Kingsbury Finalizing a Deal To Become TheArizona Cardinal's Head Coach

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Good lord we are terrible if Wilks and Kliff are the best we can attract.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
media reaction:

1. Pieces talking about what a bold, outside the box move this is
2. Pieces hating it

no in between

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gotta give them credit going bold with another first time NFL head coach. Would have been easy to just go safe with a former HC retread. Not sure how this will play out but thankfully we have an offensive mind to work with Rosen! Now just get a solid D coordinator and we should be fun to watch again lol.

OP
OP
S

Sun Devil Mania

Veteran
Reaction score

Bojack and Buckybird ........don't be haters! In today's NFL environment, a bright offensive mind combined with a good defensive coordinator could be very exciting and successful. Give it a chance. Our offense was so putrid last year and needs an exciting scheme overhaul!I am on this bandwagon!

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Unreal.

While I’m intrigued that he will likely improve our dreadful offense, I still don’t think he’s a very good HC & a bad game manager.

Someone in the Cards offices need to assemble a quality staff & Keim has to hit a HR at WR & Oline.

With that said, the big positive is this probably does help Larry Legend return for at least 1 more season. :mrgreen:

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Coaching pull was not spectacular from the start and we couldn’t keep Wilks after the year we had. McCarthy looks like he wants to stay on east coast to be near family.

FWIW McVay met with Kingsbury a couple of months ago to supposedly pick his brain so maybe he really does help make a difference with this offense.

Does lack of success at college level and no NFL coaching experience cause for concern....of course but again slim pickins in this year’s coaching market.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got news for many. When the Bears announced they had just hired Matt Nagy as their new head coach much of the Chicago media and fans were screaming WHO? Not being a Bears fan I applauded the hire for no other reason than Ryan Pace had the conviction to hire HIS guy. Nobody was breaking down the door to to hire him. This will be very similar. There will be a lot of scrutiny and second guessing but I applaud bidwill and Kiem for having the balls to go and get THEIR guy. Right, wrong or indifferent. I would be totally bummed if we were the last team to sign a head coach. That would have screamed we settled.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Terrible take! One of the young most attractive guys available and your knocking them proactively in getting him? Just absurd...
Agreed. The Cardinals are not one of the teams in the NFL that can wait til a guy has proven it . They have to get the guy before he becomes the guy. Im an optimist so I love the idea of what this hire could mean.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unreal.

While I’m intrigued that he will likely improve our dreadful offense, I still don’t think he’s a very good HC & a bad game manager.

Someone in the Cards offices need to assemble a quality staff & Keim has to hit a HR at WR & Oline.

With that said, the big positive is this probably does help Larry Legend return for at least 1 more season. :mrgreen:

I'm hoping Keim takes into account the deficiencies of Kingsbury by making solid hires around him.

I have to believe this was a given before the hire.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Im excited for the offense but this means keim has his hands full upgrading this Oline to prove he hired the right HC to succeed.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Once McCarthy was out of the picture, I was fine with going with an offensive minded approach. We'll definitely need a solid DC. I'm curious to hear what KK has in store. After how unwatchable this team was this year, I'm excited to see some offense again. Our last 2 offensive geniuses were Coryell & Arians. They both worked out just fine.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave