Spurs @ Suns 10-31-18

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I understand the shortcomings of this team. They are clear to see. And I understand that Ayton needs good guard okay to maximize his ability. What I’m saying is, when he does get the ball in good position he needs to take advantage of it and he’s not. And that frustrates me because we’ve never had a guy that’s capable of what he’s capable of, but not doing.

As for the claim that someone just made that “he’s raw” that is certainly NOT the case offensively. Defensively sure. But he was incredibly skilled in college and it’s translates over in the pros. Is he inexperienced? Yes. But not raw. What I’m seeing is passivity. Disagree with me fine. But that’s what I’m seeing.

What team plays like that now? I can't think of one. Especially when they're down by 20 or more. The NBA isn't a "Feed the Post" sort of league anymore. If a team is trailing by a lot they typically try to shoot themselves back into the game. It doesn't work unless you're Houston or Golden State but that's how it is. I think we'll see the league change as time goes on but expecting Ayton to dominate the post when we're down 20 in a game that's all but over with a 1 1/2 quarters left is asking too much. I doubt Igor is even thinking about keeping the lead about what it is by pounding the ball inside. Blame the coach, blame the guards, but I don't think it's right to blame Ayton just 7 games into the season.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He's averaging 17 points a game as a rookie I honestly don't know what your expecting. I think you have a very unrealistic view of what's going on. He's a doing great.

Hell if he had a guy spoon feeding him like Nash did Amare he might be averaging 25.
I think I have made it clear what I expect. More physical play. Or maybe it’s more what I desire. I want him to have a hunger. I don’t see that. Maybe he’s too cerebral to go animal and he’s thinking too much.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
We looked good at about 13-13. Then we just lost it. Started good. Even won the tip. Then we just decomposed.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I have made it clear what I expect. More physical play. Or maybe it’s more what I desire. I want him to have a hunger. I don’t see that. Maybe he’s too cerebral to go animal and he’s thinking too much.

Let's add some players like Faried, Harrell and Beverley to show him the way.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Ayton is not Shaq! I expected more physicality especially coached by Williamson. NBA is getting away from that. They are calling fouls now. I am just wondering if he's trying not to foul out.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Man who makes their kids go to a suns slaughter on Halloween night? That’s not cool.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ayton is not Shaq! I expected more physicality especially coached by Williamson. NBA is getting away from that. They are calling fouls now. I am just wondering if he's trying not to foul out.
I know he’s not Shaq but he’s got more athleticism and size than having to play like Aldridge.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Well that was ugly, but we saw a lot less of Jackson and Anderson and more Bridges. Bridges looked good, and Okobo is really not bad for a rookie. He doesn't do a lot of stupid stuff. Bridges doesn't really do any stupid stuff. Ayton was pretty bad tonight.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well that was ugly, but we saw a lot less of Jackson and Anderson and more Bridges. Bridges looked good, and Okobo is really not bad for a rookie. He doesn't do a lot of stupid stuff. Bridges doesn't really do any stupid stuff. Ayton was pretty bad tonight.

It's becoming the Warren, Booker, Ayton and Bridges show. They need some beef around them.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Dare I say that Jay Triano might have been the right choice for our coaching hire?

We should aim higher. Of course, Budenholzer and Fizdale said no. So...

Not really sure. I just know that this defense is not even professionally competitive.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'll tune in for a few more games when Booker gets back, but if I keep seeing non-competitive play, I'm going to check out for the rest of the season.

I'm not going to watch 82 games of this crap. You'd have to be a masochist to keep watching this team. It's a shame, because there was a real buzz around this team after getting the #1 pick.

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ayton really disappointed me tonight. Horrible D and did not impose himself on the offensive end. His D reminds me of Amare without the blocks. That's not good.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll tune in for a few more games when Booker gets back, but if I keep seeing non-competitive play, I'm going to check out for the rest of the season.

I'm not going to watch 82 games of this crap. You'd have to be a masochist to keep watching this team. It's a shame, because there was a real buzz around this team after getting the #1 pick.

We will find you if you check out! LMAO

You need to suffer with the rest of us. :D

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I’m getting a little fed up with this not being competitive poo. Even without Booker, we should at least be in the game at home against San Antonio. Is Kokoskov the Steve Wilks of the Suns? Holy poo, I can’t take this anymore.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Halloween game and the Suns decided to dress as losers. Not much of a costume if you ask me.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I predicted PHX would win 30 games this year, we might not crack 10 the way this season has been going so far.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m getting a little fed up with this not being competitive ****. Even without Booker, we should at least be in the game at home against San Antonio. Is Kokoskov the Steve Wilks of the Suns? Holy ****, I can’t take this anymore.

Why? We were legitimately the worst team in the NBA last season. Adding Ayton isn't going to change that. Keep this same group of players together for 2 or 3 more years and they might become competitive but we have too many holes and the talent on this team is too young. Add to that the absence of Booker and I don't see us being competitive against any of the top 25 teams or so no matter where we play.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen