The 2018-2019 Around the NBA thread

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyone else think this is a terrible idea? Some (most?) of these people will no doubt try to sneak past security and park it in an empty seat/try to argue with the ticketholder if they return to their seat.

Warriors offer $100 monthly passes with no view https://es.pn/2QyR5EY
via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

They're going to need to spend all the money they make from that on extra security. I can't see that working out. I could see the point of that for some very specific games. Like the home opener and on nights when they retire someone's jersey, or do the ring presentation. I can't imagine spending $100 a month to go buy overpriced beer and subpar food without even getting a seat.

On the flipside it wouldn't surprise me to hear the Suns start offering fans $100 a month to fill some of their empty seats.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're going to need to spend all the money they make from that on extra security. I can't see that working out. I could see the point of that for some very specific games. Like the home opener and on nights when they retire someone's jersey, or do the ring presentation. I can't imagine spending $100 a month to go buy overpriced beer and subpar food without even getting a seat.

On the flipside it wouldn't surprise me to hear the Suns start offering fans $100 a month to fill some of their empty seats.

I think you are very close to having this right.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

RIP

I want to see the Suns trade for Fultz only because I wonder if he can regress even further. Surely the PG Whisperer Igor Kokoskov would find a way to strip what little confidence he has away.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I want to see the Suns trade for Fultz only because I wonder if he can regress even further. Surely the PG Whisperer Igor Kokoskov would find a way to strip what little confidence he has away.

Or, once Fultz starts to turn it around, the Suns could trade Warren for Dinwiddie and bring in Walker on a max deal.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Or the Suns could have a true PG in Goran Dragic, and somehow get him to play dueling PGs with Bledsoe, then try and bring in ANOTHER PG in Isiah Thomas...... No wait, let's get a SF, then get another SF, and ANOTHER SF, and two more SFs......

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I’m so jealous. I just watched the Clippers beat the Warriors and then the Kings beat the Spurs. To add insult to injury, Bogdan and Fox hit big shots down the stretch.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
not drafting Fox might end up the biggest blunder in the history of biggest McD blunders... which is saying something.

Josh Jackson was the right pick. He was a stud at Kansas and was thought to have the biggest upside coming in.

Everybody I knew including me wanted Jackson.

Now I wonder what part the Suns play in this he's had 3 coaches in a year lol.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

RIP

Feel sorry for the kid. I argued all summer before the draft he was overrated because he didn't make much impact on wins and losses in college but obviously I had no clue this would happen to him. The rest of his game is quite good, his defense is ok but should get better with his talent level, he can score in the paint, he can rebound and pass. But the shooting right now is a huge problem you don't guard him outside and if he goes inside you just foul him and make him shoot FT's.

Really hope he finds a way past this I hate to see a kid struggling with such a mental block

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
JJ ended up like the draft pundits said. Good defense, and would have to work on his shot. He is still that same player we drafted. Long term because of his athleticism, he is supposed to peak higher. He is just beginning year two. I saw in a pregame shot, the Suns have him shooting set shots with his off arm behind his back to try and simplify his shot. Its hard to play during the season in the middle of a shot restructuring. Every time he goes up, he's probably thinking mechanics.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
JJ ended up like the draft pundits said. Good defense, and would have to work on his shot. He is still that same player we drafted. Long term because of his athleticism, he is supposed to peak higher. He is just beginning year two. I saw in a pregame shot, the Suns have him shooting set shots with his off arm behind his back to try and simplify his shot. Its hard to play during the season in the middle of a shot restructuring. Every time he goes up, he's probably thinking mechanics.

I said it before but he doesn't shoot how he practices. He practices a set shot with little elevation. During games he's so amped up he jumps high and quick when he shoots. Even so, the thunder game he had some easy flowing 3pt shots that he still missed.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I said it before but he doesn't shoot how he practices. He practices a set shot with little elevation. During games he's so amped up he jumps high and quick when he shoots. Even so, the thunder game he had some easy flowing 3pt shots that he still missed.
I think because that practice set shot is to get the arm motion down for the jump shot. It is smoother now, but I notice he mostly misses long. I think with the hitch in his shot his arms had to shoot harder to get to the rim. Now he has more power, but I think in his mind he hasn't adjusted for the more power he has in his shot. If that makes sense.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Feel sorry for the kid. I argued all summer before the draft he was overrated because he didn't make much impact on wins and losses in college but obviously I had no clue this would happen to him. The rest of his game is quite good, his defense is ok but should get better with his talent level, he can score in the paint, he can rebound and pass. But the shooting right now is a huge problem you don't guard him outside and if he goes inside you just foul him and make him shoot FT's.

Really hope he finds a way past this I hate to see a kid struggling with such a mental block

I think his defense has been as good as it's been because he brings nothing else to the table. He needs to play hard defensively to stay on the floor and in that regard this could be a blessing in disguise. If he continued on like he did in college then he would be a 6th man right now that provides a scoring punch off the bench but not much else. At least with his shot being broken he is trying to better other parts of his game.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

@Russ Smith what is going on

Last edited:

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Green trade coming to the suns soon? only wishing for something better.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
No thanks.
Really? Green would fill so many holes on the Suns currently.

Defensive accountability? Check.
Offensive playmaking? Check.
Intensity and cultural shift? Check.
3 pt prowess? well, i guess not quite everything.

It's a moot point, there's no way they'd trade Green right now.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think his defense has been as good as it's been because he brings nothing else to the table. He needs to play hard defensively to stay on the floor and in that regard this could be a blessing in disguise. If he continued on like he did in college then he would be a 6th man right now that provides a scoring punch off the bench but not much else. At least with his shot being broken he is trying to better other parts of his game.

I actually think his defense is the old baseball analogy that Bill James pointed out ages ago, catchers defensive reputations vary as the inverse of their offense. Or the worst hitter a starting catcher is, the better his REPUTATION is on defense. People assume he must be good on defense or he wouldn't be playing. Fultz blocks shots and gets steals, his defensive advanced stats are pretty average, in college they were pretty average too. For a guy with his length and athleticism he could be an elite defender but hes' always been a great scorer until the shot left him.

But I think you're right that he's probably a better defender now than he would be if his shot hadn't abandoned him and forced him to play defense.

I don't know why I missed most of the game but Jim Barnett mentioned him last night in the Warriors game and said he's had teammates who lost their shot but usually for a few games not this long, his example was one I pointed out early where Klay Thompson couldn't buy a 3 at the start of the year and then broke the NBA record for 3's in a game. It sure doesn't look like that's happening anytime soon for Fultz there is some serious mental block there. Hope he gets past it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard