Arizona high schools cranking out the college QBs

Bryce Perkins looks good for Virginia
Brock Purdy was great for Iowa State this year
Ryan Findley for NC State
Spencer Rattler is the no 1 QB recruit and headed to OU next year

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I was watching Jon Runyan Jr. today during the peach bowl. He's the LT for Michigan and I thought he looked very solid in both run and pass blocking. Son of Jon Runyan who played 14 years in the NFL . A junior who will graduate this Spring. If he comes out I would grab him in the 3rd round. He may move up based on his combine results .

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
After watching the Alabama game, there is nothing I see from Q Williams that would make me want to draft him with the 1st overall pick. As soon as he escapes the wrath of Saban & gets paid NFL money, this guy will lay down, fatten up, and make a great Santa Claus every December. Not sure he's any better than Dumpster Dan. They may very well be related.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
After watching the Alabama game, there is nothing I see from Q Williams that would make me want to draft him with the 1st overall pick. As soon as he escapes the wrath of Saban & gets paid NFL money, this guy will lay down, fatten up, and make a great Santa Claus every December. Not sure he's any better than Dumpster Dan. They may very well be related.
I can’t tell if this is a troll or not, tbh.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
No troll. If we had the 15th pick in the draft, I could see the excitement. Dude did nothing last night that made me think he was anything special.
he played better against OK than he did against georgia...was actually impressive last night,....he dominated that poor freshman center

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
he played better against OK than he did against georgia...was actually impressive last night,....he dominated that poor freshman center

He had 1 hurry & 1 tackle. That's not dominant enough in a big game to make me even consider him with the 1st overall pick.

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i like Quinnan Williams. He has a similar first step and hand use that Aaron Donald has where he just goes right by o linemen (Not saying he is the next Aaron Donald).

He isnt a two-gap scheme guy -- would waste that attribute.

my concern: he would be 20 next year. Would the Cards spend 2 seasons having to develop him before you get that consistent performance out of him.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i like Quinnan Williams. He has a similar first step and hand use that Aaron Donald has where he just goes right by o linemen (Not saying he is the next Aaron Donald).

He isnt a two-gap scheme guy -- would waste that attribute.

my concern: he would be 20 next year. Would the Cards spend 2 seasons having to develop him before you get that consistent performance out of him.

I watched a lot of Pitt football. Quinnen is NO Aaron Donald.

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
wanted to see Marquise Brown, OU -- disappointed but he was coming back (too soon?)from an injury. Maybe for the best, because i want him with the Cards 2nd round pick

only a soph, but CeeDee Lamb I thought was really good for OU -- hands and plays with a tough streak

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No troll. If we had the 15th pick in the draft, I could see the excitement. Dude did nothing last night that made me think he was anything special.
I have no idea what in the blue hell you were watching then.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

& that’s not even close to the amount plays he made last night. I feel like you wasn’t even watching the right Jersey.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That game against UGA was his worst game, & even than, he was still solid. It was nobody else in that front 7 outside of Christian Miller that showed up.

Dude has been a dominant force literally every game.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm a little bit confused by your last post.

What does watching a lot of Pitt football have to do with Q Williams?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
That game against UGA was his worst game, & even than, he was still solid. It was nobody else in that front 7 outside of Christian Miller that showed up.

Dude has been a dominant force literally every game.

from what I have seen...I just think the kids conditioning is poo...and based on body type he is gonna have serious weight issues in the coming years....would help if he were a gym rat.
I prefer Ed Oliver...basically the same guy build and size wise but Oliver has a more solid/compact body type which tells me he isnt going to have issues staying in shape in the pros.

granted...he may be explosive enough that the weight issues dont hinder him much...his burst is impressive.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
from what I have seen...I just think the kids conditioning is ****...and based on body type he is gonna have serious weight issues in the coming years....would help if he were a gym rat.
I prefer Ed Oliver...basically the same guy build and size wise but Oliver has a more solid/compact body type which tells me he isnt going to have issues staying in shape in the pros.

granted...he may be explosive enough that the weight issues dont hinder him much...his burst is impressive.

They were going up against arguably the greatest offense in CFB history in 87% humidity. There is not a DL that won’t look gassed in that situation. However I agree that a player like Bosa is less risky than a DT. You just never know how their weight will fluctuate throughout their career.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have no idea what in the blue hell you were watching then.

& that’s not even close to the amount plays he made last night. I feel like you wasn’t even watching the right Jersey.

Dude, the box score doesn’t lie. He had 1 hurry & 1 tackle. Your videos show a 1st round talent, but NOT a number 1 overall pick. Greater chance he’ll eat himself out of the NFL than be a game changer.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Isaiah Simmons S out of Clemson has a chance to develop into be a special player. There is a lot of ThomasDavis/KamChancellor in his game. He is what the Cardinals wanted Reddick to be.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Dude, the box score doesn’t lie. He had 1 hurry & 1 tackle. Your videos show a 1st round talent, but NOT a number 1 overall pick. Greater chance he’ll eat himself out of the NFL than be a game changer.
A 20 year old college linemen not having professional eating habits is a red flag? Nothing has been stated about him not being a hard worker. We can't say that Saban wears his players out by working them so hard and then say one of his best, young players is lazy.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
also, lol @ “1 hurry” like he didn’t have 5-7 in the 1st half alone