Bill Davis is Back as LB Coach

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ugh. Not super happy about this one. I still have nightmares about the last time he was here.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't know much about Vance Joseph, other than the fact that Denver's defense took a turn for the worse under his regime as HC.
However, the Bill Davis hiring reeks of the front office being too involved in the Kingsbury staff. It almost feels like Bidwill/Keim just hired a yes man (ala Jason Garrett), so they could just put their fingerprints on the whole operation.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Davis defenses were top 10 in takeaways in five of his seven years as DC. That's all I got

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
billy davis linebackers in Arizona were nothing special, he was before dwash and dansberry correct?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don't know much about Vance Joseph, other than the fact that Denver's defense took a turn for the worse under his regime as HC.
However, the Bill Davis hiring reeks of the front office being too involved in the Kingsbury staff. It almost feels like Bidwill/Keim just hired a yes man (ala Jason Garrett), so they could just put their fingerprints on the whole operation.

This was literally one of the biggest topics of the press conference!

KK said he was going to lean on Keim to fill out the staff.

There is this really ridiculous theme I see in the critiques of some of these hirings. People are criticizing failed head coaches being hired as coordinators who were previously successful coordinators and now are criticizing position coaches who were failed coordinators.

The fact that position coaches even got a shot at being coordinators means they were good position coaches.

Bill Davis has always been considered a good LB coach. It's his calling card. He wasnt very good as a coordinator, but that doesn't mean he can't coach.

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
Seriously? This guy is terrible at coaching. Ohio State fans were happy to see him go. Can't believe the Cardinals are bringing back a guy they already fired.

I remember when the 49ers told Chip Kelly in 2016, that he wasn't allowed to hire Billy Davis after they had already fired him 9 years earlier.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So and so sucks because his defense ranked 21st in points back in 2009. What???? Before we criticize do we know all the circumstances of the situation at that particular time? Indicator? Perhaps. Overall conclusion? I don’t think so .

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
billy davis linebackers in Arizona were nothing special, he was before dwash and dansberry correct?
Davis was DC in 2009-10. D-Wash's rookie year was 2010. Not sure who Dansberry is, perhaps you mean Dansby? Because he left after the 2009 season. That said, Davis took a middle of the pack defense and made it one of the worst in the league. To be fair, our LB corps was as lacking as it is now. Names like Lenon, Porter, Haggans although Haggans and Porter had 10 sacks between them.

Reaction score
Ohio State fans glad to see him go because their defense kinda regressed this year....but I think their DC should shoulder some of the blame.

You can now welcome Bosa to Arizona.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Davis was DC in 2009-10. D-Wash's rookie year was 2010. Not sure who Dansberry is, perhaps you mean Dansby? Because he left after the 2009 season. That said, Davis took a middle of the pack defense and made it one of the worst in the league. To be fair, our LB corps was as lacking as it is now. Names like Lenon, Porter, Haggans although Haggans and Porter had 10 sacks between them.
Billick always called Dansby Dansberry on broadcasts.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score

When it comes to offense, Kliff is a "yes man" for nobody. He runs the show on that side of the ball and you will see it soon enough for yourself. Jason Garrett is a complete joke in that regard.

Kingsbury doesn't know squat about defense and so he's leaning on the management to help him fill out the staff. He is showing good self-awareness that he needs help with this aspect of the team.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave