Sarkisian will not be Cards OC

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Honestly don't think it matters, get some young, hungry, creative guys that don't mind grinding it out and roll the offense. Maybe Kiem can get Caldwell to come in as a senior consultant type, the way Arians used Pratt and Moore.

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
"

Looks like hes decided to ride Sabans coattails again to try to rebuild his rep.

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
Maybe we weren't sold on the lack of NFL experience, he had 1 year as a QB coach and 2 years as an OC.

Maybe the prudent move is to bring in an NFL lifer, who will be able to leverage experience to adapt CKK's playbook and concepts.

***Edit: based on the tweet above, sounds like Sark is more comfortable coaching in college.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The OC will be a glorified position coach. A big name like him isn't coming here to let kk call the plays

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Yes Sark but he wasn't exactly on the upswing either. OC here is a great job because people will give you at least some credit for the success and if it fails it is all on KK. Not sad about this though.

I think one of KKs biggest weakest is just not having the NFL cred and connections to really bring his own staff together that are all on the same page and not figuring it all out as they go. We will see how it works out, but with BA you see when he took the job he brought a solid staff with him. This was probably one of the big selling points in him landing the job. Bottom line is if KK can't deliver a great offense I don't see how his hire will be viewed as a success.

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Thank god.

Hated seeing his play calling at Alabama and Falcons took multiple steps back with him replacing Shanahan

That didn’t matter at all since Kingsbury will be calling the plays.

isnt Kubiak a pretty dogmatic Mike Shanahan offense devotee -- zone blocking schemes, etc?

I thought I read somewhere (can’t remember where) that Elway wanted to hire a more new-school innovative play caller, and also that Kubiak wanted to bring some coaches along with him.