spend a ton and sign him. Then I hope he Subsequently gets pop for dope again and get suspended for a year.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Earl Thomas wants $14 million a year coming off a season ending injury and he'll be 30 when the season starts. He may get it too with the kinds of money being thrown around.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Mike Garafolo
@MikeGarafolo

·
3m

#Jets have now agreed with WR Jamison Crowder on a three-year, $28.5 million deal with $17 million fully guaranteed at signing, source says. Former #Redskins fourth-rounder cashes in.

Holy crap, we need to draft 3 WR's this year.

9.5m/year for this...?!

You must be registered for see images attach

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
If Alexander got that big of a contract...... Mosley is going to get a huge offer. We are probably not going to pay that much for an ILB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose