Kingsbury Finalizing a Deal To Become TheArizona Cardinal's Head Coach

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Riley Ridley as well.

This offense opens up an entirely different prospect list.

Kirk should really do well and I can't wait to see Fitz play in Air Raid.

You think this offense will entice Fitz to come back? I sure hope so.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Beware the trap of (a) "This guy fit a certain profile and didn't work out, so stay away from all guys like him or, conversely, (b) "This guy didn't fit a certain profile so don't hire him."

Each individual has unique subsets of attributes and flaws, and the GM and ownership has to evaluate each candidate based on all those characteristics - within the context of team history, what's going on in the NFL etc.

It ain't science; it's an art form requiring special human insight and more than a little luck. (The reason I'm not happy with how the BA situation turned out is that we got lucky and hired a good 'un only to let him get away).

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Together we could write the speech he's gonna give.

Tough
Disciplined
Intelligent

I want our players to focus on our core 3. blah blah blah... we got Rosen, PP, Chandler Jones and a good core....1st pick will be useful....gotta coach well make good decisions and coach em up.

We've seen tons of these in AZ. Don't expect anything eye opening.

yet for some reason the fan base will get 'hyped'

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm sure one of the reasons Keim is hot for KK is the same reason as Wilks. He wants an inexperienced HC that is chomping at the bit so much he is going to do be his guy even if to his own detriment. If the reports are true BA had way more influence over SK and BB for better or than SK and to a lesser extent BB probably liked.

SK has really sealed his fate either way on this deal. I would have rather had someone who could help prop up SK and guide when he was wrong since SK has not had the best track record lately.

All I can do is hope I'm eating crow come midseason or we will be our turn to be the Browns for a while because no one is going to want to play or coach here.

Hopefully Kliff realizes his future is tied to this orgs success now and he will have enough wherewithal to make the right decisions even if it means dragging mgt along kicking and screaming.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Tough
Disciplined
Intelligent

I want our players to focus on our core 3. blah blah blah... we got Rosen, PP, Chandler Jones and a good core....1st pick will be useful....gotta coach well make good decisions and coach em up.

Same could be said for every other team in the league when hiring a new HC. Not some grand revelation by you. Lol

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I got news for many. When the Bears announced they had just hired Matt Nagy as their new head coach much of the Chicago media and fans were screaming WHO? Not being a Bears fan I applauded the hire for no other reason than Ryan Pace had the conviction to hire HIS guy. Nobody was breaking down the door to to hire him. This will be very similar. There will be a lot of scrutiny and second guessing but I applaud bidwill and Kiem for having the balls to go and get THEIR guy. Right, wrong or indifferent. I would be totally bummed if we were the last team to sign a head coach. That would have screamed we settled.
And Nagy promptly scored 15 points against a patchwork secondary. Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll go on record and say I think this ends up being a big strikeout, but am fascinated to see what happens and would be ecstatic to be proven wrong!

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm sure one of the reasons Keim is hot for KK is the same reason as Wilks. He wants an inexperienced HC that is chomping at the bit so much he is going to do be his guy even if to his own detriment. If the reports are true BA had way more influence over SK and BB for better or than SK and to a lesser extent BB probably liked.

SK has really sealed his fate either way on this deal. I would have rather had someone who could help prop up SK and guide when he was wrong since SK has not had the best track record lately.

All I can do is hope I'm eating crow come midseason or we will be our turn to be the Browns for a while because no one is going to want to play or coach here.

Hopefully Kliff realizes his future is tied to this orgs success now and he will have enough wherewithal to make the right decisions even if it means dragging mgt along kicking and screaming.

Apparently Keim was lining up McVay but then BA came back another year and scuppered it. Then he retired and MB chose Wilks.

Now if that’s true you have gotta think that MB, now seeing McVays success, has let Keim have this one. If Keim sees KK in a similar way to McVay then there is no reason to not think he could strike gold with KK??

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Then explain why people wanted Bieniemy even though the only time in his entire coaching career he was an OC his team won 4 games in 2 years and was gone after 2 years? But he's one of the most sought after coaching prospects this year. I'm not entirely in love with this move either but the guy coached 2 of the most dynamic QB's this season in Mayfield and Mahomes. Got to be the reason for his hiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Tough
Disciplined
Intelligent

Hey.. Charger fan - don't you have a game to prepare for?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re Bowles. Maybe you sell it to him that he will essentially be the HC of the D and he already has some great pieces in place with the #1 pick being Bosa and a load of cap space and draft picks to fill out the rest??
Bowles would be an easy sell in the scenario, he just may to prefer to work with his friend.