The Walking Dead (AMC)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Random observation: the vast majority of relationships on TWD seen to interracial, especially black & white

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
This is ridiculous. First they ruin the surprise by telling us it's Rick's final season and now they tell us which episode. Horrible.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is ridiculous. First they ruin the surprise by telling us it's Rick's final season and now they tell us which episode. Horrible.
Thanks for not saying, I haven't found whatever spoiler you're talking about. Unfortunately it leads to a guess but whatever.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was a gnarly cliffhanger. Right when I got completely hooked into the episode it ended.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

right?! it's terrible.

that said, this season is sooooooooooooooo much better than the last 2.5 seasons.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this show is sooooooooooooooooooo much better this season. The characters all feel REAL. There's not nearly as many contrivances. The whole Michone sequence at the beginning alone was better than anything they've written in three years.

I'm super impressed at the turnaround. now, I kinda wish Rick was sticking around longer with the new dynamic at play between the characters. But I'm now confident in this writing staff to make his exit another interesting paradigm shift.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
this show is sooooooooooooooooooo much better this season. The characters all feel REAL. There's not nearly as many contrivances. The whole Michone sequence at the beginning alone was better than anything they've written in three years.

I'm super impressed at the turnaround. now, I kinda wish Rick was sticking around longer with the new dynamic at play between the characters. But I'm now confident in this writing staff to make his exit another interesting paradigm shift.

I don't know. I think that the show has become so bad that when it is just barely Average it seems like a huge improvement. I do like the direction that the show has gone towards this season with the whole trying to rebuild civilization theme vs the Faction of the Week vs Rick and Co. Although it seems like it could revert to Us against them again fairly quickly. Also I still roll my eyes at least 10 times during the show.

Things like a glass floor with the dead underneath. Gee I wonder if that floor is going to break and what idiot falls in... :rolleyes:

Rick and Daryl get into a scuffle and low and behold they fall into some random super deep hole in the ground.o_O

Rick is on horse that somehow just happens to throw him onto a cement block with rebar that impales Rick. With 1000s of zombies barely 10 yards away how ever will Rick survive more than a minute in the next episode. He should be ZomChow in the opening scene. Yet in the preview of the next episode he is leading zombies into what appears to be Atlanta. If it ends up just being a dream sequence then it's even more stupid. :doi:

To top it off the whole telling everyone this is Rick Grimes last episode thing is just stupid. Why spoil his death like that? It would be like if HBO showed a promo before the Red Wedding episode which showed Rob Stark getting betrayed. Stupid stupid stupid!!!

My favorite part of the last episode was Michone finding the black guy lynched in the tree. That was very powerful imagery and one of the best scenes in the series IMO.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well now question is can Darryl carry the show? Now that Rick is no more!

that's a REALLY good question. i think the show could handle Rick being gone, but both Rick and Maggie almost at once is a lot of MAJOR characters gonzo in one fell swoop when they're the leadership of the show.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, FFS!

That episode had two good moments... and none of them involved Rick. The showdown with Negan and the silent aftermath with Maggie and Michonne.

otherwise, that felt like season 5-8 garbage, especially one of the last scenes which got the FFS from me.

that said, the last scene was a good stinger and palette cleanser.

Last edited:

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I knew they weren't going to kill him off. Lincoln is going to test the waters and when he realizes he just pulled a David Caruso he's going to come begging for his job back, that is if the show is still on. I did enjoy the Shane scene and Shane was 100% right. I am looking forward to the Whisperers but they're as lame an antagonist as the Hunters were.

Superbone

Reaction score
I knew they weren't going to kill him off. Lincoln is going to test the waters and when he realizes he just pulled a David Caruso he's going to come begging for his job back, that is if the show is still on. I did enjoy the Shane scene and Shane was 100% right. I am looking forward to the Whisperers but they're as lame an antagonist as the Hunters were.
I don't think Lincoln is going to be begging for anything. He's already scheduled for 3 Walking Dead motion pictures. I'm glad they figured out a way to pull him from his family without killing him off. I also don't blame him for taking a break from the show. He didn't see his real family for 9 months of the year for a decade. Well deserved break, I'd say.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think Lincoln is going to be begging for anything. He's already scheduled for 3 Walking Dead motion pictures. I'm glad they figured out a way to pull him from his family without killing him off. I also don't blame him for taking a break from the show. He didn't see his real family for 9 months of the year for a decade. Well deserved break, I'd say.

it doesn't take anywhere near 9 months to shoot a cable season of TV. It's more like 4-5 months. Which is still a long time, but it ain't 9 months.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His decision is going to lead to the death of the show. Perhaps it's time.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His decision is going to lead to the death of the show. Perhaps it's time.

the show was dying the last three years anyway, with ratings sliding deeper and deeper and down with each successive season of MORE NEGAN!!! But I do think this might put the nail in the coffin. That said, I'm guessing it has at least three more seasons in it. Even though the numbers are down from stratospheric highs, they're still solid numbers and with Rick and Maggie now gonzo, budgets will probably be a little more tenable.

which is too bad as this season has been sooooooooo much better than the previous three.

