Kingsbury Finalizing a Deal To Become TheArizona Cardinal's Head Coach

Reaction score
Together we could write the speech he's gonna give.

Tough
Disciplined
Intelligent

I want our players to focus on our core 3. blah blah blah... we got Rosen, PP, Chandler Jones and a good core....1st pick will be useful....gotta coach well make good decisions and coach em up.

We've seen tons of these in AZ. Don't expect anything eye opening.

yet for some reason the fan base will get 'hyped'

Wrong forum. I'll help you out. https://forums.chargers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=140

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couldn't be more excited with the off-season.

KK
1st pick in every round
1st waiver priority
70m in cap space

Ah yes! The excitement of a Cardinals offseason.

Reminds me of yesteryear when old man Bill was running the team and all we had to look forward to was "Next Year"

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'll go on record and say I think this ends up being a big strikeout, but am fascinated to see what happens and would be ecstatic to be proven wrong!
I think you're right but I'm having difficulty admitting it to myself. Feeling an unusual amount of optimism about it working out and him molding Rosen into an elite QB at the head of a high powered offense.

But even if the hire is as bad as it has the potential to be, there is no way Keim survives. Which will precipitate a total house cleaning we should have had this year.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you're right but I'm having difficulty admitting it to myself. Feeling an unusual amount of optimism about it working out and him molding Rosen into an elite QB at the head of a high powered offense.

But even if the hire is as bad as it has the potential to be, there is no way Keim survives. Which will precipitate a total house cleaning we should have had this year.

don't get me wrong... I'm actually pretty excited... but it's in that excited while crapping my pants kinda way.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Somers was on the other day with Jody Ohler

the coaching conversation settled on Kliff vs Dave Caldwell.

Somers spent a minute or two on why Kliff wasnt the right pick

Somers liked Caldwell -- but also noted "Caldwell gets you to a certain level, but no higher"

Ohler finally says: between the two, who do you pick?

"Oh -- Kingsbury."

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No hating here, I’m skeptical for the obvious reasons.

1) mediocre HC, regardless of what school he came from. Mike Leach is a much better HC & proved it at the same school

2) can he assemble a quality staff? Legit question. Cards management has to be heavily involved in this process.

3) poor game manager at Tech, especially closing out games with big leads & utilizing timeouts

4) Does Rosen fit the Air Raid? Hmmm that’s the million $$$ question. Let’s hope so

5) weapons? Keim must kill it in FA & the draft at WR & Oline or else.

6) most HC from college fail in the NFL. Yeah there a few but I bet it’s a bigger percentage.

7) his defenses are generally on the field for more time than usual because of the Air Raid

I will give Michael Bidwill credit that he definitely thought outside the box & swung for the fences. Let’s hope they give him the time (at least 3 years) to fully find out what potential they could have

Let’s hope Bidwill hired the “right guy” instead of the “hot candidate guy”.

All good points.

I ask the same question about #1. Why not Mike Leach?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Putting "1st waiver priority" as a plus on these lists is the saddest thing I've ever seen.
It's not exciting, but getting Swearinger out of it is a pretty big deal to me.

There could be a few opportunities that provide solid depth/moderate starters on account of cap cuts.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Being #1 in waiver claims is nice to have in the back pocket but MB continuing to mention it in the PC was cringy. That’s not something you bring up when talking about how attractive the job is.

MadBird

Go Big Red!
Reaction score
The last time the Cardinals hired a brilliantly minded offensive coach with no NFL experience was a guy named Don Coryell from San Diego State. That worked out pretty well until Papa Bidwill refused to listen to Don and focus on drafting some defensive players -- of course things started to fall apart. Papa Bidwill was too proud to admit Don was right and fired him. I think "Air" Coryell did pretty well with the Chargers...taking them to the AFC Championship game. HOPEFULLY, lightening can strike twice for the Cardinals and this time listen to the coach and put all the pieces in place to be successful! Time will tell...

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The last time the Cardinals hired a brilliantly minded offensive coach with no NFL experience was a guy named Don Coryell from San Diego State. That worked out pretty well until Papa Bidwill refused to listen to Don and focus on drafting some defensive players -- of course things started to fall apart. Papa Bidwill was too proud to admit Don was right and fired him. I think "Air" Coryell did pretty well with the Chargers...taking them to the AFC Championship game. HOPEFULLY, lightening can strike twice for the Cardinals and this time listen to the coach and put all the pieces in place to be successful! Time will tell...
Good stuff, I didn't know that.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Yes he did & let’s hope it repeats itself. The difference is Coryell’s SDS teams were really good & he won lots of games

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We could call it Air Mail.

It's a little known fact that our new coaches name is similar to that of a certain mail carrier from Boston who frequented a basement bar named Cheers.

You must be registered for see images attach