Oh... one more thing. They did Maggie's character dirty. This was her last episode as well and she was barely mentioned as far as farewells.

At least they gave her closure before they axed her and I wouldn't be surprised to see her back within a year if her new ABC goes one and out this season.

Superbone

Reaction score
it doesn't take anywhere near 9 months to shoot a cable season of TV. It's more like 4-5 months. Which is still a long time, but it ain't 9 months.
Maybe not 9 but more than 5:

https://ew.com/tv/2018/07/30/andrew-lincoln-walking-dead/

As for why the star is leaving the biggest TV series in basic cable history, the reason is simple: family. Lincoln lives in England and The Walking Dead shoots for over half the year in Georgia, keeping him away from his wife and kids for prolonged stretches of time. “I have two young children, and I live in a different country, and they become less portable as they get older,” says the man who helped change the zombified face of television. “It was that simple. It was time for me to come home.”

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

that's a general overstatement. I worked on a show that also shot in Atlanta... one that shared crew with the Walking Dead. I know what their schedules are because a) it's a small community and I was friends with some of the go-betweens and b) we always knew when we'd lose certain people and when certain people would be available. At most it's a six month shoot, but still closer to 5.

Nowhere near 9 months.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, what a bummer. Good episode though. No way Rick ended up in that River but whatever

Superbone

Reaction score
that's a general overstatement. I worked on a show that also shot in Atlanta... one that shared crew with the Walking Dead. I know what their schedules are because a) it's a small community and I was friends with some of the go-betweens and b) we always knew when we'd lose certain people and when certain people would be available. At most it's a six month shoot, but still closer to 5.

Nowhere near 9 months.
I'll let you go tell all the news outlets.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywoo...andrew-lincoln-rick-leaving-season-9-premiere

The British actor is exiting the series in order to return to London, where his wife and two children reside. The Walking Dead shoots about seven months a year in Georgia, a schedule that’s kept Lincoln away from his family for long periods of time over the past eight years straight.

Plus I heard it from the horse's mouth on the Talking Dead after show. Not to mention Comicon and other fan event obligations.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll let you go tell all the news outlets.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywoo...andrew-lincoln-rick-leaving-season-9-premiere

Plus I heard it from the horse's mouth on the Talking Dead after show. Not to mention Comicon and other fan event obligations.

I don't need to. Like I said, I actually know people who work on the show and know their schedules.

Someone says they're leaving the show to "spend more time with their family" is the same crap coaches and politicians say when they want a change.

If Lincoln really cared about that, CAA wouldn't already be making him available for new series. Which they are. Can't say how I know that, but I do.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The family thing is an odd excuse. If that was a problem, just move your family temporarily to where you work. Dude has to be loaded from TWD. Having a second home and coming up with an education plan for the kids isn't that difficult.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I feel like a schmuck. Fell for the whole it's Rick's "Last Episode" thing.

When will I learn with this show? I knew that when the previous show ended Rick would somehow "escape" the massive herd of Walkers. This show has a very convenient way of slowing down Walkers for their benefit. Lets end a show with Rick impaled on Rebar passed out and walkers 10 yards away. Then Start the next show with
  • Rick waking up
  • realizing his situation
  • reaching for rebar that he can't reach
  • quickly realizing he can use his belt
  • take off his belt
  • loop the belt over some out of reach rebar in one miraculous motion
  • have enough strength to pull himself up off of a 3 foot long piece of rebar that impaled him
  • Stagger to his horse
  • pull himself up on the horse
  • Escape the massive horde of walkers that were only 10 yards from him when this all started

Rick did all of this in the time it took the walkers to cross the street?

You must be registered for see images attach

Rick must be the luckiest or unluckiest man alive. In just the last couple of episodes he has:
  • Accidently fallen into a giant pit on the side of the road that had no reason to be there. I mean who digs a 20 foot wide by 30 foot deep hole on the side of the road in the middle of no where?
  • Then he has his Horse get spooked and threw him on the one piece of rebar sticking out for miles, all with thousands of walkers just steps away.
  • Then he is able to pull himself off said rebar in a matter of seconds and escape the horde of zombies.
  • Oh and he blew himself up and traveled down a raging river with hundreds of walkers only to make it to shore safely.
It's a TWD miracle!!!

Don't get me started on Maggie opening the jail cell to kill Negan with a crowbar. Yeah Maggie vs Negan in a hand fight. That sounds like a good idea. I guess she has wised up because if she tried to shoot him she would probably accidently hit the button on his jeans only to have the bullet ricochet and kill Michone instead.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave